( search forums )
Trenchwars
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Deleted User
June 27, 2005, 5:43 am
Probley suggested or thought of.
Two bases,and a giant hole or obstacle in the middle.Players must use law,barrett(Those are the best)To snipe or attack the other team artillery style.Works well on CTF_2t if everyone cooperates.
One problem.The flags.Where to put them if theres an obstacle in the middle and everyones supposed to stay in the middle?
Ideas?
I want to start a Trench map,but I need help with that..

Keron Cyst
June 27, 2005, 7:13 pm
Trench wars aren't about camping. You're thinking of sniper battles. Trench warfare is this:
two teams sit in pits. One team goes "RAHRARAGRGHAGH!!!" and charges along the flat plain to the opposition, which has numerous SGs waiting to slaughter them (the other team also has SGs) and dies. The other one counters and charges. It keeps going on until a trench is taken by a team, and they press onward.

Problem: n00bs (which lately have composed most of the game's soldaten) won't wait in their pits for other people to respawn, as the respawn values will differ depending on when they died. They'll just keep charging individually, stupidly.

Maybe for your idea, do this: make a large, blocks-only-soldaten maze leading to the flag, so soldaten have to cross through all these obstacles while avoiding crossfire to reach the flags, which are right next to each other.

Deleted User
June 28, 2005, 8:47 am
Mind drawing a picture for me?

Keron Cyst
June 28, 2005, 5:08 pm
*lol* Sorry, I'm on my eMac right now (dad's playing with stocks, and will be for four more hours) and I haven't a clue how to work this thing xP You haven't seen any movies of WWI in your history classes?... The warfare was always static and in more or less the same areas since charging was costly. Soldiers navigated from one place to another via underground tunnels (remember, back in that time there were no planes). The blank space, with maybe one standing tree and grass, was called a "no man's land," since both sides' turrets could reach in that space (the turrets, or even snipers from the other side, couldn't hit the other since their gunners were heavily guarded in sandbags; this made chargers also hard to hit them, so they always wanted to jump into the opposing side's trench, where the turrets couldn't fire at since they were facing the other way). Only soldiers ran across the no mans' lands since vehicles couldn't be mass-produced back in the day.

The best method was to drop artillery shells upon the enemy gun emplacements (in Soldat's case, rocket launchers pointing 45ยบ or higher), and quickly rush in while the opposition was struggling to get back to their heavy machine guns. Those bayonets were quite useful when they leaped into the enemy trenches and were really close! :-)

Before continuing, read my Problem in the center of my first post in this topic. Also, not many servers enable SGs...

Help me. Field Marshal BM's heavily affecting me {:-o

Deleted User
June 30, 2005, 4:49 am
Hmm,maybe I'm thinking a map with small indents then a tiny tunnel leading from each base and two statguns at each base with a giant open space in the middle,and the flags behind each teams base,so they either charge no mans land,or take small tunnels into the trenches.
This would best be played with statguns on RS.We should make a Server with maps like this..

vash763
June 30, 2005, 12:32 pm
yes

Keron Cyst
July 1, 2005, 5:53 pm
@Gen0cide`: sorry, but I absolutely cannot picture that xD Can you Paint a rough sketch? It can be nasty; I don't care as long as I see what the basic outline should look like.