( search forums )
Metal Slug mod: In progress by FM BM
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
mickle89
June 23, 2005, 11:28 am
Can someone with modding skills make a Metal Slug Mod. One has been made before but that was only interface. I want the weapon interface gfx. :p

Zero72
June 23, 2005, 5:12 pm
You do realize that nearly every weapon would look exactly alike?

We all love Metal Slug, but there really isn't much mod potential there. =/

HulluMurhari
June 24, 2005, 10:39 am
yes. i have also tried to make metal slug mod, but it never was completed, because of the metal slug grenade explosion. but i think i have all of the metal slug sounds in my hard drive somewhere...

oh yes, check out this link (though you all know this link already..) http://metalslug.ohayo-nippon.net/

theres that soundtrack link section, and i think mslug2 soundtrack will include some sounds...

Zero72
June 24, 2005, 5:10 pm
I was gonna say, it wouldn't be so bad to make mods for just the minigun as the heavy machine gun, and the socom as either of the regular old pistols.

mickle89
June 25, 2005, 4:20 am
So whos gunna start? :P

Pablo Honey
July 5, 2005, 5:19 pm
I would probably make it if someone sent me the sounds.

mickle89
July 6, 2005, 6:32 am
eh forget the sounds i just want the weapon gfx :p

Fangus Deef
July 6, 2005, 6:39 am
gim-me-teh-pic-ill-giv-jew-teh-interface-gfx

mickle89
July 6, 2005, 11:40 am
http://metalslug.ohayo-nippon.net/info_bronie.php

Theres some pics there.

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 1:19 am
You've got me interested :p If you get me some more screenshots I just might be able to pull this off

mickle89
July 8, 2005, 10:34 am
www.mslugdb.com

SERIAL KILLeR
July 8, 2005, 10:38 am
You can use my metal slug explosion : http://soldatmods.edgegaming.com/integramod/dload.php?action=file&file_id=148

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 1:57 pm
Hey thanks, I've been looking for another one, I used mikeshindoaphoenix's cause its from metal slug and combined it with one on that page to make this:

[IMAGE]

Also, I have (4?) weapons done. and a marco gostek =)

Get ready to go bananas over it [IMAGE] ;)

EDIT: *GASP* That site you gave me is perfect! I've got millions of ideas! They even have backrounds so I can make maps for it! Would anyone be willing to help me with this little project?

mickle89
July 8, 2005, 2:49 pm
I will perhaps, depends on what part of it.

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 7:36 pm
UPDATE:

[IMAGE]

I have 9 weapons done, including two secondaries. A robotic suit gostek, and a allen gostek. I plan on making a couple more gosteks and finishing up the weapons. What I could use now is sound effects, I've got sound effects for the guns I've made so far but if you have actual sound effets from the game that would be great. I'm also looking for death sounds etc. PM me if you can help with this please.

BTW, is somone working on the interface?

Well, thats all for now. Hopfully the mod will be out in the next couple days.

Off I go to work some more!

[IMAGE]

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 8:17 pm
I am making both Interface and weapons-gfx, which can be a pain. Because no where in the game do you see interface guns, so what I've been doing is taking guns from those animated gifs, peicing them together and then putting them in. But all in all I think its working pretty well.

EXAMPLE:

[IMAGE]

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 8:21 pm
WoW, Those Dual Heavy MG's are soo cool :P I like them ...

vash763
July 8, 2005, 8:30 pm
i would help with maps if thats ok

the m79 should have the huge muzzle blast haha

EDIT: http://enomosiki.zftp.com/main/gallery/spritesheets/tk/Marco%20HW.html
has unanimated shotgun sprites on the right

http://enomosiki.zftp.com/main/gallery/spritesheets/spitfire/erikasamotobybgeiger.html
has a gun near the bottom

http://enomosiki.zftp.com/main/gallery/spritesheets/armymenis12/Jungle_tile.html
oooooo sceneries for a map if i can make one

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 8:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by vash763i would help with maps if thats ok

the m79 should have the huge muzzle blast haha

EDIT: http://enomosiki.zftp.com/main/gallery/spritesheets/tk/Marco%20HW.html
has unanimated shotgun sprites on the right

http://enomosiki.zftp.com/main/gallery/spritesheets/spitfire/erikasamotobybgeiger.html
has a gun near the bottom

http://enomosiki.zftp.com/main/gallery/spritesheets/armymenis12/Jungle_tile.html
oooooo sceneries for a map if i can make one

Thanks, I alredy made all those weaps and everything. Also, the M79 has the same fire file as every gun so I cant make that one :-/

About you helping with maps, that would be awesome, can you map? I think yeah those sceneries would be good for a map, but on that site theres also a backround section Here

I was going to make a train map with the sceneries Here too.

To everyone

I have made all weapons but, AK-74, Shotgun, and Ruger. Now I've used all the guns on that site alredy and had to modify some a little alredy. So I'm realy outa ideas. Any ideas would be very helpfull

So lets Go go go people with those ideas ;)

[IMAGE]

wunderbear
July 8, 2005, 9:30 pm
MY GOD. This is looking to be the BEST mod ever. Metal Slug looks great. Never played it though.

[IMAGE]

^Good Explosion. :D

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 9:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by wunderbearMY GOD. This is looking to be the BEST mod ever. Metal Slug looks great. Never played it though.

[IMAGE]

^Good Explosion. :D

I've never actualy played more than one level too :p I just think it looks awesome. I only have credit for putting the weapons together though, I did'nt draw em from scratch, just so you dont think I did ;) Which you probably did'nt anyway :p

And about the explosion, I alredy have two possibille options you can use

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 9:41 pm
Would u give us screeny of weapons that u have maded for Metal Slug? That exp. is nice :) As wunderbear said.

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 9:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by NookieWould u give us screeny of weapons that u have maded for Metal Slug? That exp. is nice :) As wunderbear said.

I was debating, but then there would be no surprise when I release it ;)

vash763
July 9, 2005, 3:19 am
Ok, I can map kinda, but i cant waypoint.

I could do the train map, and like if you fall off you die? CTF I'll do that. :}

vash763
July 9, 2005, 4:41 am
Nope, cant do it, sory guys

Deleted User
July 9, 2005, 4:45 am
Edit your post, and why cant you do it?

I suppose I'll just do it when I get a chance

Also, still need ideas for those weapons

vash763
July 9, 2005, 5:25 am
No time, i g2g visit some family :(, hah ay i could edit it haha. i guess i didnt really want to either

wunderbear
July 10, 2005, 7:05 pm
cool new sig pic, BM. Do you change it for your different mods?

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 7:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by wunderbearcool new sig pic, BM. Do you change it for your different mods?

Thanks ;) Not usally but this mod has me interested in the graphics of metal slug ;)

Your avi's pretty cool too.

BTW, still need ideas for ruger and AK

wunderbear
July 10, 2005, 8:45 pm
What about a Light Blaster, and a normal Rifle? THey don't have to Rigidly stick to the Metal Slug universe.

skill
July 10, 2005, 9:27 pm
I agree.
A Light-Blaster would be nice.

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 3:42 am
Okay, I got everything but shotgun and ruger done, a shotgun is in the game so I think I'll modify a weapon a little bit for it. And for the ruger I'm still lost :p

And skill, you're not allowed to have animated sigs

N1nj@
July 11, 2005, 3:51 am
I think that explosion wunderbear posted is a lot better...

Zero72
July 11, 2005, 4:39 am
Definitely agree there. To be honest, I think the other one's just plain butt ugly.

Rhombus
July 11, 2005, 9:32 am
The explo has to start from the middle, it wont look good this way, unless you throw it on a flat floor

N1nj@
July 11, 2005, 2:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by RhombusThe explo has to start from the middle, it wont look good this way, unless you throw it on a flat floor
good point =D

but mikeshindoaphoenix's explosion is just a cloud of smoke, it's missing the fire and the orange/red

Zero72
July 11, 2005, 5:21 pm
Oh, by the way, I made bots of Marco and Tarma if you decide you want them in here as a sort of bonus. Just a thought. =P

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 5:48 pm
Oh okay, thanks, go ahead and email em to me. I'll tweak em to use the right weapons etc

HulluMurhari
July 11, 2005, 5:59 pm
my god, think about what would be metal slug, if it has the soldat engine. i mean if it has the original single player maps and all. Think about shooting with shotgun in every direction. Ragdoll animation would crown it all... good luck developing the mod, i didnt carry on in my project couple months ago...

Zero72
July 11, 2005, 6:13 pm
E-mail sent.

wunderbear
July 11, 2005, 6:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by RhombusThe explo has to start from the middle, it wont look good this way, unless you throw it on a flat floor

True. BUT it could be edited so the the explosion is moved up a bit to look like it's originating from the middle. It's just the White Circel flash-thing that makes it look odd.

And as for the ruger, what aboot...

are there any crossbows in Metal Slug? If not, just having a Plain old Rifle would do.

Actually, it wouldn't! DAMN! we need to think of somnething.

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 7:01 pm
Dont worry, amidst the gifs I found this puppy ([IMAGE]) So I made it larger etc and put it in, only one more weapon to go! Then a couple more gosteks, the custom train map and this baby will be done

Heres all the gosteks I plan on making, the first two are done alredy.

1.)[IMAGE]
Marco
2.)[IMAGE]
Allen
3.)[IMAGE]
Ptolemaic foot soldier
4.)[IMAGE]|(The guy that comes out.)
Ptolemaic captain in suit

5.)[IMAGE]
Ptolemaic captain
6.)[IMAGE]
Rebel soldier
7.)[IMAGE]|(Possibly)
Morden
8.)[IMAGE]|(Got some tricks up my sleeve to make this one work ;)
Martian
9.)[IMAGE]| This one will work nicely in zombie matches when Michal comes out with 1.2.2 because of the different gosteks for different teams.
Zombie

I'm also working on some kind of robotic suit
[IMAGE]

wunderbear
July 11, 2005, 7:09 pm
MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Very Good! I want this mod.

(Glad that you found a rifle)

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 7:10 pm
This is gonna be soooo C0000L !! Release soon??? :Q

HulluMurhari
July 11, 2005, 7:11 pm
are you gonna add some songs to it? like replacing necro, gore and blood. mslug2 OST has some good music

wunderbear
July 11, 2005, 7:20 pm
quote:
4.)[IMAGE]|(The guy that comes out.)

What i want to know, is WHY are that Machines legs in THAT position? Was it walking up a wall? Glass?

wierd.

HulluMurhari
July 11, 2005, 7:27 pm
yep, in glass. it was crawling on a scycraper

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 7:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by HulluMurhariare you gonna add some songs to it? like replacing necro, gore and blood. mslug2 OST has some good music

I dont have the equiptment to do that :( But if you do and are willing that would be very nice

And about the release date, proably in a couple days ;)

Rhombus
July 11, 2005, 7:39 pm
ALL HAIL THE FIELD MARSHAL! too bad i'm on holiday starting from wednesday... Oh my what am I saying, FRANCE ROX!!!!onehundredeleven

wunderbear
July 11, 2005, 7:56 pm
HAIL!

yes.

N1nj@
July 11, 2005, 8:09 pm
Field Marshal BM: which explosion did you decide to use?

Fangus Deef
July 11, 2005, 8:31 pm
need ruger?
[IMAGE]

wunderbear
July 11, 2005, 8:40 pm
cool. But it's basically the same as the other. (without a scope.)

Rhombus
July 11, 2005, 8:40 pm
I know a rifle, you cant use it yourself but your enemies can, and I'll look it up right now.

http://metalslug.ohayo-nippon.net/grafika/gifs/przeciwnicy/asdfsghjkl.gif

http://metalslug.ohayo-nippon.net/grafika/gifs/przeciwnicy/62.gif

Or are you using that as the sniper already?
this would be a better replacement for the barret then:
http://metalslug.ohayo-nippon.net/grafika/gifs/przeciwnicy/fghjkmnbvc.gif

EDIT: OH (Please refrain from swearing) ME, I started the reply before field marshall said he had the solution for the ruger, but I started doing other things on ma pc and frogot to click the post reply button o.0

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 8:52 pm
Lol, thats okay. YEah I picked the scoped one for the ruger, and for barret I have the laser Rifle. Just the shotgun left

wunderbear
July 11, 2005, 9:04 pm
Shotgun. Easy.

Or a sort of Flak Cannon?

skill
July 11, 2005, 9:55 pm
w00t
a CRAZY SCIENTIST!!!11onehundred

[IMAGE]

HulluMurhari
July 11, 2005, 10:18 pm
hmmh, well i made some mslug songs to it and xm. but i think i made it wrong... the package size is now 250mb, so i dont think i can send it to you.

if someone handles the converting, please make some good songs for this mod. thx

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 4:25 am
quote:Originally posted by wunderbearShotgun. Easy.

Or a sort of Flak Cannon?

Well I'd love too but I have the deafult machine gun alredy, and two would look t3h ugly, I'll figure somthing out

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 5:49 am
*drools* *orgasims* *<3* Wow This looks amazing so far, just reading it makes me want to d/l.

Messiah
July 12, 2005, 7:07 am
To give you some ideas there are alot of different animated gif's of Explosions, fighters, tanks and what not from all sorts of games in alphabetical order heres the link http://www.mameworld.net/emuadvice/mrips.html

Fangus Deef
July 12, 2005, 8:36 am
ROFL!
[IMAGE]
Michael Teaches the Children how to Eat

Rhombus
July 12, 2005, 11:21 am
hey fangus' beef, I recognize your avatar, its from that snes game isn't it? :p

neway: mslug mod nearly finished, drool

thelizno
July 12, 2005, 11:54 am
quote:Originally posted by HulluMurhariyep, in glass. it was crawling on a scycraper

dum dum dum.. i've got the soundtracks :)
you could supply a .torrent-link with the mod once it's released! :P

wunderbear
July 12, 2005, 7:02 pm
Too big, i think. And it looks as if it's coming from the ground. (Explosions sometimes occur in the air.)

Good Explosion though. BOOM!

N1nj@
July 12, 2005, 7:15 pm
aznbl00d: that explosion is the same thing as this one [IMAGE]

N1nj@
July 12, 2005, 7:26 pm
if you would (Please refrain from swearing)ing read what wunderbear had said, then you would (Please refrain from swearing)ing know

wunderbear
July 12, 2005, 7:35 pm
don't be THAT harsh, spyder.

Although yes, you are a FOOL for not reading what i have said, aznblood.

BUT, if Soldat had a system whereby explosions on the ground could be different from explosions in the air, then that would be a good explosion.

N1nj@
July 12, 2005, 8:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by aznbl00djeez cool it. you have serious anger issues, ninja.
what's your point? Digging up old thread like that? And deleting your post ain't cool either.

wunderbear
July 12, 2005, 8:04 pm
Just delete yourpost Ninj@.

Then i'll delete this one. :)

N1nj@
July 12, 2005, 8:34 pm
Why would I delete my post? He deleted his to hide his stupidity and I ain't gonna delete mine cause I am not gonna hide the fact that he can't read before he post.

and you can do whatever you want, i dont really care if you gonna delete that one or not.

wunderbear
July 12, 2005, 8:44 pm
ah, forget it. Let's concentrate on THe mod:

Field Marshal, Do the other robotic suit! The one that the Rebellion uses! THat's cooler, and besides, you have a side view of that.

N1nj@
July 12, 2005, 8:56 pm
aznbl00d: Wow, you are such a hypocrite, you said u agreed with wunderbear that we should concentrate on the mod, but yet you still post a little comment about me. Yes I am a jerk on that thread, I admits it and i am not gonna delete my posts and try to hide it like you did.

wunderbear
July 12, 2005, 9:01 pm
Lets put a stop to this:

You are both fools. Ninj@, you are getting too angry; Aznblood, stop acting like you are right all the time.

There we go. Better?

skill
July 12, 2005, 9:09 pm
How come this ninja guy isnt banned?
He is raged like a retard, sorry to say :s

Rhombus
July 12, 2005, 9:16 pm
Yeah, both you girlies shut up! concentrate on the mod ffs. If you wanna bash eachothers heads in, go to the friggin bash pit, or ask for eachothers addresses and well... use your imagination ;). By the way, I think the robotic suit that FMBS (sorry, I couldn't just not make fun of your name) posted is better, seeing as you see the soldat's chest from the front.

wunderbear
July 12, 2005, 9:36 pm
from the front? eh?

N1nj@
July 12, 2005, 9:42 pm
Check that link out, it's a review of each metal slug versions, it also has all the weapons posted for each version

http://www.neogeoforlife.com/neo_reviews/metal_slug.php

wunderbear
July 12, 2005, 9:53 pm
Nice! Good job N1nj@! :D

Are you changing the Grenades Field Marshal? Please do!

[IMAGE]

EDIT:

Us it! Use it!

[IMAGE]

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 9:56 pm
Guys guys, stop fighting, please.

@ninja: Yeah, I know all the weapons, its just what they lookl like. But it does'nt matter now, I've only got one left and I have an idea for it.

On the subject of the robotic suit, I'm sticking with the one I have because I cant make the other one. The rebel suit is a box, and I cant make a box because the head moves seperate. So what I have so far is a robotic suit that replaces the legs and waist. So its like somthing for the lower side, that way you can put it on whichever charecter you want. Marco, allen etc and theyre chest arms and head will still show.

EDIT: Yeah, alredy changed the nades and interface pic of nades

wunderbear
July 12, 2005, 9:58 pm
ah, ok then.

*darn*

reckon
July 13, 2005, 1:39 am
Ooh man, ive been an avid fan and player of Metal Slug, I hope you do a good job Field, I bet you will.
For all of the game boy advanced/sp owners, Metal Slug 1 is coming out soon.

Zero72
July 13, 2005, 8:34 am
FMBM, since you don't seem to have gotten my e-mail, if you still want the bots, just follow my sig to my bot pack -- they're in there.

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 12:07 pm
Hmm , this looks very promising ^^
Good luck Marshal.
And ...Is Metal Slug freeware ???

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 12:48 pm
Its freeware, i think so... :\

HulluMurhari
July 13, 2005, 12:53 pm
well.. the metal slug was originally made for neogeo arcade machines. Some people made emulators and converted roms from it, and relesed them on net. I dont know about the legalitity of it, because the idea was to make some profit with the machines. metal Slug has been released on PS1, PS2, XBOX, and gba.

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 2:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zero72FMBM, since you don't seem to have gotten my e-mail, if you still want the bots, just follow my sig to my bot pack -- they're in there.

Woops, I'm sorry, I forgot to PM you and tell you I never got your email. So I'll just get the bots in your sig like you said.

About metal slug being free: I'm almost posative its legal because it would'nt be that easy to get it if it was'nt. Trust me :p

Zero72
July 13, 2005, 7:06 pm
I would call it justifiably illegal, but that's just me. =P

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 7:36 pm
Hey !
So , If u know a Link [URL] and if it's legal please PM me or just write it here.
Metal Slug is totaly cool , it have 100% nice move rendering , and It's 2D [what I love] and It is very nice made. I love that smooth move of everything what is in it. :)

Btw: when u release this mode ? What u must do to make it ? Gosteks and some weps ???

HulluMurhari
July 13, 2005, 8:46 pm
I have been working with the music all day long, and i just cant convert them to .xm, and .it unless the size is bigger than 5mb for a 1 file. Three song + soldat = too much.

if i go under that 5mb the quality will change a lot, or the converter cannot read the .wav file.

is anyone ok with that the Mslug-soldat would be about 20mb ? especially you fm bm?

another choice could be that the music can be downloaded separately.

Hoodlum
July 13, 2005, 8:57 pm
It looks pretty good.

waterman
July 13, 2005, 9:36 pm
so when will it come out???very nice, i love metal slug

waterman
July 13, 2005, 9:37 pm
oh yeah, and you can sownload the neo-geo emulator and the metal slug roms...i have them all....downloaded them along time ago

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 4:45 am
UPDATE
[IMAGE]

I've completed all the weapons, including, SFX, weapons-gfx, and interface pics. All thats left now is the train map and the gosteks =)

System_Decay
July 14, 2005, 4:55 am
Can't wait for MM to make that update so we can have the opposite team be those Metal Slug Germans :P

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 7:47 am
Yea ! Cool.
But I'd like those music...
Damn why they are so large ? [20Mb] Coz In most of mods [90%] aren't modded musics :Anyway it will be cool mod.

Zero72
July 14, 2005, 8:46 am
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMUPDATE
[IMAGE]You threads are always so interesting to read. You put so much effort into presentation. It's cool.

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 2:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zero72quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMUPDATE
[IMAGE]You threads are always so interesting to read. You put so much effort into presentation. It's cool.

Yea I agree.

btw, could some1 give me a link ??? ^_^

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 2:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zero72quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMUPDATE

Thanks [IMAGE]

I do put alot of effort in, in the hopes that people will read And also, nobobdy wants to read a bland post [IMAGE]

Somtimes though in the mod release people still wont read, It can be quite annoying [IMAGE]

Glad to see some people notice and enjoy it =)

EDIT:

quote:Yea I agree.

To what? I'm confused [IMAGE]

HulluMurhari
July 14, 2005, 2:32 pm
Ok, i have finished now with the music. I have edited them loopable, tried to make them small sized with good sound quality.

Well.. the looping didnt work as planned, and bloody.xm is buggy. so i couldnt convert wav to xm properly.

The size for all songs together is only 6 MB

should i email them to you, or do i put them to FTP

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 2:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by HulluMurhariOk, i have finished now with the music. I have edited them loopable, tried to make them small sized with good sound quality.

Well.. the looping didnt work as planned, and bloody.xm is buggy. so i couldnt convert wav to xm properly.

The size for all songs together is only 6 MB

should i email them to you, or do i put them to FTP

Sorry I'm not to knowledgeable with music :p whats FTP? Oh, BTW, do you think it would be possible to get the sounds of a train moving? Cause that would be cool to be playing on the train map and hear sounds like its moving :p

waterman
July 14, 2005, 7:17 pm
it will sure be great!

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 8:17 am

quote:Yea I agree.

To what? I'm confused [IMAGE]
[/quote]

I ment link to free-download to Metal Slug.
Or some1 could send it to me by mail , just PM me :D

N1nj@
July 15, 2005, 2:14 pm
Dairy: read this -> http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=25295

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 5:49 pm
Ok, im on it.

EDit: Thanks a lot, not I will not infect your topic Marshal.

STEELIX
July 15, 2005, 8:00 pm
Oooh. I downloaded metal slug terday, and beat it with my lil' bro. Cool stuff, this'll be...
How are you planning to make those gosteks? I'd wager it to be hell getting sufficient detail in those small-arse soldat gosteks...

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 8:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by STEELIXOooh. I downloaded metal slug terday, and beat it with my lil' bro. Cool stuff, this'll be...
How are you planning to make those gosteks? I'd wager it to be hell getting sufficient detail in those small-arse soldat gosteks...

*Cough* A little bit like that I suppose ;)

mickle89
July 16, 2005, 5:01 am
Well here's my comment Field Marshal: Great job so far - any screenies/release date?

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 5:21 am
Well, all weapons are done, and I have like 6 gosteks to make. So release date will hopfully be next week, I have a pic of the [IMAGE]

Zero72
July 16, 2005, 5:26 am
I think they should just be called Dual Machine Guns, not Dual HMG's. They're only submachine guns anyway.

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 5:33 am
Well when you get the pick up it says "heavy machine guns"

Zero72
July 16, 2005, 5:34 am
I was pretty sure I heard "Dual Machine Guns" or possibly "Two Machine Guns."

waterman
July 16, 2005, 1:48 pm
only in metal slug 5 i think you have dual sub-machines guns.like uzi's opr something

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 1:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by watermanonly in metal slug 5 i think you have dual sub-machines guns.like uzi's opr something

Nope, I've had em in Metal Slug 4. That is if you're talking about these [IMAGE]

STEELIX
July 16, 2005, 5:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMquote:Originally posted by STEELIXOooh. I downloaded metal slug terday, and beat it with my lil' bro. Cool stuff, this'll be...

Yes. Exactly, insufficient detail.
Though, I guess, it's better than nothing.
Continue.. ;)

waterman
July 16, 2005, 7:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMquote:Originally posted by watermanonly in metal slug 5 i think you have dual sub-machines guns.like uzi's opr something

Nope, I've had em in Metal Slug 4. That is if you're talking about these [IMAGE]

yeah, i was talkingabout those ;)

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 7:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by STEELIXquote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMquote:Originally posted by STEELIXOooh. I downloaded metal slug terday, and beat it with my lil' bro. Cool stuff, this'll be...

Yes. Exactly, insufficient detail.
Though, I guess, it's better than nothing.
Continue.. ;)

Wait, you're saying my gosteks dont look good?

@waterman: Ah, I see, yeah I've had em in 4 before.

STEELIX
July 17, 2005, 10:57 am
Naw, just sayin' in my opinion, soldat's gosteks can't be altered enough to create detail. Yours are the best I've seen so far, though.
Sorry, I'll just shut my mouth from now on. =D

wunderbear
July 17, 2005, 7:15 pm
could you show some (more) preview piccies please, Field Marshal?

Deleted User
July 18, 2005, 2:29 pm
When its ready? I want it, i want it! :|

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 12:42 am

UPDATE:
[IMAGE]

Done list:

Weapons:

I have gone back and reshaded alot of the weapons because I was not happy with them. So now the weapons are realy completely done, and I have and extra weapon for the MP5.

Gosteks:

I have completed 7 Gosteks. They are as follows.

1. Marco
[IMAGE]

2. Trevor
[IMAGE]

3. Allen
[IMAGE]

4. Ptolemaic Foot soldier
[IMAGE]

5. Ptolemaic Captain In suit
[IMAGE]

6. Martian
[IMAGE]

7. Robotic Suit
[IMAGE]

To Do list:

Weapons:

None.

Gosteks:

1. Ptolemaic Captain
[IMAGE]

2. Rebel Soldier
[IMAGE]

3. Zombie
[IMAGE]

-=_____________________=-

Besides the things mentioned I'd like to make that Custom map and then I should be ready for release.
Well That about does it for the update, keep checking back for more.

Field Marshal BM

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 12:54 am
Are those actually what the gosteks look like, or are you not spoiling the surprise?

And, I think you should add the zombie rebel as a gostek. He's my favorite.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 19, 2005, 3:22 am
lol, what do you think?

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 12:02 pm
Wishful thinking.

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 4:56 pm
Lol, yes it is wishful thinking. I am happy about the way they're coming though. About the zombie, that would be fine then if I made the rebel zombie. All I'd have to do then is include a zombie bot that uses the rebel gostek I'm gunna make and make his skin blue. And I also have the other Ptolemaic captain done. So I guess that means I only have one more gostek and the map before release! Hoozah!

SERIAL KILLeR
July 19, 2005, 5:00 pm
There's an small metal slug map on soldat.eu.org : http://members.lycos.co.uk/mapy/mapy_en.php (metal_slug_submarine.zip)

wunderbear
July 19, 2005, 7:28 pm
ok map. The only problem i can see with these maps, is the fact that the scenery is so SMALL. It's evident on this map:

[IMAGE]

The empty space at the top, bottom and sides. (The best colour would have been black, not grey)

How are you solving this problem, Field Marshal?

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 12:33 am
quote:Originally posted by wunderbearok map. The only problem i can see with these maps, is the fact that the scenery is so SMALL. It's evident on this map:

[IMAGE]

The empty space at the top, bottom and sides. (The best colour would have been black, not grey)

How are you solving this problem, Field Marshal?

The only way I can see to do it is make a black border like that. Either that or have mountain type scenery or somthing and then have the backround color the same blue as the scenery.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 20, 2005, 2:13 pm
Yeah, I've tried to make a few metal slug mods, but its so hard to find those blank background shots. And when you find one, it won't fit in as a map. Good luck, because if you can find one that works, it will be the best soldat map ever.

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 3:35 pm
Go to that site suggested on the first page. They have hundreds of backrounds. In the "Bqckrounds" section

Zero72
July 20, 2005, 7:25 pm
If you have an emulator, it should somewhere allow you to disable the sprites layer, leaving the blank background.

HulluMurhari
July 20, 2005, 7:42 pm
field masrhal, check your private messages and email.

i got the music ready

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 8:42 pm
Alredy downloaded it, sorry did'nt think to PM you back. I'll give people the link to that music. But I doubt people will wanna download 25 megs :( If you have cable it would be fine. It only took me like 1 minute to download it. But Dial up users will be a little different :p

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 20, 2005, 8:51 pm
I get the feeling that this mod will be very, very good...

peemonkey
July 20, 2005, 9:03 pm
not til i see a screeny.

Deleted User
July 20, 2005, 10:42 pm
Whoa! Nice work!
I wanna see those lil cute gosteks ^.^

Deleted User
July 21, 2005, 12:52 am
Seconded

reckon
July 21, 2005, 6:28 am
There shall be no screenie!
That would only take away from its beauty.

Da cHeeSeMaN
July 21, 2005, 1:44 pm
i hope this mod looks as great as it sounds

wunderbear
July 21, 2005, 6:24 pm
Well I hope it sounds as look as it grates.

Wait...

waterman
July 22, 2005, 1:05 pm
yeah...i can't wait.how about making a gostek of the arab soldier?or the mummies?or any others...hehe

Deleted User
July 23, 2005, 4:15 pm

UPDATE:
[IMAGE]

Done list:

Weapons:

I went back (Again) and resahded some of the weaps (that I still was'nt happy with :p). I also have and extra weapon for the MP5, and the m79.

Gosteks:

I have completed 10 Gosteks. They are as follows.

1. Marco
[IMAGE]

2. Marco Zombie
[IMAGE]

3. Trevor
[IMAGE]

4. Trevor Zombie
[IMAGE]

5. Allen
[IMAGE]

6. Ptolemaic Foot soldier
[IMAGE]

7. Ptolemaic Captain In suit
[IMAGE]

8. Ptolemaic Captain
[IMAGE]

9. Martian
[IMAGE]

10. Robotic Suit
[IMAGE]

To Do list:

Weapons:

None.

Gosteks:

1. Rebel Soldier
[IMAGE]

2. Zombie
[IMAGE]

I have completed one Custom map and would like to make one more. Then I should be ready for release.

Field Marshal BM

Deleted User
July 23, 2005, 4:23 pm
Good job! Does that mean all the weapons are complete?

wunderbear
July 23, 2005, 5:58 pm
My God. This is so close to completion. ARGH!

Deleted User
July 25, 2005, 2:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by KamikaziCowGood job! Does that mean all the weapons are complete?

That is correct. Just a map and a few gosteks left =)

wunderbear
July 26, 2005, 7:21 pm
*shakes violently*

So... CLOSE...

Zero72
July 26, 2005, 7:27 pm
Don't turn this into another Mecha Soldat thread. Repeatedly bumping the thread with things like "RULEESZ MOD PLZ" aren't going to make it go any faster. =P

Deleted User
July 26, 2005, 7:43 pm
RULEESZ MOD PLZ

wunderbear
July 26, 2005, 9:16 pm
ok then. So what's the map like?

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 27, 2005, 12:15 am
Heh, wouldn't it be funny if this mod turns out to be horrible?

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 12:38 am
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixHeh, wouldn't it be funny if this mod turns out to be horrible?

No.

And the map is going to be a train using those scenery's.

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 12:47 am
I hope you're better at mapmaking now, because, no offence, but the map in your Special Operations Mod was kind of... yeah.

numgun
July 27, 2005, 1:34 pm
may i try doing a map 4 t3h mod? i´ve a lot backgrounds on my comp and scenerys too ; )

-EDIT- any1 know when mecha mod 2.0 will be released? or did ivan just... throw it away?

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 10:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixHeh, wouldn't it be funny if this mod turns out to be horrible?

Like urs ? No please...

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 29, 2005, 3:17 am
oh my

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 4:33 am
quote:Originally posted by Dairyquote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixHeh, wouldn't it be funny if this mod turns out to be horrible?

Like urs ? No please...

Ppft. Replacement Killers was rather nice, FYI, and how can you judge this? Have you seen preview images?

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 29, 2005, 5:16 am
Exactly.

Zero72
July 29, 2005, 9:04 am
I don't supposed you've made both versions of the regular old pistol so they can be swapped? I like the revolver better. =P

wunderbear
July 29, 2005, 2:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMquote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixHeh, wouldn't it be funny if this mod turns out to be horrible?

No.

Interesting.

Also, you've changed your sig. Is this a sign that you've:

Lost interest in the Mod
Finished the Mod
Concentrating on the WW2 Mod
Lost interest in the sig.

I'm intrigued.

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 5:52 pm
Dairy dont bash mike, he's only being sceptic, I cant realy blame him, I hav'nt realy showed any screens for fear of spoiling it. And about the pistols, I have replaced the desert eagles with the regular pistol and the colt has been replaced with this:[[IMAGE]] The reason being, I could'nt get a realy good pic of the pistol, When I tried to peice it together it looked realy bad. It took me awhile to get the eagles looking good.

quote:Originally posted by wunderbearquote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMquote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixHeh, wouldn't it be funny if this mod turns out to be horrible?

No.

Interesting.

Also, you've changed your sig. Is this a sign that you've:

Lost interest in the Mod
Finished the Mod
Concentrating on the WW2 Mod
Lost interest in the sig.

I'm intrigued.

Lol, I have not lost interest in the mod, and it is not complete, I have lost a little bit of interest in the sig and also gained some interest back from WW2 because I've been playing CoD again. I also just like to rotate my sigs cause I s[pend so much time on em ;) So dont worry about the changing of sigs anymore.

As the mod stands, I have one gostek (the rebel) and one map (the train one). Then I'll just replace the skin color of the rebel zombie with the zombie gosteks I've made so far. I may just release after making the rebel and rebel zombie gosteks and add the other map a little bit later.

Picture Key

2.) Updated Dual Machine guns.
3.) Ptolemaic Heavy machine gun.
Chainsaw

wunderbear
July 29, 2005, 6:26 pm
Nice chainsaw!

What weapon will it replace?

N1nj@
July 29, 2005, 7:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by wunderbearNice chainsaw!

obviously the chainsaw, nice spam.

HulluMurhari
July 29, 2005, 7:16 pm
ehmm, the chainsaw maybe?

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 7:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by wunderbearNice chainsaw!

I'm hoping that was a joke :p

So what do you think of the other two?

wunderbear
July 29, 2005, 7:42 pm
Very good. Detailed, with good shading. They look like i imagine the ingame ones (Metal Slug) would look.

And yes. It was a joke. But apparently, some people wouldn't know a joke if it bit them on the bum.

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 7:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by wunderbearVery good. Detailed, with good shading. They look like i imagine the ingame ones (Metal Slug) would look.

And yes. It was a joke. But apparently, some people wouldn't know a joke if it bit them on the bum.

Thanks, So you're happy with them then, good.

And yeah I know, I was just teasin

Zero72
July 29, 2005, 8:19 pm
Looks awesome.

Make sure you make the rebel soldier gostek white so we can make it whatever color. There were several colors in the games, after all. =P

Deleted User
July 31, 2005, 1:16 pm
Agreed.

reckon
July 31, 2005, 6:11 pm
Yeah I hope you do your gosteks in a gray scale this time, cause if not they are hard to color and tell apart in many ctf games.

waterman
August 3, 2005, 1:37 pm
soo...when's it coming?

N1nj@
August 3, 2005, 2:33 pm
It will come out when it's ready.

Deleted User
August 3, 2005, 3:25 pm
When it is complete and captures the essence of Metal Slug in a glorious violent-filled masterpiece. XD

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 3:04 pm
Wooow. Nice guns.I like that chainsaw. Awesome work.

@MikeShinoda: ok ok , just...sorry U_U' but ur last project was lil weird. 3 guns and 2 of them was RIPED-OFF.
I just don't like things like that...

Deleted User
August 4, 2005, 10:10 pm
this mod looks really great. i hope it will be released in a few days. maybe it will come out the same day as the new version. now wouldnt that be cool.

_Mancer_
August 4, 2005, 10:41 pm
BM field marshal, if its too late, I can help you on the maps or I can make an interface.. or something.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 4, 2005, 11:23 pm
how were they ripped off lol?

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 12:22 am
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_BM field marshal, if its too late, I can help you on the maps or I can make an interface.. or something.

That would be great, could you make the train map? And a interface would be great also. PM me if so, I can get you the sceneries and layout i'd like etc.

@Mike: The minigun in TRK is the same minigun from one of the animated gifs, and so is the back of the chainsaw, etc. Not that I'm saying you cant do that, I was just pointing it out.

Darkfist007
August 5, 2005, 2:46 am
Very killer indeed. Im looking forward it it. ^_^

zoldat
August 6, 2005, 3:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@It will come out when it's ready.

allways hostile

N1nj@
August 6, 2005, 3:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by zoldatquote:Originally posted by N1nj@It will come out when it's ready.

allways hostile
and wtf are you going to do about it?

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 3:54 pm
Erm, why are you two always at eachothers throats?

@Mancer: I got your PM, I just hav'nt had time to get on MSN so i'm not blowing you off. I will try and get on today, probably in the afternooon.

zoldat
August 6, 2005, 10:20 pm
STFU Field Marshal BM WE are fighting here (just joking)

and N1nj@ just because u have benn here a loong time dosent mean that u can be meen to everybody els, so STFU if u dont have anything nice to say

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 11:05 pm
Way to be constructive, why are you always so negative? Yes I got thr guns from there, but I said that I got them from there. I also said that I had to reconstruct ALOT of the weapons though. Otherwise they'd look like garbage. The ptolemaic machine gun and chainsaw were made by me using MS colors. So its not like i just took a print screen and put it in. If you're gunn post somthing usless like that again then dont post at all, for everyones sake.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 11:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by aznbl00dI believe you on the chainsaw, but look:

Yours:

[IMAGE]

Ripped straight from a sprite:

[IMAGE]

You realy did'nt even read what I said did you? I said I got most of the gun from it, But the back of the MG's and the Ptolemaic MG were'nt there for me to copy.

EDIT: quote:Okay, so you ripped and modified it. =/ still not that much effort there.

About 5 hours work for all the guns actualy, mr "I know everything", Its hard work to reconstruct all those guns.

I mean realy, whats the point of coming in a thread and posting if you have nothing meaningfull to say? And its not just here, your general attitude on the forums stinks. I suggest you fix that. People all over are talking about banning you. Thats not exactly a good rep.

I'm not gunna say anymore, my point has been made and to argue on would be immature. So I wont be replying to anymore of you're messages (if you post any).

EDIT2:

This will be the only issue I'm addressing. To you're edit about advertising. I never said anything about you advertising, and me using my mod for referance has nothing to do with this topic. We are talking about taking pics from animated gifs which I Specificly said I was going to do in the first place. Which the people who posted after did not mind. So stop trying to bring seperate issues into this. I have alredy adressed your origional point, and obviously I answered it adiquitly, seeing as you felt the need to bring a completely seperate issue into this just to make me look bad. So I suggest you stop now before I have to report you to styx. I dont expect a reply back. And if you dont reply back you wont be thought of as lower or a wimp, but quite the opposite as a mature forumer who knows when to stop.

N1nj@
August 8, 2005, 11:27 pm
Ya, aznbl00d sucks massive cock.

Anyway, for this mod to look good, he has to rip it from the game. If he tries to make his own, it wouldn't be metal slug. So I have no problem with him ripping images from the game for this specific mod.

PS: Field Marshal BM, try to rip the stuff from the game as much as you can please. And I am really appreciating your hard work putting it all together. Gj, can't wait for release.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 11:30 pm
I never said ripping wasn't allowed, or he shouldn't do it. But, as for the fact, shouldn't he at least admit he did it? If I suck cock, what does that make you?

EDIT: I brought that issue up because you were talking about my attitude, when advertising doesn't make yours any better.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 11:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by aznbl00dI never said ripping wasn't allowed, or he shouldn't do it. But, as for the fact, shouldn't he at least admit he did it?

quote:Origionaly posted by me on the first page in plane sight for all to see

I am making both Interface and weapons-gfx, which can be a pain. Because no where in the game do you see interface guns, so what I've been doing is taking guns from those animated gifs, peicing them together and then putting them in. But all in all I think its working pretty well.

Point taken?

Now, back on subject. My computer is experiencing technical difficulties, so im working out of my bros right now (so you can all give him a big thanks ;) )

@mancer: As soon as I get my comp back up i'll talk to you on msn and get that map together.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 3:08 am
As soon as this is done, notify me. I must play it.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 3:10 am
Edit: I didn't notice that there was more pages :}

sorry for double post

zoldat
August 9, 2005, 6:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@Ya, aznbl00d sucks massive cock.

seriusly wtf is that for a thing to say?

Pixofied
August 9, 2005, 9:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by zoldatquote:Originally posted by N1nj@Ya, aznbl00d sucks massive cock.

It made me laugh... If nobody else laughed at it, am I the only one with a sence of humor? (besides N1nj@)

Looking forward to this mod, will there be a configurater? Need anything sprited, I can help. :)

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 7:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by Pixofiedquote:Originally posted by zoldatquote:Originally posted by N1nj@Ya, aznbl00d sucks massive cock.

It made me laugh... If nobody else laughed at it, am I the only one with a sence of humor? (besides N1nj@)

Looking forward to this mod, will there be a configurater? Need anything sprited, I can help. :)

there is no need for a configurator. Execpt maybe for the gosteks. Besides that i only have two extra weaps. And what do you mean sprited?

UPDATE:
[IMAGE]

Done list:

Weapons:

All weapons have been completed and have new weapon stats for the Weapons.ini.

Gosteks:

I have completed all the Gosteks. They are as follows.

1. Marco
[IMAGE]

2. Marco Zombie
[IMAGE]

3. Trevor
[IMAGE]

4. Trevor Zombie
[IMAGE]

5. Allen
[IMAGE]

6. Ptolemaic Foot soldier
[IMAGE]

7. Ptolemaic Captain In suit
[IMAGE]

8. Ptolemaic Captain
[IMAGE]

9. Martian
[IMAGE]

11. Rebel Soldier
[IMAGE]

12. Zombie
[IMAGE]

10. Robotic Suit
[IMAGE]

To Do list:

Weapons:

None.

Gosteks:

None.

Maps:

One train map.

Interface:

Entire interface, being done by _Mancer_

All is finished execpt the interface, and one custom map. Thanks all for their interest and support.

Field Marshal BM

Zero72
August 10, 2005, 8:24 pm
Stupid Trevor. =P Tarma's way better.

What differences are there between the Marco and Trevor gosteks besides the hair? Couldn't you just mod hairstyles?

N1nj@
August 10, 2005, 8:31 pm
Did u use the muzzle flash from the game?

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 9:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@Did u use the muzzle flash from the game?

I dont quite know what you mean by that.

And zero, I had to make ones chest blue etc and the hair.

wunderbear
August 10, 2005, 9:54 pm
YES! IT'S SO CLOSE!

The interface and map sounds cool. will the interface use the font from the game?

Zero72
August 10, 2005, 10:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMAnd zero, I had to make ones chest blue etc and the hair.
Not grayscale?

Excitement - - -

It completely eludes me as to why you would NOT make nearly every gostek grayscale.

Pixofied
August 10, 2005, 10:33 pm
Sounds? Theres no mention of that in the update...

By sprited, I meant drawn/animated. See my Av, like that. (example) But you just have the interface to do, unless Mancer wants some help?

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 10:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by PixofiedSounds? Theres no mention of that in the update...

By sprited, I meant drawn/animated. See my Av, like that. (example) But you just have the interface to do, unless Mancer wants some help?

Dunno, ask him.

And zero, I dont make them grayscale because they look so much nicer when you do white/white and they're fully detailed.

And about the sounds, I have weapon sounds that I scavanged off my hardrive. But thats pretty much it. I'm going to put a link to the music download seperate cause its so big.

Pixofied
August 11, 2005, 10:21 am
Well, he can't realy. The guns arn't going to be that big while hes running around. Unless you just create a new one, with the same colors but smaller, those would look out of place in the game...

mickle89
August 11, 2005, 12:09 pm
NICE JOB FM BM. Can't wait till it's out. What a great idea of mine this was :p.

wunderbear
August 11, 2005, 6:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMquote:Originally posted by PixofiedSounds? Theres no mention of that in the update...

Dunno, ask him.

And zero, I dont make them grayscale because they look so much nicer when you do white/white and they're fully detailed.

And about the sounds, I have weapon sounds that I scavanged off my hardrive. But thats pretty much it. I'm going to put a link to the music download seperate cause its so big.

Problem with doing them pre-coloured is, that when you go online, people see you in arctic camo. And besides, my character uses custom colours. You're saying that in order to play this mod at it's best, i'm going to have to remove the colours? Then put them back when i'm not? YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

DO THEM GREYSCALE!!!

Please.

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 8:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by wunderbearquote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMquote:Originally posted by PixofiedSounds? Theres no mention of that in the update...

Dunno, ask him.

Problem with doing them pre-coloured is, that when you go online, people see you in arctic camo. And besides, my character uses custom colours. You're saying that in order to play this mod at it's best, i'm going to have to remove the colours? Then put them back when i'm not? YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

DO THEM GREYSCALE!!!

Please.

Why on earth are you people so picky about not being white?? Its no big deal, who cares what you look like to other people :p Anyway thats my stance. Its realy hard to do them grayscale because they end up looking like normal soldats if you do, and to get them not to isa nightmare. You can make your charecter a light or dark gray too you know, and also red or darker colors, it just might not turn up as well.

About the muzzle flashes, ah I see what you mean, I've kinda mixed the ones from the game and redrawn ones.

And thanks for the compliments mickle, i was wondering where you went ;) Oh and, I was actualy going to do a MS mod before this topic even came out, this topic just got me properly motivated ;)

wunderbear
August 11, 2005, 8:28 pm
*sigh* okay. You are the lamighty modder, after all.

*grumbles quietly*

BTW, when this is done, will you ever start taking up gostek requests? Just wondering, as my pixel art "skillz" are hopeless. Like a retarded deer flailing hopelessly at the mouse.

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 9:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by wunderbear*sigh* okay. You are the lamighty modder, after all.

*grumbles quietly*

BTW, when this is done, will you ever start taking up gostek requests? Just wondering, as my pixel art "skillz" are hopeless. Like a retarded deer flailing hopelessly at the mouse.

Dont treat me like a god please, I'm just an ordinary guy who likes to mod soldat and share it with the comunity, call me skilled if you want but no hero worship :p

And yes I will be taking gostek requests soon, probably starting next month somtime. It just gets a little tiring so I wanted a break.

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 9:26 pm
ok, I dont want to go thru 10 pages, whats happening here?

wunderbear
August 12, 2005, 9:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMquote:Originally posted by wunderbear*sigh* okay. You are the lamighty modder, after all.

*grumbles quietly*

Dont treat me like a god please, I'm just an ordinary guy who likes to mod soldat and share it with the comunity, call me skilled if you want but no hero worship :p

And yes I will be taking gostek requests soon, probably starting next month somtime. It just gets a little tiring so I wanted a break.

But you're still very, VERY good.

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 9:40 pm
Hmm looks like u made a much of gosteks work. Will u post them in your GOSTEK THREAT?

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 9:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by DairyHmm looks like u made a much of gosteks work. Will u post them in your GOSTEK THREAT?

You mean thread? And no, I'll post them in the thread im going to make for this mod when its done.

@wunderbear: Thats fine, just no hero worship ;) Anyhoo, it was 11 pages before, what happened? Its only ten now

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 9:50 pm
Hell fast response. Ah ...why not ?

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 9:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by DairyHell fast response. Ah ...why not ?

Because my Gostek suggestion thread is onlt for gosteks that have been requiested and made. All my others I make official threads for, I.E my sig.

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 10:14 pm
I like the MOD, cant wait to try out.

I love the zombie gosteks ;).

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 4:43 pm
How could you love it if you hav'nt even seen the gosteks? :p

Anyhoo, my computer power supply is toast so we ordered a new one last week and it still has'nt gotten here. Hopfully it will ome today, or tomorow, if not then, then probably monday. So if any of you are wondering why I hav'nt been posting its because I have no computer :p And needles to say, no progress has been made on the mod as of yet :p

So thanks all for your patience and not spamming and getting this thread locked :p See ya'll when meh powa supplie gets heer!

reckon
August 19, 2005, 6:30 pm
He probably confused what was shown in the done list with the actual gostek.

SPARTAN_III
August 20, 2005, 3:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMHow could you love it if you hav'nt even seen the gosteks? :p

Anyhoo, my computer power supply is toast so we ordered a new one last week and it still has'nt gotten here. Hopfully it will ome today, or tomorow, if not then, then probably monday. So if any of you are wondering why I hav'nt been posting its because I have no computer :p And needles to say, no progress has been made on the mod as of yet :p

So thanks all for your patience and not spamming and getting this thread locked :p See ya'll when meh powa supplie gets heer!

umm...how'd you post that :P

looks like its gonna be a good mod, but i'm not too fond of metal slug the game.

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 5:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIquote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMHow could you love it if you hav'nt even seen the gosteks? :p

umm...how'd you post that :P

looks like its gonna be a good mod, but i'm not too fond of metal slug the game.

I'm using my bro's laptop which he so kindly let me use, so give a huzzah to him ;)

numgun
August 20, 2005, 5:24 pm
is it still developing? (the mod)
whats missing?

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 5:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by numgunis it still developing? (the mod)
whats missing?

Well as I said I dont have the mod on this computer so I cant work on anything. But all thats left is the interface thats being done by mancer and one more custom map (that I may add after release somtime)

wunderbear
August 20, 2005, 7:01 pm
Well, i hope you receive your power supply as soon as possible.

Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 11:28 pm
Huzzah! and much rejoicing! :p My supply came today, work shall now resume. Now I need to get in contact with mancer and see how that interface is coming (if it all :p)

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 23, 2005, 2:33 am
I could make an interface also, if you would like. I can't wait to see what the maps look like.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 3:14 am
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixI could make an interface also, if you would like. I can't wait to see what the maps look like.

Go ahead, I just learned mancer did'nt get to cause his comp wont run photoshop.

wunderbear
August 29, 2005, 8:18 pm
oooh, didn't he check before saying that?

August 30, 2005, 5:26 am
How about Spartan III? hes pretty good at interfaces.

SPARTAN_III
August 30, 2005, 3:47 pm
^^ and here i am. give us a screenie, i'll see what i can do.

however, my talents are limited to unregistered interfaces

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 3:52 pm
I'll try and get a screen shot up soon. Thanks for helping, mikeshindoa said hes gunnam ake one too but i dunno if he can get to it or w/e

reckon
August 30, 2005, 5:21 pm
How bout a screen shot only when its available to download, cause teasing us isnt nice.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 30, 2005, 9:15 pm
I have gotten the idea of what I want to do with it. I will probably get it done in the next day or two.

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 10:41 pm
Okay, it has to be for unregged users though

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 30, 2005, 11:14 pm
I will probably make a reg and an unreg if that is alright. The only bad thing is that in metal slug, the main part of the interface is in the top left. You cant do that with soldat because the chat will get in the way of it. I will just make the interface in the bottom left corner, and make it look like the original metal slug one.

SPARTAN_III
August 31, 2005, 5:35 pm
how bout you do the reg version and i do the unregistered one?

N1nj@
August 31, 2005, 11:17 pm
how about just get this damn thing released. It has been like a month, I am tired of waiting. =(

Deleted User
September 1, 2005, 1:02 am
Grrrrrrrrrrr......... i just scrolled through all these download links and its still not done darn......

Da cHeeSeMaN
September 1, 2005, 9:46 am
lol

MikeShinoda.pheonix
September 2, 2005, 3:15 am
I am having a hard time finding time between school and work to get the interface done. It's just kinda low on my list of priorities :( Maybe Spartan could just make an unregged so FM can release the mod.

September 2, 2005, 4:49 am
Spartan's leavin on september 11th, so you guys would have a problem contacting him...

TO Teh Intafarce m0b1l3 11!!!one!11!!111111111

*cue triumphant music*

SPARTAN_III
September 2, 2005, 10:53 am
quote:Originally posted by 117...leavin on september 11th...

yeah, the plane i'm on is gonna smash into another tower. if i survive the crash i'll try making the interface.

September 2, 2005, 11:31 am
Potato munchkin manz...

FMBM, i desperately need this mod, or i'll die. Can;t you see my reserver of 'Pwnzoring mods' is running low? If it runs out, all hope is lost... and my craving for mods is uncurable.

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 4:44 pm
I'm realy sorry for the wait guys, if ic ould i would have released it without the interface etc, the problem is, my comp still is over heating, its the procceser and mother board. And I need to be able to play soldat to get the screenshots. I've been thinking about taking hte case off and blowing a window fan on it :p that wokred last time, as soon as I can get all the screens etc I'll release it. I've been just as eager to release it as you guys :p

MikeShinoda.pheonix
September 2, 2005, 9:09 pm
You can send me the mod, and I can take some screens :P

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 10:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixYou can send me the mod, and I can take some screens :P

Thats okay, I'll pop the case and fan cool it and get the mod out in the next couple days, with or without interface and map. As it stands the interface-gfx, weapons-gfx, sfx, and gostek is completely done. It also includes a custom map and some extra weaps. So yeah, I'll release as is unless somone gets me an interface in the next couple days

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 11:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIquote:Originally posted by 117...leavin on september 11th...

yeah, the plane i'm on is gonna smash into another tower. if i survive the crash i'll try making the interface.

where are u going?

September 3, 2005, 4:20 am
He's leaving to England, permanently. So no more malaysian food. Whoopeedoo, not that I like malaysian food much, apart from nasi lemak and teh tarik. But at least he won't ever need the 'fire bucket'

SPARTAN_III
September 3, 2005, 10:29 am
quote:Originally posted by 117He's leaving to England, permanently. So no more malaysian food. Whoopeedoo, not that I like malaysian food much, apart from nasi lemak and teh tarik. But at least he won't ever need the 'fire bucket'

this forum is not the place to discuss my idiotic experiments with chilli powder, thank you.

FMBM, go ahead and release it now, and i'll start work on the interface after. i usually like to release my interfaces separately as standalone mods.

wunderbear
September 3, 2005, 1:23 pm
You're coming over to here! Great!

Where exactly?

And FMBM, I hope your PC gets better. :(

Sk8er
September 6, 2005, 4:23 pm
Omfg Field!!!111OMFG!!!OOMMGGG!!!1I LOVE YOU SOOO MMOOOUUUCCHHHHHH really nice mod...when it will be out and ive got a question.

Question:

When I download MetalSlug4 with what program can I play it?

Meandor
September 6, 2005, 4:45 pm
Sk8r, don't double post. You need MAME to run MS4. http://www.mame.net/

Sk8er
September 6, 2005, 6:09 pm
FM I will try to make a map okay?I wish you best luck for teh mod! ;D

Deleted User
September 6, 2005, 10:03 pm
Thanks :) Like I said, I'll try and get it out this week and I'll add the map and interface in later etc. Its just my dads vacation so we've been doing alot of all day projects at the church parsonage, tearing out and putting back in floors and drywall etc, all kinds of "fun" stuff lol

Sk8er
September 7, 2005, 12:22 pm
Ill open my Adobe Photoshop niw and ill create scenerys and backgrounds and polygons...i hope it will look good ;)

Deleted User
September 8, 2005, 2:56 am

The wait is over guys

The mod can be found Here.

Thanks for waiting patiently

STEELIX
September 8, 2005, 3:33 pm
Hallelujah!

HulluMurhari
September 8, 2005, 4:33 pm
oh yeah, baby

how about my music?