( search forums )
walking...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
June 30, 2005, 4:35 pm
something i've noticed that most games do and soldat doesn't (not trying to compare soldat...) is that you can walk instead of only run. Perhaps you might say this is pointless to "walk" in a fighting game...but i'm sure there are those precious moments in which you just wanna walk to either piss of someone or just to look cool!

Zero72
June 30, 2005, 7:41 pm
It really isn't essential, but it couldn't hurt, either. Perhaps it could be done by holding Shift and moving, or something.

Vijchtidoodah
June 30, 2005, 10:24 pm
Actually, you can just crouch while you move. It makes you much quieter and a smaller target as well as moving slowly like you want.

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 30, 2005, 10:54 pm
But I want to walk, not crouch walk....Crouchwalking isn't cool and makes you look like a midget in a soldat movie.

Deleted User
July 1, 2005, 1:05 am
Midgets are awesome though! Crouch with a minigun, and that's funneh!

Deleted User
July 1, 2005, 1:34 am
it could be useful, mostly on realistic mode (for stealth).

Deleted User
July 1, 2005, 3:23 am
thats why there crouch then you'll be silent

Keron Cyst
July 1, 2005, 5:58 am
quote:Originally posted by Leo Da LunerfoxBut I want to walk, not crouch walk....

kwanfei
July 1, 2005, 7:52 pm
i don't think walking would br needed in the game

Zero72
July 1, 2005, 8:13 pm
I've decided that I support this idea. I think it would just plain be cool to be able to walk; that's the long and short of it.

Da cHeeSeMaN
July 1, 2005, 9:23 pm
OMG LOOK HE CAN WALK OMG HES SO COOL...

i hope i proved my point

papasurf31
July 2, 2005, 12:22 pm
Yes, walking IS cool, I agree.

Deleted User
July 2, 2005, 12:53 pm
in a 3d game is it nice but in soldat..............................
gr <SS>general von klinkerhoffen

Zero72
July 2, 2005, 1:37 pm
I don't see what impact 2D or 3D has on it...

Goofy_92
July 2, 2005, 4:16 pm
Nah, not walking, sneaking. Then you can't hear the footstep sound effects. ;)

Michal
July 2, 2005, 4:46 pm
Walking is a good idea. With advantages like a slight boost in accuracy and silent steps it could be useful.

Goofy_92
July 2, 2005, 4:48 pm
*offtopic*
What about a duck jump? You could jump through small holes.

Deleted User
July 2, 2005, 5:25 pm
You dont hear the steps on the ground at all.
Walk doesnt help.
greetz <SS> General von klinkerhoffen

Deleted User
July 2, 2005, 8:30 pm
Yes, but I believe in realistic mode you can see if enemy is behind you. I'm not sure.

And walking would be cool, I say.

Keron Cyst
July 2, 2005, 8:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by FluffyYes, but I believe in realistic mode you can see if enemy is behind you....
You can't. They're invisible.

Unlucky 13
July 3, 2005, 4:51 am
If you were completely silent, it would be useful in realistic, especially against people who rely on sound in realistic (me).
Other than that, it would look cool and I say support.

Deleted User
July 3, 2005, 10:23 am
Walking would be good in realistic, but i dont like that suggestion.

Deleted User
July 3, 2005, 5:48 pm
Why?

zyxstand
July 3, 2005, 10:37 pm
wow that's the greatest idea yet!
All games have walking in it - this would definitely make it a cooler game!

TIR_Blade
July 3, 2005, 11:27 pm
God damn, soldat's not Nike...it isn't there to make people look cool, it's there to be used...so play the game, for any reason that u want to be silent or aim better, Crouch...otherwise, IT"S A GAME, so play it. MM's definitely got better things to add and improve in soldat then to frigen walk...suggestions like these are pointless and infuriating...

Vanana
July 4, 2005, 4:12 am
quote:Originally posted by TIR_BladeGod damn, soldat's not Nike...it isn't there to make people look cool, it's there to be used...so play the game, for any reason that u want to be silent or aim better, Crouch...otherwise, IT"S A GAME, so play it. MM's definitely got better things to add and improve in soldat then to frigen walk...suggestions like these are pointless and infuriating...

a simple "no, not needed" is enough :P

btw i like the idea, wether useful or not, maybe i would use it!

Captain Ben
July 4, 2005, 4:23 am
I'd use it, as long as he looked like he was bouncing to music...

zyxstand
July 6, 2005, 1:48 pm
i mean this should be used like (example) in a real/survival game, when everyone died but you and you have the enemy's flag and your about to cap, a few feet away from your flag, you start walking real cool or something....most games have it though its usually totally unnecessary for the game...but walking slowly would be really cool

Veronica
July 7, 2005, 9:32 pm
Eh you walk in games such as EQ2 and WoW to get the "I'm a model" feeling. In Soldat you look plainly ugly, no one would see you walk cause of the 2d view and it would just be retarded if a soldat suddenly starts to walk in the middle of a war just to grief someone. You can duck sneak, thats enough afaik

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 3:32 pm
i think i get your point