( search forums )
Do you log your kills...?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
mickle89
June 27, 2005, 9:31 am
Well I don't...anymore. I figured when I joined a server and had little kills but a comparatively large number of deaths i would leave the server automatically...and then Soldat got boring because I only played for kills.

Then I deleted all of the kill loggers on my comp and turned the logging off.

Goofy_92
June 27, 2005, 9:57 am
I log nowadays, but I've resetted it couple of times.

Deleted User
June 27, 2005, 10:53 am
I log too, but i check it once a mounth..or twice...

ppl play for fun!!

Denacke
June 27, 2005, 10:53 am
I log but I don't care about my kills. Only time they get lost is when I forget to back them up at a format.

Liber_Lupus
June 27, 2005, 2:27 pm
I log them, but never watch. I don't care about the numbers, I just enjoy killing.

__SnoOpy__
June 27, 2005, 3:55 pm
Exactly. I recall seeing someone's sig saying "Kill count: xxxxx and growing", that's dumb. :D

Melba
June 27, 2005, 5:13 pm
I'm liking you more and more snoopy/åquo1rius (wtf is up with that name) :)

Roy
June 27, 2005, 6:11 pm
Of course I log my kills. I'm just curious as to what my statistics are, really, especially the weapon stats. Also, over a long period of time, the kill vs death ratio is a pretty decent gauge of how well you are doing in public servers (In case you can't already judge on your own.)

Raptor
June 27, 2005, 6:26 pm
I never log my kills, I don't like that.

Keron Cyst
June 27, 2005, 6:40 pm
Sure. I delete logs that have more deaths than kills, tho' xP Whenever I have free time I also go through them and filter out any kills not pertaining to me (my statistics prog. skips some if there are many unrelated to <SS3>Keron Cyst ;-)). But that way it's tempting to erase the suicides, too :-D

Sniper's quickly becoming my second most-used weapon... {:-/

Kazuki
June 27, 2005, 7:06 pm
I log my kills, but for no cause. I never check my kill logs. I don't even have one of those statistic apps.

.alex.oner.
June 27, 2005, 7:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by KazukiI log my kills, but for no cause. I never check my kill logs. I don't even have one of those statistic apps.

same ^^ :D

Darkfist007
June 27, 2005, 10:21 pm
I dont even see the point of it. What glory does it give you to know that you have killed this number of people on some game? In some games a kill log is kinda funny, to see that 50% of hits are either in the groin or the head is funny, but for the flat out kill # I dont see the usee.

Deleted User
June 27, 2005, 11:02 pm
quote: I never log my kills, I don't like that.

same here.

LazehBoi
June 27, 2005, 11:21 pm
I log my kills so I can show them in my signature to increase my e-penis size.
Actually I don't log them at all. Never really cared for statistics.

Jaz
June 28, 2005, 1:14 am
statistics dont mean (Please refrain from swearing)

Keron Cyst
June 28, 2005, 2:15 am
They help keep me in anti-sniper check when I see the Best Weapon xD

Deleted User
June 28, 2005, 9:41 am
My best weapon is Ruger and secondary knife.

Kills: 2130 Deaths: 1629

I got pwned with barret 355 times :D "im a flying barret target!"

m00`
June 28, 2005, 9:56 am
quote:Originally posted by __SnoOpy__Exactly. I recall seeing someone's sig saying "Kill count: xxxxx and growing", that's dumb. :D

'cough' mancer 'cough'

Witcher
June 28, 2005, 1:10 pm
as someone said before, logging kills is a good way of getting to know your true skills in Soldat. And that doesn't mean public servers. I almost never play at publics, so i get a low K:D (around 1). Logging kills also helps me decide which weapon's usage should I improove to be more... 'elastic' in clan-matches.
Those logs also help me to determine, if my opponent in an upcoming clanwar are good, medium or bad players... if i have ever played them ;) It also can give you an idea of tactics for a CW (f.e. if someone prefers any weapon, I am able to adjust my weapon choice so that i have greater chances).
Though there was a time when I only played for kills. Gladly, that has past and now I know it will never return.
Anyways, Killogs are a good way of getting to know yourself and/or your enemies.
And yes, I do log kills ;)

Merach
June 28, 2005, 2:39 pm
Im logging my kills, I use SK Solstats, but Im not interested on kill count, but on kill to death ratio. I'm trying to increase my efectiveness but now, with a large kills and deaths count it's difficult to increase the ratio with new logs. Someday Ill reset the counts to see my actual ratio.
Have fun

Deleted User
June 28, 2005, 2:59 pm
I log my kills, i compile themn once every month, usually just to see which weapon im using more than the others, which weapon other people killing me with, etc etc... :P I dont play for kills or kill death ratio, i just log them to see the numbers..

The main reason i have logging enabled is for the console logs though.

Green Barret
June 28, 2005, 3:35 pm
Simply logging kills lags my computer -_-; In fact, I have changed my minigun bullets gfx to the one the MP5 uses just because of this.

Keron Cyst
June 28, 2005, 4:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Merach... Im not interested on kill count, but on kill to death ratio....
Same here exactly. Aside from determining my most used weapons, that's what I always try to work on.

Splinter-Cell
June 30, 2005, 3:46 am
no i do not log my kills cuz then i tend to stat whore :/ and just liek cam and sh*t