( search forums )
A pretty drastic idea...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
TIR_Blade
July 4, 2005, 12:35 am
Alright, placing my hand over an open flame but...

What if with every life, u got 2 seconds of dissappearing...let me explain

A player can go invisible for 2 seconds, and for those 2 seconds, they can pass through poly's...2 seconds sounds short but it gives you just enough time to be running in say ctf_run in the middle, then press the designated key(i think space or the scroll wheel would work) and then you fall right through it and into the bottom path.

-cannot use with flag
-does not actually become invisible(predator does that)
-can only use it for 2 seconds, once per death
-if not timed properly, could appear in poly, and therefore instant death.
-when poly bug occurs, would be a very good option instead of /kill
-would be a good method to trick opponents in ctf, and would be useful in infiltrating.
-using it on bridge would be perfectly safe and effective.
-Would become most effective when people master jumping and dissappearing to higher floors with safety...
-^^^would mean team communication of EFC could be more effective and helpful...therefore increasing teamwork.

This would definitely be a server option...not mandatory...I know it's not realistic but it would increase teamwork, help in keeping ctf scores lower, and be another method for people to master, and to mix with the current soldat skills, to gain...fluidity....

I know let the flame burn...but feedback's good, and my belief that this will ever be implemented is 1-2%...which is tiny...so just let this be a "what if" suggestion :(

Koon
July 4, 2005, 8:02 pm
no.

wunderbear
July 4, 2005, 8:24 pm
interesting idea.

VodkaZombie
July 4, 2005, 9:52 pm
It would take too much time out of the game. It would be good for team communications, but think about it should we go all the way just for that? And in a sense this is basically abusing poly's.

Twinkler
July 4, 2005, 10:12 pm
I really like this idea, it'd be awesome to be running off with the flag and phase through a poly to safety, only to have your enemies follow suit behind you. And of course there'd be someone unfortunate enough to have already used theirs, so they're stuck running into a poly for no reason looking like an idiot.

This is a radical, but still very cool idea.

_Mancer_
July 4, 2005, 10:29 pm
No.. doesnt fit the theme at all. Dont like the idea.

Hitman
July 4, 2005, 10:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by Koonno.
Hahahaha, love it.

Er yeah, what he said.

Deleted User
July 4, 2005, 10:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by TIR_BladeAlright, placing my hand over an open flame but...

Cool analogy...but still, bad idea.

-TomPenny-
July 4, 2005, 11:11 pm
nope.. + would cause even more lag :|

Keron Cyst
July 4, 2005, 11:34 pm
Awesome s.g image, Stalky. Where's it from?

Oh, this idea? I agree with Hitman.

TIR_Blade
July 4, 2005, 11:39 pm
Good for gameplay, but too drastic and unrealistic...got it...doubted many would like it anyway...

Messiah
July 5, 2005, 1:47 am
Right now no, maybe a weapons modification or something :O?

Boxo
July 5, 2005, 2:35 am
I don't think this'd be worth the trouble. It'd change Soldat too much and mostly people wouldn't use it anyway. I can't see the teamplay advantages here, either.

dude
July 6, 2005, 7:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by TwinklerI really like this idea, it'd be awesome to be running off with the flag and phase through a poly to safety, only to have your enemies follow suit behind you. And of course there'd be someone unfortunate enough to have already used theirs, so they're stuck running into a poly for no reason looking like an idiot.

This is a radical, but still very cool idea.

if you were readin he said that you could not do this with the flag... but a maybe a good idea.

Deleted User
July 7, 2005, 8:50 pm
Maybe as an server option?

I like this idea.

FliesLikeABrick
July 7, 2005, 9:18 pm
i don't like this idea, I see it adding nothing to the gameplay

quote:Originally post
increase teamwork, help in keeping ctf scores lower,

Can you please explain your logic in these? I don't see how it would cause either of these. Your reasons for saying that accentuate the importance of teamwork/communication, but that does not mean in any way that the idea helps build communication.

quote:Originally posted by Stalky
Cool analogy...but still, bad idea.

^ its a metaphor btw

TIR_Blade
July 8, 2005, 4:35 pm
Flab, i meant that Communication about the enemy flag carrior and Friendly flag carrier becuase players could then "invisappear" to the route that the flagger was on. That means less enemy flag carriers would get thru...tho i guess more Friendly Flag Carriers would have more support too...so i guess the ctf wouldn't have less caps.

Also, I said flaggers can't do it, but i really had no real reason to other then that i feel Flaggers should have a disadvantage in getting back to their base as opposed to people without the flag...but i guess they could do it too. Mebe a side option.

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 11:43 pm
and what is the point of this?