( search forums )
Realistic mode improvements
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Koon
July 4, 2005, 8:16 pm
1.) in realistic mode, when your player is wounded you should become slower and less accurate in proportion to how much you are wounded. this would also force players to seek out a health box instead of continuing to fight.

2. ) this doesnt have to be only in realistic mode but you should have the option of setting how many lives each player has, this would work well with the wounds idea above because normally when people are wounded they just try to die so they can respawn. this also would make people try to retreat when outnumbered and add more strategy to the game.

3.) in realistic mode when you use team chat only people within range should be able to hear you. most people would probably find this annoying but its just a thought.

Keron Cyst
July 4, 2005, 9:02 pm
#1: me likey!
#2: stock match, like SSBM. People would join in the middle of a game with a fresh # of lives while veterans from previous fighting have less lives and it'd be unfair. Zero72 brought this up. The server would have to be tweaked; it'd only be good for clan wars, not public fighting.
#3; don't the soldaten use radios? That's what I heard...

moysturfurmer
July 5, 2005, 11:32 pm
3 is kinda crap.

2 is good provided the person who joins during the match is forced to spectate or recieve the same amount of lives as the last place person.

I would support 1 provided realistic mode is split into seperate checkable catagories. (eg. Yes line of sight; no fall damage)

Happy Camper
July 5, 2005, 11:42 pm
people would just rejoin to get more lives, no point to doing that, unless its a privet game or something.

Koon
July 6, 2005, 12:59 am
there would have to be some way to wait to start the game until enough people have joined then not let people join after it has started. or they could join as spectators.

Green Barret
July 6, 2005, 8:39 am
quote:Originally posted by Koon1.) in realistic mode, when your player is wounded you should become slower and less accurate in proportion to how much you are wounded. this would also force players to seek out a health box instead of continuing to fight.

2. ) this doesnt have to be only in realistic mode but you should have the option of setting how many lives each player has, this would work well with the wounds idea above because normally when people are wounded they just try to die so they can respawn. this also would make people try to retreat when outnumbered and add more strategy to the game.

3.) in realistic mode when you use team chat only people within range should be able to hear you. most people would probably find this annoying but its just a thought.

1) In real life there isn't any 'health boxes'

2) Gameplay idea

3) I agree too with this.

Deleted User
July 6, 2005, 8:47 am
#1# Hmm , I agree coz its interesting idea but I could be better to be OPTIONAL.

#2# Hey! Never heared about SURVIVAL MODE ? Thats quite same as your suggestion , ppl try to be slow, tactic, clever and try to do teamwork.

#3# I seen this suggested before and I think I suggested this too. If ya mean when U write a message in teamchat the enemy can read it from above your head. Yea thats really annoying. They could see it only if they see YOU, I mean this in realistic mode.

My suggestions on your suggestions ^^

Deleted User
July 6, 2005, 9:30 am
quote:Originally posted by Green Barret

1) In real life there isn't any 'health boxes'

yes there is.. they'r named "first aid kits" of medic.

papasurf31
July 6, 2005, 3:17 pm
yeah, and they automatically bring the user back to perfect health, right?

Goofy_92
July 6, 2005, 3:21 pm
1. Yes, realistic.
2. Indeed, like in Liero and such games.
3. No, I don't like it.