( search forums )
realistic reloading
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
damnnation
July 4, 2005, 6:02 pm
the thing that bothers me in real. mode is the reload, you start the reload, half way you switch gun and back, and the reload goes on from the point it ended, in real life, wouldn't the mag then fall out/ gun jam/ etc..
SO let's just do this: when you switch to sec. wep and back to prim wep you gotta do the reload from start
plz don't flame me :D

Keron Cyst
July 4, 2005, 9:00 pm
Well, then you might as well never use a secondary; Michal himself pointed this out, even though it is Realistic Mode.

Love your avatar & sig. image, BTW xD

Atybrc
July 4, 2005, 9:08 pm
ITS SUGGESTION

reload can be stopped by changing weapon or throwing grenade
but the soldier had inserted clip in the gun (scale of reload was up to 70%),then after the weapon swap or grenade throw soldier will continue to reload gun.

zyxstand
July 4, 2005, 9:17 pm
see, there really isn't a good solution for this:
techincally, if you inserted the magazine for a specific gun and secured it (let's say at 25% reloaded), then if you switch at 30% to secondary and back again, you should be back at 25%. Now - another way of doing this is for you to manually reload the gun! like a picture of your gun appears, and it says stuff like "click and drag magazine into slot. pull reload lever. etc"
in conclusion ther is no way to really make it realistic! there is a point in which you have to assume some things to be done manually! you might argue your point by saying that it's slightly more realistic to completely cancel reload, but then again, that might just get a bit annoying so just leave it at what it is!

wunderbear
July 5, 2005, 7:53 pm
if you did that, then reloading the minigun or Baarrett would be ridiculous.

:Start reloading
:reach 70%
:enemy appears
:switch to secondary
:Kill enemy
:restart reloading

repeat, until dead. (literally)

Unlucky 13
July 6, 2005, 3:57 am
I suggested this, and some people liked it, others didn't. The Spas couldn't apply to this, as it reloads differently.
I like the idea myself, especially the LAW and M79, you wouldn't have a grenade or rocket stay in a gun jumping around like a Soldat'er does, would ya?

TIR_Blade
July 6, 2005, 4:17 am
quote:Originally posted by wunderbearif you did that, then reloading the minigun or Baarrett would be ridiculous.

:Start reloading
:reach 70%
:switch to secondary
:Kill enemy
:restart reloading

repeat, until dead. (literally)

Could be a good way of lowering Barretards :)

Green Barret
July 6, 2005, 8:31 am
Ok, this has to be thought out more. Say the reload at 25% was removing the magazine. If you changed weapons and switched back, the weapon would have its magazine still removed, therefore still at 25%.

If we did it like you have suggested, removing the magazine and changing weapons and back would still have the magazine in the gun - even more unrealistic.

Hoodlum
July 6, 2005, 1:18 pm
I like the reloading as it is now.

If this does happen I don't think it should be in normal CTF maybe in Realistic mode or something.

zyxstand
July 6, 2005, 1:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by Green BarretOk, this has to be thought out more. Say the reload at 25% was removing the magazine. If you changed weapons and switched back, the weapon would have its magazine still removed, therefore still at 25%.

If we did it like you have suggested, removing the magazine and changing weapons and back would still have the magazine in the gun - even more unrealistic.

...gj...now learn to read (my previous post)

Deleted User
July 7, 2005, 8:46 pm
Maybe this should be putted in to the realistic mode?

I also agree with Green Barret.

damnnation
July 7, 2005, 9:35 pm
that's wat i mean, read next time! quote:the thing that bothers me in real. mode is the reload
yeah, the barrett and minigun, minimi also could be a problem, but it's good for the others (not SPAS )

SPARTAN_III
July 8, 2005, 5:11 pm
after 75% the reload should not reset.

also, cocking the weapon (the reload bar that zips back and forth when you fire) should always reset. however, if your relod is completed but you have not cocked the weapon, the magazine should stay inserted.