( search forums )
a weapon idea( LOGICAL!)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
July 1, 2005, 2:47 pm
i was thinking, maybe a gametype where people whould use only melee weapons, like crowbars, baseballbats, nunchucks,sticks,swords and stuff! of course each one has its own programming and unique animation,i dont think it will be that hard! I call MELEE!

MOFO NOFO
July 1, 2005, 8:22 pm
how about playing on advance mode with law and socom taken out, you could also mod the knife and chain to be some of those things. problem solved.

Koon
July 1, 2005, 10:00 pm
the hardest part about making a mode like this would be having variety. the knife is short ranged 1 hit kill that can also be thrown, the chainsaw is a 1 hit kill with longer range. i cant think of much more ways to modify melee weapons to give them advantages over these.

Keron Cyst
July 2, 2005, 6:17 am
You can smack enemies with the back of any weapon if you get close enough. Go ahead, try it in a test Teammatch with bots & Friendly Fire.

Deleted User
July 2, 2005, 9:10 am
quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOhow about playing on advance mode with law and socom taken out, you could also mod the knife and chain to be some of those things. problem solved.

U didnt understand him. He dont want to do it by himself , if he wanted he could did it. But he want it as a part of game. Optionaly game mode ....now u understand ???

Btw. I dont know about this ... little weird suggestion. :D

Deleted User
July 2, 2005, 11:59 am
Nah.

papasurf31
July 2, 2005, 12:10 pm
Hello, your name is inigo Montoya, your idea sucks, prepare to die. :)

Deleted User
July 2, 2005, 12:51 pm
YES thats a good idea i like knuckleduster/basebalbat/etc.
gr general von klinkerhoffen

Deleted User
July 2, 2005, 6:36 pm
No no no no you dont understand! i am not talking about editing i am talking about new weapons! different variables different attack animations different range!

Keron Cyst
July 2, 2005, 8:55 pm
Wait for the next version, then. A weapon editor will be included that can actually modify weapon attributes.

archaus
July 3, 2005, 12:46 am
I personally dont think a weapon editor would do it, the problem really is that your gostek is an absolute slug at close range. What they really need to do is make your dude dive at your opponet whenever he swings with anything melee-ish (except knife, that already has a long range attack). It's the same thing they did in halo and it worked increadibly well and there's a good chance it'll work for soldat. It would only have to move your gostek about 1.5 cm on the screen and if he ends being prone it probably won't be overly dangerous.

Deleted User
July 3, 2005, 9:57 am
weapon editor? thats what they say all the time!

lastpatriot
July 3, 2005, 12:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31Hello, your name is inigo Montoya, your idea sucks, prepare to die. :)

Never fight a land war in Asia.

BManx2000
July 3, 2005, 3:56 pm
Inconceivable!

Deleted User
July 3, 2005, 6:27 pm
anyway i personaly think that Mical should forget all of he suggestions and focus more on teh weapon balance.i dont have a problem with snipers and stuff.what i hate is all these "soldiers" and all these "master chief" and "D4rth Vada" running with you holding the m79 and blowing your head off, thats what i hate

-TomPenny-
July 3, 2005, 6:34 pm
weapons are nicely balanced.. except the bink.. some other weapons should have it to.. other than that.. nice balance..