( search forums )
Soldat Ghost With Flag
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Beren
June 26, 2005, 8:50 am
The name pretty much says it all. I started playing tonight and on the server I was on, every round the soldat ghost(for those of you unfamiliar with our little greyish friend, this will probably just confuse you) showed up, and was able to be killed, but he always ended up back. On CTF Laos, I was on Alpha, and when I got to the blue flag, the soldat Ghost had it. He was just standing there in flag's spot, but the flag was definitely not on the ground, he was holding it. So I shotgunned him and took it. The End.

Deleted User
June 26, 2005, 10:01 am
I have too seen thease "ghosts"! Were they come from?

karmazon
June 26, 2005, 10:09 am
my bedroom

Green Barret
June 26, 2005, 10:37 am
Oooh... spooky. Quiet rare for it to come out and yet it accually even had the flag! I never knew you could kill it.

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 26, 2005, 10:58 am
sure it wasnt just someone afk? normally you can't kill him.. have any screenies?

Zero72
June 26, 2005, 7:10 pm
Are you referring to the solid black, inert, invincible soldier who sometimes turns up?

Beren
June 27, 2005, 3:43 am
That's the one, no, I didn't have enough forsight to take screen shots, but yeah, I was surprised he could be killed as well, and equally surpised he had the flag.

bond_james_bond
June 27, 2005, 1:09 pm
Damn this!!!! Soldat's infested with ghooo000oosssstts!1111!!!!!!11

SPARTAN_III
June 27, 2005, 3:12 pm
"invincible" == bull(Please refrain from swearing). i won a match by killing him.

you can spawn those, just type /addbot *

and he only had the flag because he spawned either on top or in front of it, is my guess. because they dont move.

Deleted User
June 27, 2005, 11:35 pm
Brrrr, ghosts! Maybe they're dead Soldat players, who dedicated their whole lifes to playing! And now, they're still playing, even as dead... not. Maybe we could make ghost stories of Soldat? How spoooooky.

Witcher
June 28, 2005, 1:26 pm
Ghosts of cheaters have returned ;o! Run for your lives! ;o
Or maybe it was just a bug in the game, like the one that sometimes you see your opponent as a part of your team? (f.e. you're in Blue, and he's in Red. Everybody sees him red, but you see him blue. He can shoot you and kill you, but it's definetly distracting... and he's blue in the stats too).
I think Michal should be notified of those 'Ghosts'. I believe he can solve this problem, as it is very cofusing...

SPARTAN_III
June 28, 2005, 1:57 pm
the ghosts do not appear in the f1 players list. they are solid black all the time. even if you toss an AK into his hands he will not shoot. and they can be killed. they have no name, it just says "You killed"

Keron Cyst
June 28, 2005, 5:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_III... you can spawn those, just type /addbot *...
Even if you're not the server's admin?

caliber
June 28, 2005, 5:44 pm
Its called...

LAG! KTHXBYE.

Raptor
June 28, 2005, 8:41 pm
I've seen them, they are completely black soldiers that are just standing there doing nothing, and as SPARTAN III said, they don't appear in the F1 menu and they don't have a name either.

bond_james_bond
June 29, 2005, 10:02 pm

Which is why tehy are amongst the mysterious. One day, they will erupt from burning pits of Soldat hell... And overrun us. And Soldat will become... ... ... deeadd!!

NNNEEEEEEOEOOOOOOOOOOO1!!!!!!!!

DT
June 30, 2005, 7:31 am
Black power!!!

but yea thier a result from lag and sometimes the max limit

Me123
June 30, 2005, 7:28 pm
Oh those. I've never seen one just appear by itself. If you host a game, you can spawn them with /addbot *. It will say " has joined the game". He doesn't move or shoot, but you can kill him. "*" is not in the bots folder, so this is just... weird.

skill
June 30, 2005, 11:42 pm
[IMAGE]
^ yeah, i know im a moron..
but i'm just tired, and i dont know why im actually writing this
blalbla bb

Deleted User
July 1, 2005, 12:16 am
there usualy on server with lots of people in them, and i've never killed one. they absorb bullets though. how do you insert a pic?

Raptor
July 1, 2005, 6:39 pm
Like this: [*img]URL[*/img] without the "*"

The @venger
July 6, 2005, 10:34 pm
couldnt the big mm make a campaign- gamemode, or something, where u fight the gosts?

--Slayer--
July 7, 2005, 5:38 pm
I was on the bravo team and the blue flag was stuck in the wall-we had to fly up to get it back.

Beren
July 7, 2005, 7:54 pm
You should be able to lock your own topic...

b00stA
July 7, 2005, 8:05 pm
quote:Originally posted by BerenYou should be able to lock your own topic...

*poof*