( search forums )
Missing Default Scenery
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
AWH_ReApEr
June 30, 2005, 5:54 am
Okay, here's the deal. When I upload custom maps, I upload EVERYTHING in the RIGHT places. When people join the server while it's on a custom map, they have missing scenery. The thing is, they have all the custom scenery, but they're missing default scenery.

Here's what I came up with:
When people request the map, the server sends them all the custom scenery and texture. It also sends normal, default scenery, which isn't on the server (The scenery-gfx folder on the server only contains custom scenery). Since the server doesn't have it, it just sends blank files with that scenery's name on it. This causes the white squares where standard scenery should be. The only thing I can think of to fix this, is to upload all the standard scenery as well. This would be a huge upload and would take a ton of my space on the server.

Chibi and I tried to figure it out, but that's all we could come up with. So, I come here in hope of finding an answer. Got any ideas?

n00bface
July 2, 2005, 3:27 am
My server has no problems with custom maps and default scenery using 2.2.9 with Fedora. Is the server on your computer, or is it on Chibi's server?

AWH_ReApEr
July 2, 2005, 7:28 am
It's on Chibi's server. No worries, though. You can lock this. I realised that I was looking at my own scenery-gfx folder which has tons of custom scenery already in it (making the directory huge), so I thought it would be a pain to upload. Then I installed Soldat to a fresh directory and found out the scenery-gfx folder is only 3.5, or so, megs. I uploaded it and everything works fine, now.