( search forums )
Dedicated Server Problems & Timeout
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
jake
July 4, 2005, 5:31 pm
Hi all!
I often host SoldaT dedicated server on my machine (p2 450MHz, 144mb Sdramm, Video matrox g-400). And when my friens or other people plays there's no problems. But, when i enter the game, the problems begins.
Only if there are no players on the screen and i'm doing nothint pig is 0/16. but in game goes up to 100 sometimes. I enter game with my IP or with loopback IP (127.0.0.1). Sometimes ping begins to grow up, up, up to 1900ms!!! on loopback! it's incredible... also if there are no others programs running (other players have a huge ping too).
But the best is sometimes that i restart the match, or the new match begins... me and other players are freezed and "connection problem" appears, then the connection (to MYSELF!) goes timeout. i saw that in that while soldat dedicated serv is freezed to for about half a minute. Either the soldat default server, than the dedicated 2.2.9.
This is a very bad problem, because me and other players must disconnect, wait and rejoin-

anyone can help me to fix that?
thanks

JaKe

b00stA
July 5, 2005, 2:26 pm
Are you hosting a dedicated server and joining the server with the same computer?

You're not supposed to do that.

jake
July 6, 2005, 9:47 am
what? i can't host dedicated and join on the same machine?
that's very bad... But if i use standard maps it freezes especially at the 2nd round, then goes ok. With map downloading for other player crash is easyer. Yesterday gave me a i/o error 32 on DOS dedicated 229 (often i/o 103, on win dedicated). I also set MaxConnections=1...
Teorically threre should be no problems on same ip or loopback, seen that response time is very low, also if my workstation works like a ashtray :|

Yukwunhang
July 6, 2005, 11:00 am
quote:Originally posted by b00stAAre you hosting a dedicated server and joining the server with the same computer?

You're not supposed to do that.

I do that all the time and I never got a problem. =\