( search forums )
what soldat really needs...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
-TomPenny-
July 3, 2005, 6:21 pm
soldat needs ammo packs.. yes i know this was mentioned a 100 times now.. but still.. nothing happened.. weird isnt it? ^^
The almighty beta testers should test out the respawn rate of an ammo pack given at respawn.. so there wont be any big changes..
also.. this would prevent camping, spraying etc. all in all less whine :)
although the ammo packs should contain a limited amount of ammo and when you run out of bullets and a guy with the same gun infront of you dies.. you could pick up his gun and gain his ammo.. and so on and so on.. furthermore.. the secondary weapons (ussocom) would be limited to the same stuff as primary, as for the law and knife + chainsaw you could leave them be.. maybe add a bink effect to law and knife as you added it to the barret and m79.. (now ppl camp more with law's than with barrets). i am sure that this would bring much greater pleasure to the playing of soldat and might as well bring back some players who have quit. I also have something to say about the "new" maps, or better yet the remade maps (b2b).. for instance.. the main topic of the forum discussion was the barret camping.. (you know its true). so.. why do you add new camping spots to the "new" maps (b2b) and maps just inviting players to sit in a bush and drink a cup of tea while their at it.. strange.. isnt it? ^^ ah yes.. another issue about the CTF mode.. i think that the player that caries the flag should be slowed down a bit.. like 90% of the top speed + cant jump that much + less jet fuel.. this is just an idea.. the almighty beta testers should really test this one out to be sure. Ah.. another thing.. the stat. guns.. well.. players were bursting with joy when the stat. guns were added.. now i hardly see a server which has them = 1 ^^ quite a dumb add of game options dont you think? ^^ furthermore.. the minigun.. it has been used for speeding up to get to the enemy base.. why dont you add a F-21 jet in the game as well? would save us a great amout of nerves and lag.. minigun should be deleted.. and replaced with a machinegun + granade launcher.. ok enough of my ideas, i'll probobly get flamed for even posting and after that called a whining camper noob + barretard :| and in the end ill take blame for everything.. ok.. been there done that.. i can take it :)
A special msg to Michal: You look sexy on that picture :** <3

Liquidus
July 3, 2005, 9:37 pm
Hopefully this is added to the new version it would make soldat more realistic and more strategy.i like the idea

KeFear
July 3, 2005, 10:30 pm
NO! don't add bink to anymore weapons.. maybe more bink to autos. I would like that.

TIR_Blade
July 3, 2005, 10:31 pm
Ammo=Agree if done right
Remade maps=agree with u, bad edit on those :P
Slower Flagger=Already done...You can still jump as far, and run like 98% of the speed but when u try boosting you can't go QUITE as far as a person without a flag...Not too big a difference but still.
Statgun=I'm happy it ain't being used :P(pretty much another camping method)
Minigun=DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE SURFING FOR GODS SAKES!
and lastly, ur a whining camper noob + barretard.

Deleted User
July 3, 2005, 11:02 pm
What Soldat really needs is a cutback on suggestions like these.

-TomPenny-
July 3, 2005, 11:36 pm
dude.. i know what im talking about.. so please.. zip it.

Raptor
July 4, 2005, 12:01 am
I really like the ammo packs idea... It will make soldat a more realistic game!

Michal
July 4, 2005, 12:12 am
Limited ammo would be good as a server option, I would definitely use it. But I don't like the idea of ammo packs, it would motivate people to camp by those spawns. I think the best way to implement limited ammo would be to simply be issued a certain amount of ammo when spawning (the amount would be determined by the approximate number of possible kills. Then if you run out of ammo just pick up someone elses weapon along with their ammo, or it should be possible to add to your ammo by running over a weapon of the same type. I think this would add a survivalist aspect to the game.

TIR_Blade
July 4, 2005, 12:14 am
Maybe make it an option....Limited ammo, then u kill some1, and u take their ammo...Once u run outta ammo, either use secondary or pick up some1 elses. Starting to really like it :)

-TomPenny-
July 4, 2005, 12:22 am
hmm yes.. but imagine.. CTF you have their flag and youre out of ammo.. ^^ well.. to avoid camping on packs.. there could be a random ammo pack spawn.. that could be useful.. besides.. camping cant be avoided..maybe if michal set a 30s limit for total unmovement (only barret and law) and then you would be respawned again.. or maybe even better 20s.. dunno.. the almighty beta testers should try it out.. i have zillions of ideas about how to fix soldat.. but the question is.. will Michal listen.. I think not.

_Mancer_
July 4, 2005, 12:26 am
quote:Originally posted by MichalLimited ammo would be good as a server option

Agree.

Keron Cyst
July 4, 2005, 2:07 am
quote:Originally posted by KeFearNO! don't add bink to anymore weapons.. maybe more bink to autos. I would like that.
That would probably make spraying worse xD

Green Barret
July 4, 2005, 9:04 am
quote:Originally posted by -TomPenny-soldat needs ammo packs.. yes i know this was mentioned a 100 times now.. but still.. nothing happened.. weird isnt it? ^^

- Not everyone likes it(duh).

- Yes I do agree with adding bink to law(just a bit). But for knives it's not needed. The knife has a difficult curve that makes it hard to use beyond point blank range. Adding bink to it would only create more angry players.

- The only things maps should be edited of is poly bugs. Everything else is fine. Remove 'camping' spots? Why? Because you get annoyed by people hiding there? Kill them - problem solved! No need to remove them unless you want maps looking like the ones from 1.0.5b(= ugly, empty).

- About minigun: it only needs to be tweaked. No need to remove the whole thing. Reduce the push it creates - there! Much better! Oh and people spamming with it and lagging the server? Why not make a new option that limits the amount a certain weapon can be used at a time? Limit the minigun count to 1 per team - less lag!

Rethink your ideas please.

MOFO NOFO
July 4, 2005, 10:17 am
they shouldent let anyone who joined AFTER 25th of april(raptor and the other newbs who wanted ammo PACKS) make suggesgions.

The limited ammo is ok. also Green Barret, the law DOES have bink.

-TomPenny-
July 4, 2005, 11:40 am
^^ i hope you dont mean me.. (about making suggestions)
been playing this game for such a long time..

Atybrc
July 4, 2005, 11:52 am
2MOFO NOFO ahaha u have 388 posts and u pro hasu? :)
ye... u skilled

2Tom Penny good idea, i suport it

Deleted User
July 4, 2005, 12:13 pm
I agree with all !!!

Btw: Times change ? COz I suggested limited ammo before ...but all just said : Go T0 H3LL !!! U DAMN chEaP SUCKy daMN CS ! gO plAY COUnTer StrIke.

Deleted User
July 4, 2005, 12:54 pm
Your post wasn't very readable. It was all squeezed into one big pile of text. But whatever, I don't like the limited ammo suggestion. ''this would prevent camping'' How in the world this could prevent camping? Yes, it would prevent spraying very much. But CAMPING? I don't undestand.

Also, Soldat isn't supposed to be a very realistic game. I like realism in some parts of this game, but not like this.

More bink to LAW and knife? Nope. It's good like this.

Lesser camping spots? Nope. Camping is a part of every game.

Slow down the flag carrier? Nope. It would feel stupid if the FC would have lesser jet and worse jump. Think about it.

And I agree with Green Barret with the minigun thingie.

Whatever.

-TomPenny-
July 4, 2005, 12:58 pm
well.. i would never compare soldat to CS (i played CS 2x in my life).
Only games i have on my comp are Soldat ET and now GTA:SA. Soldat is still the first one. This changes are a must! If not the soldat community will be too competive (getting like that for quite some time now). It aint about having fun anymore.. it's just.. who ownz who.. who plays with which gun and who plays lame and who "doesnt".. to take this hostile edge off soldat's back.. Michal could inplant these features in the game. And besides.. where have you seen a game with unlimited ammo? Even the games i used to play on my 386 comp had a limit. And for the "server option" only.. well.. is the barret/m79 bink a server option? ^^ Or better.. can you host a normal serv and set the bink off? No. Play it fair, or dont play at all.

-TomPenny-
July 4, 2005, 1:02 pm
Fluffy ^^ it would prevent camping. Some campers stay at one spot for like 2-3min untill they get killed.. so.. 2 rounds for barret x 10 bullets = 20 bullets.. i shoot that out in 2mins or so.. when they run out.. they dont have anything to camp with.. therefor.. it would prevent camping.
As for the flagger.. a flag IRL has its weight = harder to run with etc.

Maxx
July 4, 2005, 2:45 pm
I don't like any of these ideas.

MOFO NOFO
July 4, 2005, 3:14 pm
ive had 1/2 of my posts cut and also, i only post alot in bashpit, you dudder head.

TomPenny, USE THE DAMN EDIT BUTTON IT LOOKS LIKE THIS [IMAGE]

-TomPenny-
July 4, 2005, 4:07 pm
hehe youre a funny guy.. yet i ask myself.. is it really worth making a fool out of yourself just to be noticed? or even.. to look cool?.. i think not. enjoy the rest of the day.

Deleted User
July 4, 2005, 4:18 pm
I dont like it. That ammopacks. If you weapon is empty/Break to the enemy's/ Take a ammo pack/ And go furter. Thats a lot to do. I dont like it,.

Gr general von klinkerhoffen

-TomPenny-
July 4, 2005, 4:27 pm
dont spray so much ^^

Keron Cyst
July 4, 2005, 5:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFO... the law DOES have bink.
What? No, it doesn't :-/ If it does, then hardly any (as compared to the SR)...

wunderbear
July 4, 2005, 6:22 pm
Bah! Limited Ammo? What moonshine have you been drinking?

I much prefer unlimited ammo. I don't have to worry about running out in the middle of firefight. (Besides, i reload after every shot! How much ammo would i lose!)

Okay idea though, i guess. For more tactical people.

*Minigun-surfs*

*binks LAW at enemy*

Nuts
July 4, 2005, 8:29 pm
I also like the idea of ammo packs!

But for making it more fun, you get 10 ammos when you start.

Zegovia
July 4, 2005, 9:11 pm
Yeah the ammo clip/pack thingie does sound intresting. and how about adding so the guns can jam?.... :D

But i dunno about the CTF thing, how about that you cant use your weapon when having the flag instead? :/

dude
July 6, 2005, 7:44 pm
that would lead to very low ending scores unless the team was big and gaurd at all times.

-TomPenny-
July 6, 2005, 9:31 pm
lol :D even so.. if it happened (i highly doubt it).. who plays for points? ^^

Keron Cyst
July 7, 2005, 12:43 am
This is going off-topic...

I do, but although I almost always go CTF, I'd rather kill than cap.

Deleted User
July 7, 2005, 10:46 am
You know what? im sick of you! sick OF ALL YOU! Campers are noobs and m79 are noobies and (Please refrain from swearing)!! i agree with the ammo pack but I HATE PEOPLE CALLING CAMPERS NOOBS BARRETARDS AND STUFF! EVERYBODY PLAYS THE WAY HE WANTS SO STOP FRIGGIN WHINING ABOUT IT!! ITS JUST A GAME FOR CHRIST SAKES!! YOU FRIGGIN "l33t" wanna be geeks!!!

Deleted User
July 7, 2005, 1:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by -TomPenny- This changes are a must! Yeah, so are aeroplanes and plasma rifles.

quote:Originally posted by -TomPenny- Fluffy ^^ it would prevent camping. Mmh, it would probably prevent lag, teamkilling and non-rambo killing, too.

Deleted User
July 7, 2005, 3:04 pm
send it to reallistic mode...

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 3:33 pm
yeah... like its ever going to happen

A.L.blackhawk
July 9, 2005, 12:10 am
LOL, well it sounds like an alright idea, but it will have to be an option.

Splinter Cell
July 9, 2005, 7:00 pm
Yea, the ammo thing should only be implemented in Real mode, it wouldnt be much fun if you were about to kill someone and ran out of ammo. The Flag Carrier shouldnt have any disadvantages, as they will be the one the enemy will most likely go after

Jello
July 10, 2005, 7:57 am
You say this will make Soldat "fun" again, because its obviously not fun now, I guess. But I don't see how the addition of extra bull to deal with will make the game any more fun, just complicated. It's a very roundabout solution to a problem that doesn't really matter.

Captain Ben
July 10, 2005, 8:55 am
quote:Originally posted by KamikaziCowWhat Soldat really needs is a cutback on suggestions like these.

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 10:57 am
coaster man does not like this idea! coaster man is overly generous with his ammo! running out would frustrate coaster man!

-TomPenny-
July 10, 2005, 2:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by -TomPenny-dont spray so much ^^

and it would be more fun.. i dunno how many bullets do you need to kill a guy but.. a good setting of ammo on respawn would sure seal the deal. :P

The @venger
July 10, 2005, 7:11 pm
ammo packs? *BARF*

Green Barret
July 11, 2005, 8:12 am
Wait... doesn't limited ammo reduce sprayers, not campers? Now wit this option everyone would be holding barrets!

Green Barret
July 11, 2005, 8:13 am
Wait... doesn't limited ammo reduce sprayers, not campers? Now with this option everyone would be holding barrets!

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 4:56 pm
DOUBLE POST N00B!!!!!!!1ยจ'

Just kidding.

And yes, you're right, Greenie.

UltraMagnus
July 12, 2005, 10:39 am
i dont like this idea, it would take away the fast paced feel of soldat, it might by good for realistic mode though

-TomPenny-
July 12, 2005, 1:15 pm
then atleast bink the autos as the barret/m79 is. after barret was binked everyone started spraying.. so that didnt bring anything good. ^^

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 6:17 pm
I agree with Magnus, but maybe an option would be better?

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 9:30 pm
riiiight...im outta heeeer!

UltraMagnus
July 12, 2005, 10:13 pm
oh and one question, what is "bink"?

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 9:30 am
''bink'' is called when you hit someone, his aim gets worse. You can see it when your cursor gets bigger.

UltraMagnus
July 13, 2005, 9:43 am
ah ok

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 7:46 pm
Not a prob...

-Claw-
July 15, 2005, 4:05 pm
Hmm, i like this actually, but maybe like: For each kill, you get 30-65% ammo of full ammo capacity of weapon you are weilding.. Sure it is that weapons with less ammo capacity gets more % than with much capacity (think about 30% of 4, and 65% of 200 >_>)