( search forums )
CTF Woodfort (ESL contestant)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
grand_diablo
June 27, 2005, 6:43 pm
A tight combat/tunnel ctf map will be the third map besides Maya2 and Lanubya.

Its called Woodfort and uses some sceneries ive created from photos ive mage of my surroundings. It requires good duell skills to get to the flag and good teamplay to steal it away succesfully.

Enjoy!

Screenshot:
www.denacke.net/Dibo/maps/ctf_Woodfort.jpg

Download:
www.denacke.net/Dibo/maps/ctf_Woodfort.zip

red / blue dots (small) = player spawnpoints
red / blue dots (big) = flag spawns
white dots = medikits

DeMonIc
June 27, 2005, 6:51 pm
I like the looks.. but the thing is that the tactics that people are used to simply die at this map ( I mean 2 up 1 down, etc.) since the only split-up places are above the bases.. so I can imagine weapon massing will dominate on it.

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 27, 2005, 7:17 pm
looks pretty amazing but if someone decide to spray with a minigun i think it will get gay...

Keron Cyst
June 27, 2005, 7:20 pm
The shading's just a little too jerky, don't you think? Don't have black & white contrast like that with so little space and it'll rock more than it already does. And yea, 100-round spraying is a problem :-/

Deleted User
June 27, 2005, 8:54 pm
looks good.. is it waypointed? if not, i'd be glad to do it:)

grand_diablo
June 27, 2005, 9:37 pm
its not waypointed, so go ahead :)
thanks in advance :)

Weve tested it on public today, and its actually not that pro-auto, its more a Spas-friendly map ;o

STEELIX
June 27, 2005, 11:40 pm
<3

It does look like more of the same, though... :(

Keron Cyst
June 28, 2005, 2:40 am
Yea, the only problem is that the polygons for each side are completely symmetrical (I never said anything about similar scenery, or base colors). I think it has a pretty good chance of winning :-)

Unlucky 13
June 28, 2005, 3:26 am
I LOVE it, I just need to wait for waypoints so I can zombie CTF with my brother on this!
Nice Arena3 like looks, which I like (Best Arena for me :D). Most likely caused by the two levels and the bunkery things the medkits spawn on.
Good, but I'll wait for HHH's waypoints.
Hopefully I won't HAVE to download it, if it's in the next patch, cause this has a good chance!
GG G_D!

Soap
June 28, 2005, 3:55 am
Nice shading.

Felix
June 28, 2005, 7:29 am
Looks like Lanubya ( :PPP ) sry couldnt resist :DD

Leo
June 28, 2005, 8:09 am
Nice map, added at my server's maplist :)

Avarax
June 28, 2005, 12:25 pm
dont you think there should be medikits more to the mid too?

grand_diablo
June 28, 2005, 1:45 pm
Nope, otherwise ppl would have easy play defending the flag by nadespamming it from the middle all the time :)

sbu-spyvin
June 28, 2005, 4:04 pm
Good :) i like it. Isnt to big i see so its nice for 2 vs 2 ;)