( search forums )
Need help setting up my own server
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
mlt
July 1, 2005, 4:32 pm
I'm running my own dedicated server.

My problem is that me and my clanmates cant join the server if it's full (is there some way admins to join even when the server is full?), and the other problem is that we get kicked from our own server very often =)

I added my own, and my friends IP's to the server admin list, but it seems to have no effect, we still look like regular players.

Any help?

Keron Cyst
July 1, 2005, 5:50 pm
What do you mean, "look like regular players?" If you mean any changes should appear on the F1 Kill List to indicate that you're a server admin, nothing happens. You must remember who's an admin.

mlt
July 2, 2005, 10:47 am
No I meant we are not really admins, I have been banned from my own server :)

I think the problem is that my both computers are behind NAT, and I'm using my other computer to host, and the other to play.. Both are using the same public IP, the IP is listed in remote admins but it just wont recognize me as an admin :(

BTW. is there a way to keep one team just for the admins, so that no-one except admins can join delta squad for example? :)

Keron Cyst
July 3, 2005, 7:10 am
Ouch, that sucks. I can't help you there, sorry.

quote:Originally posted by mlt... is there a way to keep one team just for the admins, so that no-one except admins can join delta squad for example?...

Nope, you'll just have to force-move anyone who joins Delta team (forgot the exact command; it's in the manual).

thelizno
July 3, 2005, 5:05 pm
that would be the /SETTEAMx playernumber - command if you are to lazy to look into it.
i like your ideas thou, you make want to add some of them onto the "Game improvements / suggestions"-area. :)

EDIT:
also 'x' in SETTEAM is for teamnumber.. where 0 is spectator, 1 alpha and so on.

FliesLikeABrick
July 3, 2005, 5:23 pm
/setteamX Y

X is the team number, Y is the player number

As for the other issues with adminning, what router do you have, and did you set up port forwarding for the server?

mlt
July 3, 2005, 5:26 pm
Well one more question, how can I disable map voting? Or at least define what maps can be voted?

mlt
July 3, 2005, 11:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrick/setteamX Y
As for the other issues with adminning, what router do you have, and did you set up port forwarding for the server?I finally got it working, the problem was that when I joined my own server with the public IP, my IP was the same as the servers. But when I joined my server with the servers LAN ip, it also identified me on my LAN ip.

quote:Originally posted by thelizno
i like your ideas thou, you make want to add some of them onto the "Game improvements / suggestions"-area. :)This would be a nice feature for clans that run public servers, if they want to be only on the same side and dont like to have strangers on their side ;)

Keron Cyst
July 4, 2005, 2:12 am
"Disabling map voting" (not exactly; that's what the quotes are for): set 101% or higher for the vote requirement percent xD

FliesLikeABrick
July 4, 2005, 4:17 am
and if you still want to have it enabled but limit what maps they can vote, just remove take the maps out of the maps folder.... put them inside a subfolder or something

Denacke
July 4, 2005, 5:00 pm
As for your admin problem:
You should be able to join your own server when your IP is adminned, even if your IP is banned or if the server is full.

If I get it right, this is the situation:

Internal network:
-Server
-Client pc (soldat)

If you want the client PC to have admins, store the internal IP-adress (start -> run -> cmd -> ipconfig) in remote.txt