( search forums )
FIXED: i have a really bad problem
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
SPARTAN_III
June 27, 2005, 11:42 am
help me:

[IMAGE]

SYMPTOMS:

whenever soldat starts i get this. when i got to the start game menu none of my maps exist, and if i hit start game there comes an error message: "blah blah blah read of access (some number)"

the only way i can exit soldat is to use task manager as the exit button gives the same message.

PRESET RESPONSES:

uninstall then reinstall soldat
yes, baka! i tried that and it shows up even on my newly installed soldat!

unistall then reinstall after restarting
(see above)

HELP ME!

karmazon
June 27, 2005, 7:10 pm
did you install any new programs or other software ?

Keron Cyst
June 27, 2005, 7:53 pm
Those exact same symptoms (*lol* "symptoms xP) hit me before (even futilely clicking the Exit button), but it was a different error and said something like Read Address: 0FFFFF7. Sometimes I had to manually push the Power Button and shut it down, as Close Program wouldn't even trigger. Sorry if this is kind of getting a little personal in your activities, but what did you do in the past week? Try uninstalling any programs you may have recently installed. Who knows? It could've interfered with it.

These kinds of things seem to undo themselves. This happened once, for example, when I tried the SK SoldatStats program. It even continued for a week after I uninstalled it. And suddenly it stopped for absolutely no reason :-/

Comps. are like that :-P A reinstallation wouldn't help; errors like this would affect a program no matter how fresh it is.
Ownage cursor, BTW.

FliesLikeABrick
June 27, 2005, 9:25 pm
you need to uninstall, restart your computer and reinstall soldat, then try playing. without the restart it will not fix it

karmazon
June 28, 2005, 1:32 am
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickyou need to uninstall, restart your computer and reinstall soldat, then try playing. without the restart it will not fix it

quote:Originally posted by Spartan
PRESET RESPONSES:

uninstall then reinstall soldat
yes, baka! i tried that and it shows up even on my newly installed soldat!

unistall then reinstall after restarting
(see above)

SPARTAN_III
June 28, 2005, 8:55 am
flies, i am sorry to be so curt, but please see preset responses.

@keron. no, havent installed anything new. and thanks for that comment on my cursor. [OFFTOPIC] if you want it, you'll need CursorXP [URL]

the pack doesnt come with the one i have, you'll need to open the cofigurator and hit "download more themes"[/OFFTOPIC]

Keron Cyst
June 28, 2005, 4:45 pm
*lol* I run a ME :-P And if you didn't install anything suspecting recently, then I'm no more use here. Sorry :-/

Just give it a week or two; it may fix itself, as it did mine. If maps still don't show up in the list, then something could be seriously wrong... o.O'

FliesLikeABrick
June 28, 2005, 9:54 pm
to both of you guys who said i didnt read the preset responses.... please observe the BOLDED PART OF MY F*CKING REPLY before just posting to make it sound like i don't read.

restarting makes all the difference with things like this, and he never said he restarted before installing again.

have a nice day.

oh.... i read his reply but didn't see the bit about reinstalling after restarting..

reinstall directx/get the newest version. easiest way is www.windowsupdate.com

Keron Cyst
June 29, 2005, 2:29 am
Why would an early DirectX version be affecting him now? It would've prevented him from playing Soldat ever since the version update, then. I posted before that this occurred to me and it managed to resolve itself in a ~weekish (Windows ME).

MOFO NOFO
June 30, 2005, 5:01 am
mabye he installed a game or something that use's a old ver of directx.

SPARTAN_III
June 30, 2005, 10:03 am
hmm, only recently i uninstalled the swat 4 demo, spybot s&d, the ut2k3 demo. only that.
if i install an old game that uses old directx, wont it just use my updated directx (0.9c)? the oldest game i have now on my system is the Shogo demo, and its worked fine with soldat.

heh, windows ME sux. soooooo glitchy. :/
lol, mofo's an avatar ripper. piitb? does that mean put it in the butt?

ALL IMPORTANT EDIT:

i just used system restore to push my comp back 2 weeks ago. soldat worked fine after a fresh install. problem fixed.

but my soldat is now default. i really need to redownload that mecha mod.