( search forums )
CTF_Greyyard
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
DesFS
July 1, 2005, 7:23 pm
(I dunno if the name ctf_yard was taken, so I named it ctf_greyyard just in case. Hopefully that isn't taken either.)

CTF_Greyyard
By: Des[FS]
Credits: 2 sceneries were used from another map. The map was based on the cs map for deagles...I think it was ctf_csdeagles.

NOTES: 3rd map I've done and released. Map is waypointed, but the bots sometimes get stuck. I haven't had the time to fix it. But they work decently enough. Originally this map was supposed to be based on a deathmatch map from HL: Opposing Force, but I got carried away and now we have a CTF. I'll let the screens do the talking now.

LINK: http://www.vcn.bc.ca/~sumo/ctf_greyyard.zip

SCREENS:
(Images have a poor resolution; JPG's look terrible when saved in paint)

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Tell me what u think about this map. Also, if someone wants to tweak/redo the waypoints, feel free to do so. Just make sure to send the re-waypointed file to me, so I can update the zip. If someone wants to play around with the scenery, feel free to do so. Just don't say u made the map after u changed a few sceneries.

...there is no way in hell I can compete with Soap's maps, so don't compare his maps to mine. Mine is on much lower level.

- Des[FS]

Deleted User
July 1, 2005, 9:10 pm
looks nice.. i would love to waypoint the map but i'm busy lately..

Keron Cyst
July 2, 2005, 12:54 am
If only you could actually utilize the ladders. Nice work!

Michal
July 2, 2005, 2:34 am
I think the layout would make for a challenging game, but if statguns are enabled it could be made easier for the team that uses them. The background colours are nice and it's good to see another symmetrical map that isn't mirrored.

Maxx
July 2, 2005, 4:17 am
Very different(in an awesome way) layout.

Even though it's just grey, the good shading makes up for it.

And the open roof isn't really necessary.

Goofy_92
July 2, 2005, 10:17 am
The layout is good, but the shading and the colors...
You can use more colors, can't you? :P

Avarax
July 2, 2005, 10:19 am
layout looks really unique, u should have send this to the esl mapping contest, now its to late. u used my scenery, u evil boy!!!!!11!1

DesFS
July 2, 2005, 7:45 pm
Goofy_92: Lol. Next version, I'll try to add colors. Suggestions would be nice though.
Avarax: Lol. So it was u! Haha. I'll add u to the credits.

sbu-spyvin
July 5, 2005, 2:25 pm
U used to many times Mapmaker + paintthing make the polygons not double than it will look better ;)

DesFS
July 28, 2005, 11:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by sbu-spyvinU used to many times Mapmaker + paintthing make the polygons not double than it will look better ;)

Me no understand ur english.

Soap
July 29, 2005, 12:24 am
This is a very nice map. Well thought out.

Rambo_6
July 29, 2005, 3:02 am
It looks bigger in the overview :D

Nice look, but i have one suggestion...

Note that both the inside edges are white. This may look good, and i'm not saying it doesn't, but when you look at 2 things in the sun, they both have one side (either left or right) that is dark, and one which is bright. Therefore, if your map were to have that sort of shading, one side would have a left or right side which is bright, and one which is dark, and the other would correspond. I hope that makes sense :P

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 29, 2005, 3:20 am
I imagine there will be much death in the middle of that map.

VodkaZombie
July 29, 2005, 3:30 am
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixI imagine there will be much death in the middle of that map.

Its a pretty big map so its probably going to be evened out.

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 11:45 am
Looks nice. I like this map.

DesFS
July 30, 2005, 6:36 am
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 It looks bigger in the overview :D

Nice look, but i have one suggestion...

Note that both the inside edges are white. This may look good, and i'm not saying it doesn't, but when you look at 2 things in the sun, they both have one side (either left or right) that is dark, and one which is bright. Therefore, if your map were to have that sort of shading, one side would have a left or right side which is bright, and one which is dark, and the other would correspond. I hope that makes sense :P

Yep. I c what ur saying. I might change it for the next version, although it depends on how it will look overall. Thanks for the suggestion.

papasurf31
July 30, 2005, 2:28 pm
Full Metal Panic roxorz my boxorz. And, the map is nice too. Although having the stat guns so close to each other is lame.