( search forums )
A tiny issue
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
__SnoOpy__
June 24, 2005, 10:05 pm
I recently started using Dedicated Server 2.2.9, and it runs great.
Just one problem:

Players seems to be unable to download my server map. Does anyone know what cause that to happen?

Denacke
June 24, 2005, 11:01 pm
Did you open the right port (join port + 10 as TCP)

__SnoOpy__
June 24, 2005, 11:07 pm
Quoted from my soldat.ini:
[NETWORK]
Port=23073
JoinPort=23073

I'm not sure what are you talking about exactly :p

n00bface
June 24, 2005, 11:13 pm
read the stickies, they explain that you are supposed to open both the soldat join port, and the the soldat join port+10 on your router's port forwarding configuration

__SnoOpy__
June 24, 2005, 11:27 pm
Wait a minute, I don't have a router?

Players does not have problem on joining my server, even with Soldat Dedicated Server 2.2.9 which I just started using. The only problem is they can't download the maps I put on. But it only occurs when I host with this software.

n00bface
June 24, 2005, 11:58 pm
the map downloading port is automatically set to the soldat port+10. Do you have a firewall on that might be blocking people from downloading?

__SnoOpy__
June 25, 2005, 4:10 am
haha yes, nevermind the question
soldatserver.exe wasn't checked for "exceptions", I don't know why it went off

It's working all good now

__SnoOpy__
June 26, 2005, 5:51 am
It is working all good now,
but error still appears sometime while sending maps..

What possibly cause this? People can now download maps from my server for sure, but the server won't let them sometimes..

>> "soldatserver.exe" is on the exceptions of my firewall, so it's not likely firewall problem.

n00bface
June 26, 2005, 7:54 pm
From the Dedicated Server 2.2.9 sticky:
quote://additional server settings for advanced users
[NETWORK]
//if you get a crash when too many people try to download a map try changing this value to something greater than 0
MaxConnections=0
You can adjust "MaxConnections" to limit the amount of people who can connect and download a map at a time.

__SnoOpy__
June 27, 2005, 1:19 am
I did read that, and I did change it to number greater than 0 (I setted it five). But when I tested with it, only one player had the map sent, the rest stops at "requesting game..".

I tested again today, and problem seemingly solved. I guess it was because there was more request in same time than the maxconnection limit, I don't know. I'll test it more and report my other problem(s) in this box:
[ When I changes map, error box pops up saying "Cannot create xxx.bmp", and if I don't close right way, it simply freeze.

After that, most players simply stops at "connection accepted..".

Sometimes the map simply don't send at all even there's only one player connecting.

Sometimes it goes "Map not found" for the players attempts to join
]

FliesLikeABrick
July 4, 2005, 4:00 am
make it bigger than 5

__SnoOpy__
July 4, 2005, 4:22 am
I changed it to 10 few days ago, and problem still occurs sometimes.
"Connection accepted.."

It's weird.

psylence
July 14, 2005, 3:55 pm
I get same problem, will send map fine sometimes but now and then will crash the server.

Deleted User
July 22, 2005, 7:53 am
same problam here , it start downloading get to 61% then says "connection closed gracfuly"