( search forums )
new map DM-France 1942
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
June 26, 2005, 8:25 am
I call this map France 1942. I don't know why 1942 in particular, but basically you drop in from the sky in parachutes most of the time in this map. There is a top sort of bit where you can run around and tunnels and caves below. I'm not the best at shading (this is like my 3rd map I think) but the gameplays good, so long as you have at least 8 bots. The more the better.

Tell me what you think. Its hosted at dephilles awesome soldat page.

Screenshot:
[IMAGE]

Download link:
[URL]

Goofy_92
June 26, 2005, 8:51 am
I love huge maps like this, but always I ask; "Does it have waypoints?"
Maybe I'll add this to my server.

Maxx
June 26, 2005, 2:08 pm
There should be a little less jet fuel, it's way to easy to get to the top.

And make the background just a lil' darker.

Otherwise, this is good fun map.

Deleted User
June 26, 2005, 4:10 pm
the shading needs improvement and its looks to open. other than that.. i think its nice.

hock3y
June 27, 2005, 1:00 am
It looks really good, but you should get rid of some of the extra space up top, it will make the tunnels useless, just make the ceiling a little lower.

Keron Cyst
June 27, 2005, 4:38 am
Main points to work on: smoother shading, a bit more scattered scenery, and less northern space (unless you like weapon 7 :-)). Otherwise, it looks nice. The flat plain at the top could use more hilly ground (unless it was like that in 1942 France), and maybe some colliders.

Rambo_6
June 27, 2005, 5:16 am
I'd reccommend smootign some of those nastay sharp corners down. It generally gives it a better feel ;)

Also, try experimenting with stretching sceneries. You never know what you can accomplish.

Deleted User
June 27, 2005, 10:50 am
I like the layout.

Deleted User
June 27, 2005, 12:03 pm
Thanks guys, good points all. I guess I hate running out of jet fuel which is why I put so much in, but it probably is a little easy to fly all the way to the top of the map (but why would you want to?) Could definitely use a darker background now I think of it. As for shading, I seriously suck at shading, mostly due to my haphazard placement of polygons when designing the map in the beginning.

Maybe the dodgy shading could be my signature style. Hehe