( search forums )
ctf_marAge - Bigger, better, contestier
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
DeMonIc
June 24, 2005, 10:18 pm
ctf_marAge[IMAGE]

Well, it's back. CTF_mare, my best map so far, remade onto the scale of b2b, so I can enter it in the esl contest. Big thanks to LazehBoi, for doing the waypoints, and Soap for making that kick-ass texture.

Without further a-do, here's the download link: http://llsc.us/members/Demonic/uploads/ctf_marage.zip

Deleted User
June 24, 2005, 10:29 pm
:O

rofl! looks very nice! i <3 the tunnels!

:D

bond_james_bond
June 24, 2005, 10:30 pm
i dont know, makes me sleepy...

Deleted User
June 24, 2005, 10:34 pm
nice tunels, ugly beams :(

Michal
June 24, 2005, 11:01 pm
Great map. It love the illusion that's created by the tunnels. The sky colours, while each ugly on their own blend perfectly in the playing area. The scenery placement is really good. I like the giant boulders that the flags are on. The layout may look a bit plain, but I think the gameplay would be good. Good thing that the player spawns are not too close to the flag because in a larger map it can lead to boring gameplay.
Good job :]

Deleted User
June 24, 2005, 11:22 pm
looks good but its to plain..

LazehBoi
June 24, 2005, 11:28 pm
I like this map. It looks abnormally sexy. Also because I waypointed it :D

Zero72
June 25, 2005, 1:30 am
Ooh, I think it looks awesome, although a nice gradient image for the beams would have been better than obvious two-tone, IMHO.

Goofy_92
June 25, 2005, 9:40 am
Looks so cool! I love those shadings and light beams. I'll d/l. Good work and keep good work. ;)

Maxx
June 25, 2005, 2:47 pm
The first one was awesome, and this one is even better.

Very nice.

sbu-spyvin
June 25, 2005, 4:51 pm
Its nice but the gameplay is not so good because its Stand still with barret in tunnel and wait for victims.

DeMonIc
June 25, 2005, 6:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by sbu-spyvinIts nice but the gameplay is not so good because its Stand still with barret in tunnel and wait for victims.

I believe that'd fit 90% of the ctf maps. (those which have tunnels) However, clan wars and serious games are not likely to have the bottom players camp in the tunnel :\

Keron Cyst
June 25, 2005, 7:52 pm
How do you cross the bottom areas? I thought Mario-style terrain was impossible with Soldat.

Deleted User
June 25, 2005, 8:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystHow do you cross the bottom areas? I thought Mario-style terrain was impossible with Soldat.

You thought wrong ;) If you jump up though you'll hit your head i'm guessing :p Still, very neat map :)

loOke
June 28, 2005, 11:39 pm
I played this map on a pub some days ago... It's a very nice one! :)