( search forums )
DM aq_EsyFloresy
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Aquarius
July 4, 2005, 10:51 pm
Download aq_EsyFloresy.zip

aq_EsyFloresy is a small deathmatch map. The map is very simple, but look at the precise spirals ;)

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

The map itself isn't very special. How I done it is special ;)

The polygon spirals were made in Adobe Illustrator vector graphics program. Afterthen it was converted from .SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) format saved in Illustrator to PMS Soldat map format by SVGtoPMS converter I made. The converter is still very imperfect, but it works ;) Finally, I compiled and colored the map in MapMakerPlus.

Here is how the svg file look: Opera 8, OR some SVG editor/viewer ([url="http://www.inkscape.org/">Inkscape for example, it's free), OR Adobe SVG plugin to view it.

Deleted User
July 4, 2005, 10:55 pm
:O

MAD!

VodkaZombie
July 4, 2005, 11:42 pm
Ah, yes they are precise, good map for someone to get lost in.

grand_diablo
July 4, 2005, 11:48 pm
Looks nice

but for some reason I think, the secret main topic of this thread, is actually that SVGtoPMS thing ;P

Anna
July 5, 2005, 12:06 am
That's pretty cool... maybe I could make it so people can import SVG files into PolyWorks :P

Aquarius
July 5, 2005, 12:34 am
I must warn you the SVG specification is over 700 pages long ;)

Anna
July 5, 2005, 12:45 am
Yeah I was just looking at it. It's not a binary file like I am used to XP I'll focus on getting PolyWorks to work for now.

Aquarius
July 5, 2005, 1:24 am
In reality it's not that difficult, but I think there is no need to duplicate the work. I'm going to release it, but I think most people won't find it useful anyway.

If you want, you could make an option in PolyWorks to run SVGtoPMS.exe with filename parameters to convert a map from SVG file and load it with PolyWorks.

Goofy_92
July 5, 2005, 7:51 am
Holie Molie!
Ahem, that looks awesome. "I like your style man, real fresh"* :P

*From GTA Vice City.

chakapoko maker
July 5, 2005, 9:11 am
dev power! then many features will be available through it. wanna see more and the pattern.
and i've tried downloading the file trice and it seems to be damaged.