( search forums )
you know you're not a n00b anymore when...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
SPARTAN_III
June 28, 2005, 3:49 pm
what are your ideas on when you are not a n00b?

when you stop lamering or even using the (Please refrain from swearing) minigun

karmazon
June 28, 2005, 3:52 pm
When you don't complain, whine and (Please refrain from swearing).
When you don't say "hit".
When you have fun with soldat.

Chakra`
June 28, 2005, 4:17 pm
When you have 'real' fun with Soldat: using your skills in aiming and maneuvering to engage your enemies, and maybe winning.

Not abusing tricks, bugs, or anything unmoral to give an advantage and remaining passive to challenging combat.

eg: excessive spawncamping, excessive camping in highly oppurtune locations, minigun surfing, shooting through walls, repetitive 'defensive' spraying (while not advancing), relying on m79 jumping to evacuate (rather than using skill and teamplay to fight your way out), or relying on a single questionably overpowering weapon for the entirity of your Soldat 'career'.

..I think that covers it. Next topic?

Deleted User
June 28, 2005, 4:19 pm
Minigun surfing is fun, though!

Keron Cyst
June 28, 2005, 4:31 pm
You know you're not a n00b anymore when you realize that almost every forum sub-body has more than one sticky, if you indeed realized that there was a forum.

:-P

__SnoOpy__
June 28, 2005, 4:58 pm
You know you're not a n00b anymore when you know this post is a complain. We all know those laggy n00bs laming minigun in public server, so yeah.

KamikaziCow:

In a seperate spot it's ok. When it affects other players that wanted to play, it's n00b.

?
June 28, 2005, 5:05 pm
You know your not a noob when people start calling you by your name real name.

Goofy_92
June 28, 2005, 5:06 pm
I think I'm gonna frag some people when I'm not a n00b. (or am I still...?)

Pablo Honey
June 28, 2005, 5:16 pm
When you don't make silly posts like this anymore.

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 28, 2005, 5:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by Pablo HoneyWhen you don't make silly posts like this anymore.

bang on

Zero72
June 28, 2005, 7:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by karmazonWhen you don't complain, whine and (Please refrain from swearing).
When you have fun with soldat.
I think that's the most intelligent post I've ever seen from Karmazon. =P

Judge_Man
June 28, 2005, 7:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra` relying on m79 jumping to evacuate (rather than using skill and teamplay to fight your way out),

I feel aimed by that one Hahahaha but I don't use m79 jumps only to evacuate, i use it to catch up EFC and kill him, to rush enemy base at massive speed so i get trough everything without diying(?). I know i won't change your opinion but heh...

Raptor
June 28, 2005, 8:28 pm
When you are like me ;)

b00stA
June 28, 2005, 8:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by RaptorWhen you are like me ;)

Then I'm a n00b.

FliesLikeABrick
June 28, 2005, 10:21 pm
when you create threads that are original and don't suck.

... or when you have the respect of the people you play with, not just because you kick their ass, but because you use a variety of weapons, none of which are autos.

Elephant_Hunter
June 28, 2005, 11:17 pm
When you can relax after a hard day's work by delving into a Soldat game.

When you smile after getting killed in a different way.

When you've taken every default map and critiqued it, seeing all sides of the scale.

When you've cursed every weapon.

When you think eating ramen noodles and playing Soldat sounds harmonious.

When you've hooked up your own private lan and blasted away with fellow converts.

When you realize just how much of a noob you are.

FliesLikeABrick
June 28, 2005, 11:31 pm
amen :D

Pablo Honey
June 28, 2005, 11:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrick
... or when you have the respect of the people you play with, not just because you kick their ass, but because you use a variety of weapons, none of which are autos.

Doesn't the little guy in your u13 avatar have an AK in his hands? :P

FliesLikeABrick
June 29, 2005, 12:03 am
yeah but that isn't me in it, and i didn't make the image either :P one of the loving U13 fans made a couple 88x31 banners up for me and i liked the way that one looked

Captain Ben
June 29, 2005, 12:17 am
Well, then I'm a noob. My favourite gun is the hkmp5. All hope is lost.

Fangus Deef
June 29, 2005, 1:00 am
quote:Originally posted by #8224;You know your not a noob when people start calling you by your name real name.

my ass. nobody here knows my REAL name. hell, only like, 3 people outside of my family know my name. just call me fangus :P

i think you're not a newb when you can effectivly take out 5 people in a fluid motion. i think you're not a noob when you stop being a little turd about either having skills or other people destroying your little 40 pixel tall representation.

papasurf31
June 29, 2005, 2:04 am
quote:Originally posted by Elephant_HunterWhen you can relax after a hard day's work by delving into a Soldat game.

When you smile after getting killed in a different way.

When you've taken every default map and critiqued it, seeing all sides of the scale.

When you've cursed every weapon.

When you've hooked up your own private lan and blasted away with fellow converts.

When you realize just how much of a noob you are.

you know you need to stop playing soldat and get a real life when...

Keron Cyst
June 29, 2005, 2:20 am
quote:Originally posted by Elephant_Hunter... When you've cursed every weapon....
Looks like I'll always remain a n00b; the RL owns, still whenever I get killed by it.

Deleted User
June 29, 2005, 9:36 pm
When you're not spraying anymore with autos.

Deleted User
June 29, 2005, 9:42 pm
the word "noob" doesn't mean anything.
It's just depend when you started playing this game.
but of course if you're bad at it, you're not a "noob" you just suck.

bond_james_bond
June 29, 2005, 9:51 pm
You know you're not a n00b anymore when you understand what infiltration is all about.

"How do I capture the blue flag??"

"Why is the flag black & white??"

Zegovia
June 29, 2005, 10:32 pm
When you dont use the same weapon as the one that killed you or are dominating the map.....

Ok
June 29, 2005, 11:05 pm
Well, as I see it, being a noob has nothing to do with how you express your feeling.
That's just a matter of maturity.
for me a noob is someone who can't grasp the basics of team play and keeps ignoring the team's needs.

When someone dies so he can respawn again and help defend the base.
When someone position his charactar in the middle betwin the enemie fire and the FC (meat shielding)
When someone aims every shot he makes insted of spraying them and relying on reload.
When someone switch to another weapon if things become too easy for him.
When someone understands that a player can win a game even with a result like 20 kills and 36 deaths.

Outcast
June 29, 2005, 11:57 pm
when you don't make threads like this.

TIR_Blade
June 30, 2005, 12:14 am
When you can pronounce Michal Marcinkowski's name

Vanana
June 30, 2005, 2:18 am
quote:Originally posted by TIR_BladeWhen you can pronounce Michal Marcinkowski's name

holy hell i am a noob then...

or when you realize that n00b is not quality on skillz but a state of mind ;)

PopeJohnPaul_II
June 30, 2005, 2:32 am
I'm probably wrong, but I was under the impression it was pronounced like this:

MAR-SHEEN-COW-SKI

Ok
June 30, 2005, 6:24 am
quote:Originally posted by Outcastwhen you don't make threads like this.

hmm...

quote:Originally posted by Pablo HoneyWhen you don't make silly posts like this anymore.

hm.. again..

Now lets all stop and think what does someone gain from replying with something like that?
Constructive Critisizem? no..
Hate towords that person? maybe..
Useless hostility? no doubt..
A waste of time and page space? Indeed.

But most of all I wonder, well I don't , I have no idea you wrote it since you have nothing better to say.
But just for the fun of it. :)
Does it mean that everyone who doesnt make a post like this isn't a noob? :) that's ALOT of players mates :) you sure you wanna make a statment like that?

karmazon
June 30, 2005, 7:16 am
quote:Originally posted by PopeJohnPaul_III'm probably wrong, but I was under the impression it was pronounced like this:

MAR-SHEEN-COW-SKI

wow way off

Mar-cheen-cov-ski

Me-how

Poland baby !

Merach
June 30, 2005, 7:39 am
quote:Originally posted by Judge_Manquote:Originally posted by Chakra` relying on m79 jumping to evacuate (rather than using skill and teamplay to fight your way out),

I feel aimed by that one Hahahaha but I don't use m79 jumps only to evacuate, i use it to catch up EFC and kill him, to rush enemy base at massive speed so i get trough everything without diying(?). I know i won't change your opinion but heh...

Now I feel more relaxed after reading this. I play primarly with M79 and do these things, much more in b2b and Voland, M79 jump enables u to:
1 - Kill from upper way the typical camper in the corner of red/blue respawn zone (On B2B)
2 - Catch the EFC waiting frightened over red/blue respawn zone.(On B2B)
3 - Fall down over red/blue respawn zone through the upper way (roof) and kill him without using jetpack (he can't hear u coming in). (On Voland)

After that... I'm sure I'm still a noob, but... I get a lot of fun with soldat then refering to other post in this topic, I'm not as much noob as I could be :P.

quote:Originally posted by OkWell, as I see it, being a noob has nothing to do with how you express your feeling.
That's just a matter of maturity.
for me a noob is someone who can't grasp the basics of team play and keeps ignoring the team's needs.

When someone dies so he can respawn again and help defend the base.
When someone position his charactar in the middle betwin the enemie fire and the FC (meat shielding)
When someone aims every shot he makes insted of spraying them and relying on reload.
When someone switch to another weapon if things become too easy for him.
When someone understands that a player can win a game even with a result like 20 kills and 36 deaths.

I like this post, normally I try to do all these things... but sometimes... with teammates doing things by his way... finally I'm tempted to leave their to play alone.

See you.

DT
June 30, 2005, 7:47 am
you know your not a noob when you don't spam the fourms and starhunt anymore

MOFO NOFO
June 30, 2005, 8:12 am
J00 all calling teh great svLuke a n00b!! (the dude from projectX) he uses all the things you all consider n00bish.

TIR_Blade
June 30, 2005, 4:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by karmazonquote:Originally posted by PopeJohnPaul_III'm probably wrong, but I was under the impression it was pronounced like this:

MAR-SHEEN-COW-SKI

wow way off

Mar-cheen-cov-ski

Me-how

Poland baby !

Close but it's Mar-tzin-cov-ski

Keron Cyst
June 30, 2005, 5:09 pm
There should be a How do you pronounce 'Michal Marcinkowski?" thread with the threadstarter saying not to post unless you know exactly how it should be pronounced...

Deleted User
June 30, 2005, 5:40 pm
The sound that is in Marcinkowski (represented in Polish by "ci") does not exist in English so u cant represnt it in that way.

Vanana
July 2, 2005, 4:16 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystThere should be a How do you pronounce 'Michal Marcinkowski?" thread with the threadstarter saying not to post unless you know exactly how it should be pronounced...

there is already one

@TOPIC!
when playing is not for fun anymore?

Zero72
July 2, 2005, 4:20 am
You, when shot by a Barrett, compliment the shot, choose a different weapon and try to execute a counter-strategy, using another Barrett if necessary.

That's the best one I can think of.

Green Barret
July 2, 2005, 4:48 am
When you've mastered all weapons(duh).

quote: Originally posted by TIR_BladeWhen you can pronounce Michal Marcinkowski's name

Wait. Are you saying that all Polish speaking people are not noobs?

Keron Cyst
July 2, 2005, 6:20 am
quote:Originally posted by Green BarretWhen you've mastered all weapons(duh)....
That'll be impossible with me as well; my skill changes more than weekly. I may act rusty even if I played just the day before.

Deleted User
July 2, 2005, 8:27 am
You know you're not a n00b anymore when you leave these forums. :)

TIR_Blade
July 2, 2005, 6:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by Green BarretWhen you've mastered all weapons(duh).

quote: Originally posted by TIR_BladeWhen you can pronounce Michal Marcinkowski's name

Wait. Are you saying that all Polish speaking people are not noobs?

I speak polish...so yes

dude
July 9, 2005, 7:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by Elephant_HunterWhen you can relax after a hard day's work by delving into a Soldat game.

lol! thats what i was eating ramen noodles and playing soldat a few days ago. xD

VodkaZombie
July 9, 2005, 7:37 pm
You know you're not a n00b anymore when you can admit your a noob.

Jello
July 10, 2005, 8:10 am
There are alot of abstract answers here about how you stop being a noob when you learn to love the game or stop whining or whatever, but with me, it was very specific: when I learned the value of grenades. Even now, if I stop playing for a few weeks (or months) and come back to it, I'll suck for the first few days untill I remember the good old nades. If it sounds stupid, it's because it is, but I do it every time.

The @venger
July 10, 2005, 10:31 am
quote:Originally posted by Fangus Deefquote:Originally posted by #8224;You know your not a noob when people start calling you by your name real name.

my ass. nobody here knows my REAL name. hell, only like, 3 people outside of my family know my name. just call me fangus :P

i think you're not a newb when you can effectivly take out 5 people in a fluid motion. i think you're not a noob when you stop being a little turd about either having skills or other people destroying your little 40 pixel tall representation.
then whats ur name?

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 11:02 am
coaster man knows your not a n00b when you can take on a whole clan and... win!

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 11:28 am
If you sometimes win a game....

AerialAssault
July 10, 2005, 7:13 pm
when you dont complain about bink or autos because thats how michal intended the game to be from the start.

and when you can take out like 5 people in a fluid motion like peemonkey said.

and when you go into a server and someone you dont know goes "OMG (your name here)! the same from the forums?"

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 10:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by Coaster Mancoaster man knows your not a n00b when you can take on a whole clan and... win!
When you don't speak like that anymore.

I suggest that you start speaking normally. Your sig is kinda fun, but if speak like that in your all posts, my head will explode.

AerialAssault
July 12, 2005, 12:12 pm
nah, we need people like coaster man ever since KOMPRESSOR left us. :'(

SPARTAN_III
July 12, 2005, 3:16 pm
^^ about your previous posts. what if i have a different name?

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 4:18 pm
If you have real fun in soldat

karmazon
July 12, 2005, 4:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by klinkerhoffenIf you have real fun in soldat

That sounded dirty to me for some reason.
Real fun, meaning the game entertains you right mon ?

The @venger
July 12, 2005, 4:55 pm
when ure good, dosnt matter the tecknique, you can camp, and if youre good at it, then ure not a noob.