( search forums )
(moved)Steal grenades? How? (was: I have a)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Jesper
July 4, 2005, 7:44 am

Changes in Soldat 1.2.1 says that we can steal grenades and health packs from enemy base, and take them to ours.

And I've seen someone doing that.

But I don't know how I can do that.

I searched the forum but i can't find it.

Please help me.

Goofy_92
July 4, 2005, 8:13 am
Just go to the enemy's base and throw grenades all the time when you are on the boxes. The boxes respawn to your base then. :\

mickle89
July 4, 2005, 8:27 am
So you get the maximum amount of nades and also the box respawns on ur base...?

Green Barret
July 4, 2005, 8:42 am
Get any health or grenade box located at the enemy's base. When you 'eat' it, the box you get respawns from then on at your base.

Say, isn't this help forum material?

Jesper
July 4, 2005, 8:44 am
Thanks guys.

ThaD
July 4, 2005, 10:54 am
usually medkits in enemy base are more helpful than in your base which makes this 'improvement' pointless

Kazuki
July 4, 2005, 3:01 pm
I wouldn't call it pointless. It makes the game more interesting because of the variety of styles in battle. Some people heavily depend on the health packs in their base, especially if they are defending or if they're one of those people that never really go beyond the midpoint of the map. In that case, if their team has the upper hand in supplies, they should be able to do fine, while it wouldn't work if they had no supplies.

ThaD
July 4, 2005, 3:43 pm
yea but even if you get killed near your base you respawn there in 1-4 secundes, meanwhile when you reach enemy's base medkits and grenades are usually your only way to stay alive. At least this is how I see this case :)

Deleted User
July 4, 2005, 4:13 pm
Yeah Eat it and it spawns

b00stA
July 4, 2005, 4:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by klinkerhoffenYeah Eat it and it spawns

Thanks for your insight.

Cookie.
July 4, 2005, 4:58 pm
Hey guys I can't figure how to get my soldat to eat it >.< Do I have to pick it up first?

Hitman
July 4, 2005, 5:04 pm
Are you serious?

FliesLikeABrick
July 4, 2005, 6:31 pm
"pointless"

i've played games where this addition has made a huge difference to the game. We had no health, but tons of nades... they had all the health, but no nades.... was interesting. (we lost, badly)

Kazuki
July 4, 2005, 7:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by ThaDyea but even if you get killed near your base you respawn there in 1-4 secundes, meanwhile when you reach enemy's base medkits and grenades are usually your only way to stay alive. At least this is how I see this case :)

Well, if your opponents have all the health packs and you have none, then by your point of view, which is a pretty good one, you have the upper hand. However, if you and your team attack and are able to survive in the enemy base because you keep nabbing their health, then pretty soon you will be at a disadvantage because then you will have all the medpacks. ;D

AerialAssault
July 4, 2005, 8:10 pm
this can also help make spawn camping harder for the enemy, because there will eventually be no healthpacks at your base which are keeping them alive as they kill you.

xSyneXx
July 5, 2005, 8:03 am
quote:Originally posted by KazukiI wouldn't call it pointless. It makes the game more interesting because of the variety of styles in battle. Some people heavily depend on the health packs in their base, especially if they are defending or if they're one of those people that never really go beyond the midpoint of the map. In that case, if their team has the upper hand in supplies, they should be able to do fine, while it wouldn't work if they had no supplies.

I agree. On close up maps like Death, and Dropdown, where defense is mostly needed, and spraying occurs, Medkits are extremely usefull to not only have, but not let the enemy have.