( search forums )
What do you use to mod gosteks and weapon gfx?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
Deleted User
July 3, 2005, 5:03 pm
Hi guys, some of you guys do awsome work modding the weapons and gosteks. Im curious to how you reach the level of detail that you do,im using paint and all my weapons come out looking horrible, theres not enough pixels to make some serious changes like you guys are doing. So whats the trick? Do you make the weapons way bigger? Do you use a different program? Thanks for the help.

Deleted User
July 3, 2005, 5:24 pm
the most used thing is "ms paint"

post your work so we can guide you.

upload pics at www.imageshack.us

Deleted User
July 3, 2005, 6:37 pm
Will do when I get home from work. Thanks for the reply.

Deleted User
July 3, 2005, 6:47 pm
I use MS paint for all of Mine.

Goofy_92
July 3, 2005, 6:50 pm
Yes, I think that the ol' Microsoft Paint is the best to do a mod. ;)

Deleted User
July 3, 2005, 6:53 pm
And make cool sigs ;)

Keron Cyst
July 4, 2005, 2:11 am
Paint's totally easy for editing weapon-gfx (interface is a bit harder). For bullets and other images with no green transparency I just change the color with IrfanView :-P

SPARTAN_III
July 8, 2005, 4:54 pm
*glances around shiftily* i find a decent pic and resize it, then add green around it. *scoots away before anyone has the chance to flame me*

btw, weapons in the interface dont need to be the same size as default. i think they just need to be under 1MB.

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 6:28 pm
you can download paint shop pro (google it), although i use ms paint for 99 percent of all my work.

Deleted User
July 9, 2005, 5:07 pm
Aww....MSPaint, I cant use that program for shiytt...lol. I do all my work with photoshop, and it comes out pretty decent. I dunno about MS Paint tho..lol

~JC

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 3:52 am
I use Game Maker's iamge editor, its way better than paint because it supports animations and can renader cool efects like gradients and transparency, And it supports transparency unlike ms paint...

Zero72
July 29, 2005, 9:07 am
All of my mods are children of MS Paint and myself.

... I mean... whoa.

July 29, 2005, 10:27 am
Never resize, it will loook all evil and pixelated. MS paint is a good tool for the gosteks and gfx, but for interface, photoshop isn't too shabby. If you wanna go for angled pics, like a picture from the barrel point of view, get 3ds max and make models.

wunderbear
July 29, 2005, 2:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by 117Never resize, it will loook all evil and pixelated. MS paint is a good tool for the gosteks and gfx, but for interface, photoshop isn't too shabby. If you wanna go for angled pics, like a picture from the barrel point of view, get 3ds max and make models.

*raises eyebrows*

Pixelated? Reaallly?!

:)

Keron Cyst
July 30, 2005, 2:38 am
Yeah, you haven't tried resizing an image before?

@Zero72: *rofl* xD

mickle89
July 31, 2005, 4:51 am
FOZ's gostek editor for editing gosteks.

July 31, 2005, 12:49 pm
@ romen: We don't rlly need anims for soldat....

- Tek -
August 1, 2005, 10:24 pm
For paint you need to make your own colors, I usually get about 10 shades of one colors, then paint it in my large modding pciture, then make new colors. Then I have a little pallete that I can use the color copy tool to take colors. So far I've really just got a long set of colors from black to white.

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 11:02 am
well how do you start making it do you just go to paint and make the guns or what
if you have msn pleaz add me
folcons_3@hotmail.com

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 11:27 am
quote:Originally posted by Outbreak9well how do you start making it do you just go to paint and make the guns or what

Yeah, just edit the weapons and save them. That's it.

August 12, 2005, 1:11 pm
But remember kiddies, always save backups and don't (Please refrain from swearing)ing exceed the size limit of 1kb. Also don't make the (Please refrain from swearing)ing file too (Please refrain from swearing)ing big, so use the original (Please refrain from swearing)ing guns as a (Please refrain from swearing)ing comparison.

Sorry for the swearing, im just pissed today.

SPARTAN_III
August 16, 2005, 7:36 am
^^ its one (Please refrain from swearing)ing MB not KB

dont draw over the originals.

kylerlandry
August 16, 2005, 7:54 am
Resizing isn't that bad I do it and then just draw in whatever details got obscured or taken out in the process. And then darken it and outline it. Other people think it looks fine too.

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 6:11 am
ok so i save it to soldat???