( search forums )
Spy game mode
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
June 22, 2005, 9:45 pm
moderator: this is indeed very different from my spy-box idea!

my spy-box thingy wasn't rly a big hit with u ppl but it rly got me a whole new idea based on the same principle (that's why i decided to make a new topic).

simply put:
only SPY gets points for killing and nobody (xcept the spy) knows who the SPY is. (read details and understand why this is so amazing :D !)

you might already have an idea of what this might be but lemme fill in some blanks:
1) When game starts, first one to get a kill becomes the SPY.
2) You can look at score board as normal and it'll look just like a death.match F1 list
3) You do not know who has it (from appearance). a SPY looks just like any other soldier.
4) You cannot put mouse over enemies and see names (though this isn't totally necessary)
5) Perhaps also turn off the death console (the thing that says who killed whom and how) so that nobody knows who the SPY is, therefore when SPY talks and ppl see the name, they won't know it's the SPY!
5) Only spy gets points for killing (and he who kills spy)
6) FF is OFF when SPY been declared! This is real important to prevent ppl from killing other innocent ppl.

I do understand that people will be trying to kill other people because they're afraid that he might be the SPY, but that'll just make him waste ammo!

the awesome thing about this game mode is that when the spy decides to make his move and kill someone (let's say with an HK), then the other person will obvisouly try to attack back and when other people come to join their battle, they will prolly not know who to kill and might fire at the one who isn't the SPY and just waste ammo. This gets really intense with many people in a server!

if you fully understand what this mode is like and thoroughly think through how a game would be played you'd understand the genius of the stability of this idea!

Deleted User
June 23, 2005, 9:49 pm
If I wasent the spy, I would spray someone to get everyone's attention and everyone would try to kill me..
bahaha..
hey, what if this spy punk had predator? that woulda be fun. or wait, not visible at all (unless FOR the spy)
that would be fun to play at dark scary maps :P

Captain Ben
June 24, 2005, 4:42 am
A predator mode would be fun, everyone would be invisible :D
Perhaps the spy could have silenced weapons that couldn't be heard unless you can see them?

Deleted User
June 24, 2005, 12:29 pm
wow this would be confusing

Boxo
June 24, 2005, 2:38 pm
This sounds really nifty, actually :o

The spy shouldn't have any special abilities, tho, that'd be stupid, the whole idea of this mode is to find the spy among the normal, visible players. He'd have to go sneak, kill people secretly and stuff. I want to play this mode. ;o

It could be impleneted with just some tweaks from Rambomatch, too.

zyxstand
June 24, 2005, 9:26 pm
yeah, it's the same score-keeping method as in rambomatch - except you can't harm non-spies and you dunno who the spy is and you don't know anyone's name.
and i don't like the idea of SPY being predator-mode (that's been suggested before)...and cptn. Ben, you can't hear guns anyways unless you're in close porximity of them!

just like a real SPY!

bond_james_bond
June 24, 2005, 10:27 pm
It's just a little similar to Rambo

only a litlle

Deleted User
June 24, 2005, 11:30 pm
couldnt you just peek at the f1 scoreboard?

zyxstand
June 25, 2005, 1:42 am
quote:Originally posted by aznbl00dcouldnt you just peek at the f1 scoreboard?

nope - that's the beauty of it...if you read it!
you might see which person gets more kills (it'll show score with ppl's names on the F1 menu) but in the game you cannot see who's who, and since there won't be a death-console (hopefully) you won't know who it is either!
...that's the beauty of it ;)

Captain Ben
June 25, 2005, 8:13 am
No offence, but it is confusing. I was taking a gamble when I recommended silenced weapons :P

Deleted User
June 25, 2005, 9:11 am
Hmm,I'd rather have it like infestation mode on area 51.
One person starts as an alien or whatever..and whenever someone gets killed,they join that team,until all the normal people are gone,then it restarts.

Deleted User
June 25, 2005, 10:39 am
sounds kinda like my darklight idea.... one dude is "it" and whoever he kills join his team till all is gone and the last person wins and gets points.

zyxstand
June 25, 2005, 3:28 pm
no, this is not joining the SPY, but rather becoming the new spy - go ahead make your own topic about it - that'll just f.up my game mode and totally change it. besides, when there's like 2 ppl left and everyone else would be a SPY, it'll all be based on luck who survives - and the SPYs wouldn't know who's normal either!

Deleted User
June 25, 2005, 3:33 pm
noone said anything about getting ur spy into that. Gen0 suggested another gamemode, and I say that gamemode look alot like MY suggestion. joining the spy could be a nice touch but thats not what I ment

zyxstand
June 25, 2005, 3:39 pm
not targeting you, Psycho - i just wanted to clarify that that's an inappropriate comment of g. to post a completely differnet suggestion to my topic........

Deleted User
June 25, 2005, 3:41 pm
ppl did that to me too... tons of times.. its just saying something without bothering making a topic out of it. then ppl can rewiev 2 suggestions at once for example.. eh?

Deleted User
June 26, 2005, 12:46 pm
if I'd be the spy I'd whip up my Knife and stab from behind >=)
Realistic Mode together w/ this one on a dark map... scary. :P

zyxstand
June 26, 2005, 9:23 pm
lol - try that ninja map thing and be all black!

well, one-hit killers would be good there!
so always take caution of knife, chainsaw, m79, or barreters when playhing this mode! everybody else you'll have time to react!

Captain Ben
June 27, 2005, 3:40 am
What if everyone could see eachother normally, but the spy goes in and out of vision like realistic mode?

Pope
June 28, 2005, 10:16 pm
Aw, damn you all to hell. I had this idea in 1.05. I think everyone should be Predator tho. It'd certainly be interesting. Like, Alpha members can see all the Alpha guys, and Bravo can see Bravo. It'd certainly add an interesting touch, IMO.

zyxstand
July 3, 2005, 10:59 pm
haha pope ... you're not the first one to whom this has happened ..... though i've never heard of your idea ..... anyways, i'm sure yours wasn't quite as well thought-through as this one ...and i think we need more game modes in