( search forums )
Ryan's "Good" Idea List
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Memphetic
June 27, 2005, 8:41 pm
1) First off, microphone chat. This just makes the game more friendly over all.. could make it so the server can adjust which codec... speex codecs are rather efficient even at their ultra-low bitrates. Team chat/alltalk supported :)
---I used to play a game called Outwars. Mebbeh some of you have played and remember it.. awesome game. It had some fun gameplay modes like...
2) Smear the Cyborg - Everyone but the cyborg uses their pistol, or knife, or whatever, and only the cyborg can use the primary weapons and grenades. Fun mode to play. Kill the cyborg to become him... cyborg had a pink ball above its head so everyone knew who it was. They can also kill each other for points as well... 2 points (or whatever you wish) for killing cyborg, 1 point for killing each other.
3) Assassin - you're assigned a target at the beginning of the round, FFA style, and if you kill your target you get more points than just killing anyone else. After you kill the target you move on to another one. You could use the pink ball concept from STC to clarify your target. 3 points (or whatever) for killing your target, and 1 point for killing the others.
---and last, since I don't want to make a huuuge list, was from CS
4) WoW mod - you gain experience, levels, etc. which could be saved on the server or temporary, whichever, and as you gain levels you get abilities based on your race such as evasion, bonus damage, etc. If you wish I could go much further into this... gimme your feedback on my 4 ideas!!!

Captain Ben
June 29, 2005, 12:11 am
I can see that all of these have been thought out, but I'd have to say, only the microphone chat tickles my fancy.

Deleted User
June 29, 2005, 12:38 am
i only like assasination and microphone...especially microphone

zyxstand
June 29, 2005, 12:47 am
all been suggested!
mike i'm all for it.
don rly like them too much...too much tweaking to fit your story.

Zero72
June 29, 2005, 2:14 am
I can see why you'd like microphone chat to be part of Soldat itself, but in the meantime, look into Roger Wilco.

Keron Cyst
June 29, 2005, 2:35 am
Ew @ #4 :-/ Soldat's not an RPG. If you want an RPG with real-time fighting, go play any of the Tales of- games by Namco.

And yea, I think #1's the best out of all of 'em. I don't even have a mike.

Memphetic
June 29, 2005, 2:45 am
Problem with Roger Wilco is that on slower connections, I.E. my dialup, it causes MUCHO lag to have both connections open, whereas if it was integrated it wouldn't create any lag at all because it's just sending packets as normal.

Deleted User
June 29, 2005, 8:43 pm
Only your microphone is any good.

bond_james_bond
June 29, 2005, 9:56 pm
Yea, i wantss a microphone

Vanana
June 29, 2005, 10:48 pm
Go Microphone GO!!!

WoW has been 1 of the worst suggestions ever...
go play Wow(even though WoW dissapointed me)

Deleted User
June 30, 2005, 4:16 pm
i don't want to use 3rd party things like the ventrilio thingy and that stuff....to hard and make me lag, why not something like what battlefiled 2 has?

Memphetic
July 4, 2005, 2:21 am
ALSO... you should automatically switch to your other weapon when you get rid of the one you're holding. Like... let's say you throw your gun, you'd automatically switch to the knife.

Green Barret
July 4, 2005, 8:54 am
quote:Originally posted by Memphetic1) First off, microphone chat. This just makes the game more friendly over all.. could make it so the server can adjust which codec... speex codecs are rather efficient even at their ultra-low bitrates. Team chat/alltalk supported :)
---I used to play a game called Outwars. Mebbeh some of you have played and remember it.. awesome game. It had some fun gameplay modes like...
2) Smear the Cyborg - Everyone but the cyborg uses their pistol, or knife, or whatever, and only the cyborg can use the primary weapons and grenades. Fun mode to play. Kill the cyborg to become him... cyborg had a pink ball above its head so everyone knew who it was. They can also kill each other for points as well... 2 points (or whatever you wish) for killing cyborg, 1 point for killing each other.
3) Assassin - you're assigned a target at the beginning of the round, FFA style, and if you kill your target you get more points than just killing anyone else. After you kill the target you move on to another one. You could use the pink ball concept from STC to clarify your target. 3 points (or whatever) for killing your target, and 1 point for killing the others.
---and last, since I don't want to make a huuuge list, was from CS
4) WoW mod - you gain experience, levels, etc. which could be saved on the server or temporary, whichever, and as you gain levels you get abilities based on your race such as evasion, bonus damage, etc. If you wish I could go much further into this... gimme your feedback on my 4 ideas!!!

1) Please don't do this. I don't care about speaking and don't ever plan too. However, just because some people want to have such a thing in Soldat, it will just increase lag for people who have no wishes for it.

If you can, use a 3rd party system. If you can't, that's too bad.

2) Ever heard of Rambomatch?

3) Hmm.. so you still get points when you kill non targets? It's just deathmatch with a target in it that gives you bonuses from tome to time. I don't think we'll need it.

4) Enemy Territory style... I can't say no because it works well, however coding this would take years by MM's update speed(he's a busy man). Maybe it would work if he had a team or released the source code...

Anyways, nice ideas(yet have been posted before...).

MOFO NOFO
July 4, 2005, 10:19 am
... Whoever plays in u13 servers will KNOW that theres a chat program, its called teamspeak2 and is avaliable freely, WHAT I THINk, is that all server should have teamspeak, then you wont need mic talk.