( search forums )
Assorted Ideas - Coasters :(
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Captain Ben
June 30, 2005, 7:00 am
Okay, first I'll start off with bots. I'm not looking for commands or anything, but whenever I make a bot, they never seem to stick to one weapon, unless it is a secondary, what I would like is the bots to stay loyal to whatever gun you chose for them. ALso with grenades. You tell them not to use them, but they still do. I'd like this fixed up as well.
The bot selection screen: Unless you want just one bot, you'll either have to move all of the other bots into a separate file and either copy the same bot into that file 30 times, or always put 30 'random bots'. What would make my day would be an option to choose what bots would be in the random bots section.
For example, you have Sniper, Dutch and Terminator selected for your team, but on the other team, you want thirty Boogie Men. So instead of exiting the game and switching bots around, you could go to 'Advanced, next to the blue team's random bot selector, go to advanced, unselect all of the bots, minus Boogie Man and then you'll only beable to have him on your blue team's random bots.

Now what I was thinking here was a kind of skill-grading... thing.
Not exatcly an RPG, but more of a pointer to show your skill level. Players get a 'kill point' coin for every kill they get, in which they can use to buy special gosteks, animations and different weapon skins or text colours, laser sights (hey, it's their choice).
For example, 'Tim' would go to a public and massacre 400 players, thus getting him 400 kill point coins, TIm then exits the game and goes to the coin menu to 'cash in' his coins and buy a... kilt, which only he can wear, or other players which have gotten 400 killpoint coins. Or he could buy a different knifing animtation, in which he could do slashes, instead of just stabbing. Or he could get a mask, pirate hat, or a bright yellow skin for his minigun!
If a player is really good, they could buy something really expensive, like a catsuit for... 10,000 killpoint coins.

Though just remember: None of this actually affects the player's power in games, like for example, running speed or anything.
I thought this could be a decent way for players to show off skill, because other players could see it.

And also, it'd be pretty funy to see the knife stab into bodies and stay stuck until someone pulls it out or the body dissapears :D

Deleted User
June 30, 2005, 3:08 pm
That knife idea is pretty good. I would like to see it.

Koon
June 30, 2005, 3:23 pm
i think the coins are a good idea, as long as they didnt make the player more powerful. but theres a flaw with it. players could make servers with only one human player alowed and 30 custom bots that suck and score tons of points. or they could make a ctf server where they are the only ones on.

Deleted User
June 30, 2005, 4:08 pm
captain i only like the knife idea...not relly sure about the other ones

Deleted User
June 30, 2005, 5:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kooni think the coins are a good idea, as long as they didnt make the player more powerful. but theres a flaw with it. players could make servers with only one human player alowed and 30 custom bots that suck and score tons of points. or they could make a ctf server where they are the only ones on.
Thanks for telling! I'll use that when this gets through.

Zero72
June 30, 2005, 5:41 pm
To be honest, the only idea I like is the knife-staying-in-corpse one. But then, that might take away from the thrill of knocking somebody's head off with one. Maybe it would be a random occurance.

vash763
June 30, 2005, 6:59 pm
i like the bot idea

Boer
July 1, 2005, 8:40 am
if you ever played with only boogieman or only one bot, you'd realize that the bot idea is good.

Jap_man
July 1, 2005, 11:44 am
The killpoint coin idea, in my opinion isn't a good idea.
Firstly mods should be there for free use by the public, anyone should be able to get whatever mod they like, rather than having just a bunch of skilled players getting certain mods etc.
Secondly for this idea to work, accounts would be needed. And the whole idea of having accounts just doesn't fit the simplicity of soldat.

Captain Ben
July 1, 2005, 2:39 pm
Anywho, perhaps killpoint cois could only be scored from killing other players???

Maxx
July 1, 2005, 2:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by Boerif you ever played with only boogieman or only one bot, you'd realize that the bot idea is good.

Avarax
July 1, 2005, 4:22 pm
yayay, i have thought of a sort of RPG expierince based mode too, that would be fun!!1