( search forums )
Coaster Mode!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Captain Ben
June 27, 2005, 3:51 am
I thought it would be nice that instead of all gruff-tough hardcore killing, if there was a mode that supported fun. Retarded fun. What better than coasters? Players start off with fifteen coasters and attack their enemies by throwing them at them. Whenever they make contact, the player gets a point. But there's a catch: The coaster-flight-pattern is messed up, meaning tat you could be ten feet or ten inches away, and your coasters could not even make contact with your opponent! For example, throwing your coasters at different angles would achieve different flight paths. Players could even choose the colours of their coasters!
I know Soldat is a gritty 2D war game, but a pointless game mode would be fun.

BTW: A bald gostek would also be very peachy.

Maxx
June 27, 2005, 1:52 pm
Maybe, just maybe this would be cool.
But not with coasters.

Bald gostek would be good, but I wouldn't use it.

Deleted User
June 27, 2005, 2:25 pm
WTF IS THIS ABOUT ???
No ...
lol im joking BUT I dunno , I dont like it.

Rambo_6
June 27, 2005, 5:37 pm
Throwing drink coasters is not only the worst idea i've ever heard. Why on earth would you want to throw doileys at eachother when you could simply have a knife fight? The day i see this implemented is the day Michal has lost his mind.

Also, to make a bald hair, just erase all of the mr. t hair away. Ta da!

Keron Cyst
June 27, 2005, 6:54 pm
At first I thought you were talking about soldaten on roller coasters (like at an amusement park), who can't control their direction and have to just fire at the enemy as best as they can :-P So sorry, but no, I don't support this idea. Soldat's a war game and should stay that way. There probably are other games that are like how you described, tho'.

That roller coaster idea could probably be used for a map with bouncy, only-blocks-soldaten polygons...

Zero72
June 27, 2005, 7:24 pm
If this did happen, I think I'd prefer a snowball fight or something. =P

STEELIX
June 27, 2005, 11:13 pm
Well.
I like it...

Deleted User
June 27, 2005, 11:15 pm
Uuh... I think it would be just kinda dumb to waste a whole gametype into this... But it could be used some kinda punish method or something? Voting type perhaps?

Or now I thinked about it, maybe you COULD make a gametype like this. But with more ''weapons'' and stuff, like snowballs, fireworks and like. More ideas like those?

PS. And bald gostek? I thought ''army'' hairstyle was like that...

Deleted User
June 28, 2005, 12:48 am
Nu-uh. Army cuts shave off most of your hair, so you really short (read: 0.2-1.5cm) hair length. Bald is just...bald.

And while on the topic of hairstyles, what we need is Soldats with receding hairlines!

Captain Ben
June 28, 2005, 2:36 am
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 Throwing drink coasters is not only the worst idea i've ever heard. Why on earth would you want to throw doileys at eachother when you could simply have a knife fight? The day i see this implemented is the day Michal has lost his mind.

Can't wait then! If you've ever coaster-battled before, you'll understand how fun it is. It's not the actual skill, its all about the curves.

Deleted User
June 28, 2005, 12:12 pm
captain ben......... more gosteks!!!!!!

Green Barret
June 28, 2005, 3:32 pm
[sarcasm]Yeah coasters... hmmm. Why not add vehicles too?[/sarcasm]

Captain Ben does have a slight point in this. While the idea itself is.. er... less than optional, he wants something fun and clean that's away from Soldat's usual brutal killing spree.

While I might suggest that Captain Ben play some other game, that this doesn't fit Soldat and so on, I sorta agree on this. As you know, climbing and such 'fun' maps aren't popular for no reason. It might be nice to have something refreshing and different from gunning/knifing/chainsawing other players.

SPARTAN_III
June 28, 2005, 3:46 pm
what is the point of wasting programming time and MBs for this. i would like vehicles more than this (i actually like vehicles, flame me all you want)

Maxx
June 28, 2005, 7:12 pm
It'd be much better with checkers.

Checker wars are fun.
=D

Jamesmax0
June 28, 2005, 7:55 pm
Or very large cookie wars

Captain Ben
June 29, 2005, 12:08 am
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIwhat is the point of wasting programming time and MBs for this. i would like vehicles more than this (i actually like vehicles, flame me all you want)

Michal M already said, vehicles aren't ever going to be put in the game. Coasters, well, I don't think he's considered them yet.

Keron Cyst
June 29, 2005, 2:40 am
*rofl* I still think some "weapon" more novel than coasters could be used :-P

Vanana
June 29, 2005, 10:53 pm
i dont think this will be implemented but well thought anyways

vash763
June 30, 2005, 12:29 pm
put chop-sticks in an electric pencilsharpener... that's so much more fun than coasters.

what about like boomerangs?

June 30, 2005, 1:05 pm
But what will I put my cup on when it is not in use? Maybe you should think about these things before posting ideas.

vash763
June 30, 2005, 2:09 pm
but how will you eat your chinese food? or you know play zelda