( search forums )
Mod Idea omfg
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
Deleted User
June 24, 2005, 8:37 pm
I was just thinkin... wouldnt it be neat with a worms mod? :D
there are enough weapons to choose from. it would look kewl with a little... wormsy look

sadly, I am no modder, therefore I am suggesting it to some of the great modders we have here. it would look plain awesome.

Deleted User
June 24, 2005, 8:43 pm
lolz... iron donkey mod. anyways, i wanna gostek!

Zero72
June 24, 2005, 9:16 pm
Don't count on a decent-looking gostek, not without heavy animation modification. =P

I never gave any serious thought to a Worms mod, but I don't really think a lot of Worms weapons would fit into Soldat all that well. There are only a few real guns, and lots of off-the-wall explosive stuff.

Goofy_92
June 24, 2005, 9:33 pm
*Agrees with Zero72*

You cannot make the gostek and animations with an easy work. It's a hard job to make it.

Deleted User
June 24, 2005, 10:38 pm
hmm.. well, the gosteks dont have to be made.. just the weps.
there is alot of weapons that could be modded, and some that cant. I only see problems with some of the autos and the ruger.. (M79 could be sheep launcher :P)

Zero72
June 25, 2005, 1:26 am
Yeah, that'd be a good place for that. But like I said, it's impractical, because most of the weapons in Worms are skill-based explosives. I think there's like a grand total of 6 regular firearms in the entire series, at the most.

Deleted User
June 25, 2005, 2:45 am
well.. cant we just make up some? some weapons that COULD have been in the worms series?
banana chaingun for the minigun etc :>

reckon
June 25, 2005, 4:00 am
I remember promoting this idea earlier, it got the same feedback.
It wouldnt be too hard to swap out the nades though.
You could use any number of nades to use: Cluster, regular, Holy, Homing Cluster, Sticky, etc.

Deleted User
June 25, 2005, 10:46 am
the cluster bomb should be a banana... that shoots out little bananas :D

Zero72
June 25, 2005, 10:47 pm
Oh yeah, and even if you did edit the gostek into a Worm shape that looked good while you were alive, it'd break apart and look awful when you died and went ragdoll.

Raptor
June 26, 2005, 1:28 am
The Spas should be a little alien that spits little spines

Edit: Well... it should be a little worm, not an alien... =P