( search forums )
Specific Grenade timing
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
mickle89
July 4, 2005, 1:42 pm
An option for the server to set a specific time for how long a nade goes off after being released. (eg. 1.3 secs, 2.0 secs, etc)

zyxstand
July 4, 2005, 6:20 pm
...if anything, players should be able to do that themselves!

wunderbear
July 4, 2005, 6:24 pm
grenade cooking, you say?

Or more like the "worms" style of timing? That would be good. Hell, both would be good.

then i could set a grenade for 0 secs, and become a kamikaze man! *BOOM*

Koon
July 4, 2005, 8:00 pm
that would be kind of interesting, you could set it for like a minute so grendades would be everywhere.

Nuts
July 4, 2005, 8:26 pm
I like the idea, but i prefer you can set the time in the game before you throw nade.

zyxstand
July 4, 2005, 9:25 pm
WOW i got a brilliant idea!

you guys know how like the longer you hold the further it flies!
well, what about the longer you hold it he furhter it flies and the longer it takes! so for short distances it explodes in like half a second! and for very long projectiles, it explodes at up to 3 seconds.

waddya say

VodkaZombie
July 4, 2005, 9:36 pm
That wouldnt be a good idea, more people will nade spam and nades will basically blow up right on impact. Worth a try.

Deleted User
July 5, 2005, 4:09 am
I'd rather have cooking.
And wouldnt it make more sense if longer distance it explodes faster,because it has been cooking longer?
I think it should be a 3 second timer,and for as long as you hold it its still in your hand,but if you hold it to long,
BLAMMO FACE BE GONE

MOFO NOFO
July 5, 2005, 4:13 am
EVEN BETTER IDEA: how about a bar shows for how powerful your throw will be if you let go of "E"

mickle89
July 5, 2005, 4:27 am
^^ GREAT IDEA!! MofoNofo

thelizno
July 5, 2005, 5:44 am
quote:Originally posted by zyxstand...if anything, players should be able to do that themselves!

aye.. this reminds me of good ol' worms ;)
dunno it would work that good in soldat. but it's worth a shot!

quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOEVEN BETTER IDEA: how about a bar shows for how powerful your throw will be if you let go of "E"

misa like. this shouldn't be too hard to implement?

Keron Cyst
July 5, 2005, 6:26 am
quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFO... how about a bar shows for how powerful your throw will be if you let go of "E"
That's not very realistic. I like the idea of 'nade-cooking, tho', but it should depend on how long you hold E, not as a server option.

Deleted User
July 5, 2005, 5:28 pm
Yes that sucks:)

Deleted User
July 5, 2005, 6:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFO... how about a bar shows for how powerful your throw will be if you let go of "E"
That's not very realistic....

Soldat isn't a (Please refrain from swearing)ing realistic game anyway so get the hell over it. anyway i like the idea what mofonofo stated

Twinkler
July 5, 2005, 7:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFO... how about a bar shows for how powerful your throw will be if you let go of "E"
That's not very realistic.

Why's that matter? You have a jet fuel bar don't ya? Same basic concept.

Messiah
July 6, 2005, 3:16 am
quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOEVEN BETTER IDEA: how about a bar shows for how powerful your throw will be if you let go of "E"

Wow get real, i felt a tone of sarcasm in that btw, why cant we just settle this by making Pokemon Gernades :D Someone please make those.

Unlucky 13
July 6, 2005, 3:53 am
quote:Originally posted by Twinklerquote:...

Why's that matter? You have a jet fuel bar don't ya? Same basic concept.

Because it's been rejected already, and that means no.

Only if the timer is set on the hit on the ground, then yes. If on release? No.
Not by the length of time you hold E either, as you already have the length set by that.

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 6, 2005, 4:00 am
I would recommand the same concept as worms: Pushing the numbers 1 thru 9 for nade delay. But then again, if nades are everywhere on the ground, that really would kind of suck, since everyone would want to set their nades on 9 seconds and just throw them at a certain choke point.

Green Barret
July 6, 2005, 8:35 am
Why not have key 1 for main weapon, key 2 for sidearm, and key 3 for knife? It's a common feature that's in most games.