( search forums )
Subforum for Full Mods
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Rambo_6
June 27, 2005, 5:23 pm
Those of you who've made a full mod know how annoying it can be to have your mod barely looked at, then shuffled into the next page never to be looked at again, all because of somebody's "OMG I TURND THE CHANSAW INTO A DIFRENT COLOR" mod. IMO, there should be separate forums for minimods (mods which do not change very much of the soldat files) or full mods (mods which convert your whole soldat).

It might be hard to implement, since there would be a lot of thread moving involved, but i think it would be worth it.

Zero72
June 27, 2005, 5:36 pm
Not a bad idea. Also, I think there should be a seperate forum for Interfaces.

Hitman
June 27, 2005, 6:09 pm
I agree with both of you 100%.

Deleted User
June 27, 2005, 6:37 pm
I never liked the name 'Show off your 1337 mods!!!!1111omg' anyway. Propose:

'Total conversion' forum - Here all full mods are posted. Definition of full is fully edited weapons menu and edited soldier graphics.
'Mod' forum - Soldier graphics only or weapon only mods. Ranges from, for example, different versions of all the soldat weapons, to a bunny ears hat mod.
'Interface' forum - Simple forum for the release of custom interfaces or original interface mods.

Maybe the Total Conversion forum could be made so people can only reply to topics already there - this means that modders can post their mods in the Mod forum, and the current modifications moderator (Meandor) can move the mods deemed worthy into the TC forum. Seems like quite a lot of work for the moderator though, especially sifting through all the current mods and moving them. Maybe a second mods mod could be hired to help Meandor.

Goofy_92
June 27, 2005, 6:41 pm
I agree with all three of you 100%. ;)

Zero72
June 27, 2005, 7:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by StalkyI never liked the name 'Show off your 1337 mods!!!!1111omg' anyway. Propose:

'Total conversion' forum - Here all full mods are posted. Definition of full is fully edited weapons menu and edited soldier graphics.
'Mod' forum - Soldier graphics only or weapon only mods. Ranges from, for example, different versions of all the soldat weapons, to a bunny ears hat mod.
'Interface' forum - Simple forum for the release of custom interfaces or original interface mods.Sounds good to me.

Meandor
June 27, 2005, 7:36 pm
Well, no need to prevent people from posting in the 'TC' forum. I can always move stuff that doesn't belong there out of it, it's quicker :d
We can try with 3 sections. If it doesn't turn out to be effective, we can reduce it to 2 (full and partial).

Rambo_6
June 27, 2005, 11:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by Stalky

'Interface' forum - Simple forum for the release of custom interfaces or original interface mods.

A full mod should also contain at least most edited sound effects. :p

To make it easier on Meandor, we could keep the 'showz off teh 1337 mods' forum as it is, and have a thread created inside it. In that thread, the makers of any full mods will have to link to their full mod thread in order for it to be moved to the full mod forum. This may also be a bit impractical...

FliesLikeABrick
June 28, 2005, 2:55 am
sounds good to me. having them all put together in one forum always confused me and overwhelmed me... it may even be the reason i never modded.

btw Rambo, speaking of mods.. i know you're a retired mod and all, so you have brownie pts... but at least make your sig obey the rules

Rambo_6
June 28, 2005, 3:53 am
...Doesn't it? Or does it have bad words? :P

FliesLikeABrick
June 28, 2005, 3:59 am
2 rules broken:

# A signature may consist of both text and an image, but in this case, text may not consist of more than 2 lines, and 43 characters in length. The text in question should be aligned directly above/below the image to keep your signature small.

# For text in your signature, you may not have more than 4 lines of text anywhere in the signature, and each line may not be wider than 70 characters. The text may not be over font size 1.

Rambo_6
June 28, 2005, 5:52 pm
Oh. Well i'm redoing my sig in a bit anyways. :P

papasurf31
June 29, 2005, 2:36 am
Where do you really draw the line between PC and TC, it's kinda a grey area. I'm all for the ideas though, god nows what I could do with a good ego boost right now.

Cookie.
June 30, 2005, 2:08 am
The interface section should be called InterMface Forum just for old times sake

Fangus Deef
June 30, 2005, 4:26 am
ahhhh.....just like gettin into a hottub....the memories.

Deleted User
June 30, 2005, 4:23 pm
Sounds like a good idea, I'm just afraid smaller mods that may be cool will be overlooked, because people will only freuquent the "full mod forum". If you could get past that its a great idea

damnnation
June 30, 2005, 5:07 pm
how about something like his then:
MODS
-Full Mods
-Interfaces
-Weapon Replacements
-Gosteks

that'll be more easyer i guis

SERIAL KILLeR
June 30, 2005, 7:24 pm
also the "Soldat Interface Maker" should be changed to soldat modding or something

Zero72
June 30, 2005, 7:36 pm
Definitely.

Rambo_6
July 2, 2005, 5:59 am
So... Who do we have to murder to get this implemented?

Meandor
July 2, 2005, 2:45 pm
I'm fixing it right now.

Goofy_92
July 2, 2005, 4:22 pm
Yeah! That looks nice. (could you remove the caps lock in the screenshot texts?)
EDIT: Why is the inbox in the end of the first page? And where is the last post thingy?

Rambo_6
July 2, 2005, 9:10 pm
Yesh! Glad to see this idea working out.