( search forums )
Punishments Galore
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Rambo_6
July 1, 2005, 12:30 am
Here's an idea, which is currently being used in counter strike. It's a fun way to punish an idiot on your team who sin't playing fair. the jist of this is to make punishing idiots/TKers/tards/nubs as fun as possible for the victim (and admins alike)

If you are Team Killed/harrased/whatever by a player for X number (admin can specify) of times, you should be able to:

1. Drug him (makes the walk / shoot/ reload buttons all rearrage for X rounds)
2. Ignite him (slowly burns him to death for X rounds)
3. Take his gun away (for X rounds he cannot hold a gun)
4. Gimp him (When he tries to press the chat button, his character says random, weird things, like "A GIMP IS FOREVER, NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS" or "IT PUTS THE LOTION ON ITS SKIN". This should last for 5 minutes. When gimped you also cannot crouch. This is a good idea for punishing spammers.)
5.Ground him (he can't jet for X rounds)
6.Freeze him (he can't walk for X rounds.)
7. Limit his gun choices (Lets you choose what gun he has to use for X rounds. This could be funny as well.)

I'm open for any other suggestions. These punishments would make games with friendly fire a possibility, since you would think twice about bothering teammates.

Zero72
July 2, 2005, 1:39 pm
It would be abused heavily. You weren't fast enough to return the flag? HOLY CRAP YOU'RE ON FIRE.

Not to mention, there isn't much logic to making teammates less efficient.

blackdevil0742
July 2, 2005, 2:04 pm
Poor Rambo_6 did you fall on your head or sumthing? This is one of the most stupid things that will prolly never going happen. Bravo for the creativity :D

thelizno
July 2, 2005, 2:44 pm
This wouldn't work well with soldat.
lmao @ blackdevils comment :)

Goofy_92
July 2, 2005, 4:13 pm
Yes. I really, really hate n00bs and such things.
We must punish them! >:()

Keron Cyst
July 2, 2005, 5:50 pm
Heh, maybe only apply it to the U13 servers? But even then, all server admins will feel tempted to misuse a punishment xD

Rambo_6
July 2, 2005, 9:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zero72It would be abused heavily. You weren't fast enough to return the flag? HOLY CRAP YOU'RE ON FIRE.

Not to mention, there isn't much logic to making teammates less efficient.

The only time you can use this feature is if you've been Team Killed by a team member. Admins should reserve these punishments for when a player is spamming/being a nazi/being an all around d1ckhead.

Maybe an option for reporting admin abuse is in order as well?? XD

AND YES I FELL ON MY HEAD.

Yukwunhang
July 2, 2005, 11:40 pm
I'll just rejoin, or leave the server.

Rambo_6
July 3, 2005, 5:26 am
Well wouldn't rejoining everytime you teamkill or act like an arse become a nuisance? I beleive so! Plus, rejoining the server wouldn't do anything. the admin could still get you, since he knows who you are.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED ;)