( search forums )
CTFs Purgo/Tripetra/Skyfort (New & Improved!)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Roy
June 29, 2005, 9:44 pm
Actually, one new map and two updates.

New map: ctf_Purgo.

I had such a GRAND VISION for this map, but as it is it's kind of bland. I'll work on it more later... Also it has a tendancy to have a polybugs in a few places. This is because I didn't use as much polygon induction as I should have. I guess this is kind of a ROUGH CUT for now, which really pisses me off. You see, I was trying to get this done in time for the ESL mapping contest, but by the time I had the inspiration for this map, there was only a few days left before the deadline. I only had like 2 hours a day to work on it, so the map feels kind of rushed. OH WELL.

(Overview) [URL]
(Screen) [URL]
(Screen) [URL]
(Screen) [URL]
(Screen) [URL]
(Download) [URL]

Update: ctf_Tripetra.

I think this is much improved from the last version. I took the advice of a few people and completely re-did the bottom. I thought about keeping it black and adding lightsources and shading, but instead I just shaded it all similar to the top side. I knew I'd screw it up, otherwise. I added some jungle camp-esque scenery and re-waypointed it, and voila!

(Overview) [URL]
(Screen) [URL]
(Screen) [URL]
(Screen) [URL]
(Screen) [URL]
(Screen) [URL]
(Screen) [URL]
(Download) [URL]

Semi-Update: ctf_Skyfort.

This is a "Semi-Update" because I still can't figure out why some of the scenery becomes missing when you play it. I think it has something to do with the zipping and uploading process, because the map works perfectly fine on my own computer. Also the scenery unzips without anything missing, so something in the map file must be damaged... oh well. I completely re-did all the polygons. I used a fantastic technique Leo Da Lunerfox mentioned (Thanks!) by placing the foreground scenery 50% transparent and using it as a guide. Worked much better than my previous method; the polygons now match the scenery to near-perfection. A few polybugs are inavoidable in this kind of map, but oh well.

(Overview) [URL]
(Screen) [URL]
(Screen) [URL]
(Screen) [URL]
(Screen) [URL]
(Download) [URL]

Happy Soldat'n everyone...

Deleted User
June 29, 2005, 9:48 pm
they all look "nice" nothing i havent seen before.

papasurf31
June 29, 2005, 10:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHH...nothing i havent seen before.

that applies more to you than to him though, doesn't it?

BTW - nice maps, I like skyfort because it uses sprite textures and looks silly fun happy.

Roy
June 30, 2005, 3:04 am
quote:Originally posted by HHHthey all look "nice" nothing i havent seen before.

Okay... thanks. This helps me out a lot

It must be quite boring to have seen everything, eh?

Pablo Honey
June 30, 2005, 3:35 am
quote:Originally posted by HHHthey all look "nice" nothing i havent seen before.

Maybe, because 2 of them are updates of previously released maps?

Maxx
June 30, 2005, 3:41 am
Purgo does look kinda rushed, but it's ok.

Tripetra looks much, much better than the previous version.

And Skyfort, with all of it's sonic-y goodness, looks to have some intresting gameplay.

Deleted User
July 1, 2005, 10:31 am
Aren't the textures for Skyfort taken from an old James Bond game?

Keron Cyst
July 1, 2005, 5:59 pm
Sonic, actually. ctf_Tripetra's the best by far (ctf_Purgo needs more contrasting shading, and a bit lighter BG colors). You should Paint marks on the images showing where spawn points and the flags are.