( search forums )
Totally Insane Idea
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Keron Cyst
July 2, 2005, 5:22 pm
When you roll, have the whole screen "roll" with you; make the whole interface, map screen (that your soldat's seeing), all images, just the whole monitor rotate whenever you roll, and just real quickly, as fast as you roll. This could be a checkbox in Options.

FliesLikeABrick
July 2, 2005, 6:15 pm
sounds like a good way to make someone motion sick/annoyed at the game.. im not sure who would want to use this. it will do nothing but completely disorient you, so that when you stop rolling you have to relocate any enemies/friendlies on the screen again, and there is a good chance you'll be dead soon thereafter

b00stA
July 2, 2005, 6:19 pm
Do not push this idea off to realistic mode.
Thanks.

Deleted User
July 2, 2005, 6:39 pm
see you have to factor in the health factors...some ppl could get disoreinted and sick like FLAB said and some ppl have epilepsy and it could cause them to have seziures.

Goofy_92
July 2, 2005, 6:53 pm
How about the screen would "follow" your player's head? Even when you're dead.

Keron Cyst
July 2, 2005, 8:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrick... there is a good chance you'll be dead soon thereafter

Just like in real life! xP And I didn't even think this idea would actually be approved. Like I said quite a while back, there should be an Unrealistic game mode (I had some other ideas to put in there).

FliesLikeABrick
July 3, 2005, 4:04 am
but in real life the world doesnt spin around you when you roll. you face the same direction when you come up again, and it is in 3d, real life. your inner ear helps you coordinate everything and you always know exacly where everything is, whereas in this 2d sideview environment, you're totally lost.

it isn't realistic, and don't make me write you a novel explaining why it isnt

Keron Cyst
July 3, 2005, 7:03 am
I know it's unrealistic, but that's why I said there should be an Unrealistic Mode. So pessimistic; I was definitely expecting more "rofl" than that, even tho' it won't be implemented...

SPARTAN_III
July 3, 2005, 2:19 pm
"rofl"

the unrealistic mode sems good, but i don't like the rolling idea.

Raptor
July 3, 2005, 11:59 pm
I don't like this idea because this would be really, REALLY annoying (I really mean this!)

Deleted User
July 4, 2005, 12:21 pm
Lol ! Nice try. Sounds fun ^^
I'd like it Optional. :)

Alamo
July 4, 2005, 1:59 pm
you name it, it's totally insane.

Deleted User
July 5, 2005, 4:57 pm
awesome!1

Hoodlum
July 5, 2005, 6:02 pm
Sounds good if you want someone to get motion sickness.

Tbh, if I tried it I would get sick of it VERY fast as it would be annoying.

Vanana
July 5, 2005, 6:57 pm
lool
funny that ppl is liking te idea...
even though i dont :P

Deleted User
July 6, 2005, 9:10 am
lol yeah, i can see it now. roll kill some one, jump, roll kill some one, roll, feel sick, roll throw up, roll callapse off chair (optional to idiots) sue the big almighty M for ever using the idea. no i think wed do the world a favour by completly ignoreing this idea

Captain Ben
July 6, 2005, 11:33 am
quote:Originally posted by Goofy_92How about the screen would "follow" your player's head? Even when you're dead.

That doesn't sound half-bad, but only as an option.

paramud
July 6, 2005, 12:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickbut in real life the world doesnt spin around you when you roll.

But in real life, you cant only go left right up and down and you arent only a centimeter high!