( search forums )
Nice dodges
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Deleted User
July 3, 2005, 6:53 pm
I was playing HH, DM style, and this guy with barret ran into me in that tunnel in the top of the area, where it leads to that big place. Anyways, I jumped above, he shot the gun right where I was a millisecond before. I blasted him to hell with M79. Nice.

But it continues. Just a moment later, two guys ran into me. Both from the other sides. My weapon wasn't even close to be reloaded. They both had knives. Then, a scene from the Project X came to my mind. I hit the prone button. They both threw their knives. And killed each other. I went nuts.

Fluffy: OMG I AM THE PAWN!!!!!!

Knifeguy #1: shut up

Barretguy: lagged...

Knifeguy #2: wiseass

So, has something like this never happened to you?

Deleted User
July 4, 2005, 8:57 am
Once i dodget a barret bullet, i ran in middle of ctf_run with flag. Then i had this weird feling "PRONE". Just when i pushed X teh bullet flyied over me.

In DM i usually do m79 jumps and luckly sometimes dodge a barret or m79 bullet...

Green Barret
July 4, 2005, 9:06 am
Proning in mid air at the right time works a lot on public servers. It's simple yet it works and feels awesome.

Deleted User
July 4, 2005, 11:06 am
It especially works great in ctf_Kampf, when you're going trying to get to the flag from above. Even the most of the snipers can't hit you.

Koon
July 4, 2005, 8:19 pm
I really wish you had a screenshot of the two guys killing each other with knives.

karmazon
July 4, 2005, 8:26 pm
Yesterday in Anna's server we were playing some weird map and MofoNofo and Ville were coming at me from both sides in this small tunnel and Ville threw all his granades at me, I jumped up thinking "oh well Im dead" cause the jump wouldn't help but somehow i survived with like 2%, turn around killed MoFoNoFo, stole the flag and then killed Ville. I scored yay :P

xSyneXx
July 5, 2005, 8:17 am
SMACK YOUR PENIS PICHU, SMACK TH-...
Oh sorry. Nice kills.

Zero Wiggles Murasame
July 5, 2005, 10:23 am
I dodged some guy who shot at me with a barret, shot my M79, missed, then naded and flew into the air and knifed him in the ass.

TheRelinquished
July 8, 2005, 7:16 pm
I have to admit, while my favorite kills in the game have to be knife kills, it's gotta be even better when the kills are the result of two people effing up whle aiming for you.

I once had a reputation built up in the CTF servers for being the dodgiest mofo with a shotgun you'd ever seen. Especially in tunnels. I'm known for stalking the lower regions in Equinox, dancing around would-be snipers and mini-n00bs before the infamous shoot-jump-shoot kill with the spas. For some reason getting shot once in the face and then again in the top of the skull never fails to kill a person.

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 5:06 pm
My favourite kills are barret kills, somehow.

It's so cool when you shoot someone in the head with it, flying in mid-air and jet-pissing all over his corpse while he is still falling.

Nice avatar, by the way. Is it from FF9?

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 10:02 pm
I increase my dodge % in mid air while a barret is aiming at me by phroning so that it's harder to hit me, and...it works...sometimes. Usually on ground I perform the roll, high jump, shoot-kill technique.

Shivorken
July 12, 2005, 12:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by TradeMAAKI increase my dodge % in mid air while a barret is aiming at me by phroning so that it's harder to hit me, and...it works...sometimes. Usually on ground I perform the roll, high jump, shoot-kill technique.

That technique is pretty crap ... it just gets more headshots from the front ...

SPARTAN_III
July 12, 2005, 3:28 pm
i jumped over a barret bulled :O

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 12:19 am
Dodged a barret shot today...was flying around and i knew there was a camper on the enemy team, so when i expected him to shoot, i pruned in midair RIGHT before the bugger shot, and the bullet wizzed right over my head. It was great. XDD

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 7:13 am
I did a death match verses all hackers today and still placed first! They sucked!
Although it did take me awhile to kill them, i barely died at all..
I would primarily use desert eagles or spas (depending on how i felt) and just run and gun, while dodgin bullets from all around. (gotta be careful though. They get around fast!)

vash763
July 16, 2005, 8:12 am
i like barreting in proned in the air

Deleted User
July 16, 2005, 5:25 pm
Well, I was in this ctf match vsing a whole team littered with barret n00bs. ctf_Cherynobyl or whatever I beleive. Anyways, there was this one nub with a barret calling ME a n00b and to stfu, so i ran over to him, pruned in midair dodging his barret shot at the very top of the left base, flew up and killed him. Made 236427934 kills like that, with my 1337 dodging and shooting skillz.

Rawr.

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 6:24 pm
I had a not so great dodge after some one else had a good one. 3 of our guys (we were doin ctf_run) and me were runin on the bottom level and this guy comes flyin along. we all shoot at him and he goes prone in midair and dodges every freakin bullit! then he shoots the other 3 guys. I kill him with a knife. then I run across a sniper. I try to do that trick the first guy did. It did'nt work. The guy got a PERFECT headshot on me. OWCH!

sbu-spyvin
July 19, 2005, 8:04 pm
Nice :P.

Sometimes i just run at people that has a knife and just prone at the last sec ;) and then knife that (Please refrain from swearing) :P

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 9:15 pm
Yeah, I know that its fun to fake out knifers. (hehehe) but they can always aim for your feet.. then you are screwed. But a had a "Neo moment" one time when me and my friend were dueling (yes, again (we duel alot!)) and he threw a knife at me an switched to a mp5. I was up in the air. the knife missed (i flew over it) then he starts shootin at me with his mp5 untill it is empty. I dodge EVERY SINGLE BULLIT by going in between the streams of bullits!I dunno how i did it! (must be one of those Matrix "rules" that I can break) SweeT!! then I kill him with a midair shot from a barret. (Step aside, Neo. There is a new "THE ONE" in the house!!) Suddenly I'm feeling the hots for Trinity. (jk lol)

achan1989
July 22, 2005, 5:42 pm
ran out of steyr ammo and was confronted by a knifer. I had no time to switch to knife, so I tried to prone just as they threw their knife - it worked lol, it went sailing over my head (and killed another guy by mistake), switched to knife and dispatched them.. They were so amazed :-D

Deleted User
July 23, 2005, 10:30 am
i was playing inf_outpost, i was defending and guarding the bridge, this group[ of about 5/6 reds came running at me, i shot one with my ruger (head shot), threw my knife killed another, picked up the minimi from the 1st guy and killed the rest, i wasted all of them with no assitance abd came out with sumfin like 3 health, i was then kiked for hacking even tho i dont know how

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 12:10 am
Hey Linkin, Is ur name in reference to the awsome rock band or the old video games?? anyway, I was hosting a server and I had 5-7 people on it. it was a free for all and somehow they all decide to have a war right on my spawnspot. I had 2 Barrets. (I pryed one of them from a dead man's cold, skeletonized fingers) I make it out with about 27 health points and set myself on a hill not too far away. I shoot with the first barret and kill 2 guys. then the fight in crowd starts movin their collective fights my way. i pull out my other Barret and (yes this is toatally true) shot EVERY SINGLE ONE's HEAD OFF!!! With one shot!!! Their heads went all flyin to the left and I did a small victory dance. hehe

Deleted User
July 28, 2005, 1:01 am
nice story... why do u say PAWNED when they both got 1 kill each and u dint get sh*t

Deleted User
July 30, 2005, 9:41 pm
Because it looked so cool and stuff and I survived from all that. And actually, I DID got one point from killing that barret guy.

Deleted User
July 31, 2005, 5:12 pm
this one time i shot that sniper (the one like the awp from counter-strike) and it was about a centimeter away from blowing this dudes head of and it kepy going and hit the guy behind him and killed him lol

- Tek -
August 1, 2005, 6:41 am
I can't really explain any stories since I'm always doing crazy stuff liek this...

But does taking on a whole team in ctf, with jsut a socom (modded as vash colt from trigun XD) and stealing their flag, with the help of mayb e a team mate or two, and some lag, count as a crazy story? I also used berserk for teamkill...

Ummmmm...... I don't know, I tried one of those recorders to recrods my gameplay so I could edit the good stuff out later, but its slowed my games down. Does anyone have somethign beter I could use?

Oh, if anyone has played with me before you may have seen some crazies..

UGK
August 8, 2005, 7:02 am
Yes somthing like that did happen to me once. I was playing FF ctf in Equinox. One guy was camping behind one of those boxes in the corner and the other one was behind me. One shot with Barret and killed his teammate and the other one threw his knife before i ducked and missed his friend. I picked up the knife and killed Barret guy. Then was i went to score, there was a spawner at my base and killed me. He returned the red flag and scored.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 6:24 pm
Let this die already. Even though it's my thread, and it's a good one too, but it's just so old.

And don't you revive anymore topics like this.

UGK
August 9, 2005, 7:28 pm
Y not?........ its a fun topic

The @venger
August 9, 2005, 8:10 pm
well, its old and gray, and im tired of seeing it on top, because ive already read through it a couple of times...

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 11:53 am
Well, if you're going to make a topic titled "Nice dodges" and since theres so many stories on how people amazingly dodge knives or m79 rounds or barret bullets, this topic would be a great way to put it in one place! :D That way we know where it all is and can disregard reading them.

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 12:45 pm
Uhh... maybe we should then sticky this?

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 1:44 pm
Nah. Dodged 35 barret shots today (roughly)

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 1:56 pm
Duh, it was a joke.

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 4:26 pm
My favorite dodges are when you're just ahead of his bullet line and flying towards him, then you just drop a nade on his head.

hippieguy
November 19, 2005, 6:43 am
A moment i had was when i was in a DM server and everyone was either knifing or had a m79. Right when i spawned some random guy pops up and throws a knife at me, but at that moment someone died near me and bullettime went on. I rolled out of the way and threw my knife at his head. You could actually see the knife just barely miss my head and hit the ground. Also i had this one guy nade him self. He threw all his nades at me and ran toward me as i fell through a hole ( cant remember what map)....

GARAoftheDESERT
November 21, 2005, 3:08 pm
Playin ctf nubia I had grabed the flag and i kept rolin backwards. the three barrets on bravo team (I was on alpha btw) could NOT hit me. They were either bad shots or just too slow.

Antifate
December 2, 2005, 11:12 pm
Once I managed to dodge a M79 bullet and 3 Cluster Grenades PERFECTLY. Basically the whole sky was flying at me, I rolled through like 8 pellets from the grenades, and calmly LAWed the guy.