( search forums )
Dm - Green Hills
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
KiKAzz
June 30, 2005, 5:59 am
Green Hills by KiKAzz

Description:
This is the very first map I have created. It is a basic map with two hills in the middle. It way also be used for teammatches because I have set it up so it can work. If you have any ideas or questions, email me at litokid@hotmail.com. :)

Image link: http://mr.netpub.org/soldat/img.php?type=map&id=76

Download: http://mr.netpub.org/map.php?id=76

Overview:

[IMAGE]
(Picture quality not so good)

Zero72
June 30, 2005, 6:04 am
Screenshot doesn't seem to work.

Rambo_6
June 30, 2005, 6:25 am
Does for me. I suggest you learn to shade. Take, for example, some of the default maps. They look great because they have shading.

Also, please post an overview. (zoom out in the mapmaker, then press the printscreen button. Then paste it into paint.)

Goofy_92
June 30, 2005, 8:51 am
*Agrees with Rambo_6.*

KiKAzz
June 30, 2005, 7:51 pm
Alright, i'll try to shade. What are some good colours for the map?

Edit, this is what my new project will look like, I shaded and textured it.

[IMAGE]

Deleted User
June 30, 2005, 8:56 pm
plain and boring but its good for a second map.

Keron Cyst
June 30, 2005, 11:25 pm
That's not what he means. For shading, you make the top part of the ground lighter and the bottom darker. Use the polygon colors; make the vertex (or vertices) that are lower darker, but keep a light color for the higher vertices (vertex).

KiKAzz
July 1, 2005, 2:56 am
Alright, I'm going to make a teammatch map that has four islands. What should the other three enviroments be like? I've already done one:
[IMAGE]

Keron Cyst
July 1, 2005, 6:14 am
That won't be fair. Alpha & Delta will only have to deal with either Bravo or Charlie, which will need to fight off two sides.

KiKAzz
July 1, 2005, 11:53 pm
So, it wouldn't work?

Keron Cyst
July 2, 2005, 12:58 am
Well, never mind; some official teammatch levels are like that. What's the dark crud at the bottom, tho'?