( search forums )
CTF Entrenched - new map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
zimmy
July 4, 2005, 11:28 pm
This is my new CTF map. Although I think it could be better(especially its bot support), I'm fairly happy with it, and would like to know wut you all think of it. I started working on it a few months ago, but stopped when some soldat files got corrupted and I couldnt play online anymore. But now that I have a bunch of free time during summer, I decided to finish it up and release it. Its pretty small, I recommend it only for smaller games, and its pretty straight forward, similar to your usual CTF map, but I made the bases a little more "entrenched" than usual, with small entrances and a machine gun nest guarding each, and theres lotsa cliffs where obtaining highground is needed. Well, I hope you like it, have fun!

sreenshots: visit [URL](these screenshots are from an old version! the backround color HAS BEEN CHANGED, it is no longer pink, so just imagine these screenshots with a blue backround, its not that hard)

[URL]-to download, you MUST right click the link and choose save as... or wutever, angelfire will not let you download it by left clicking on it.

Alright, the backround color has been changed! God forbid we have a more vibrant, lively color such as the fabulous fuchsia(almost pink, like the pink ranger, who is an inspiration to us all). But since apparently the frequency of fuchsia is also the fundamental frequency of many gamers' pupils, and thus it cannot be, so there is now a nice light blue that is easy on the eye.

Aquarius
July 4, 2005, 11:32 pm
screenshots please

zimmy
July 4, 2005, 11:33 pm
the file's only 13 kb, is that necessary?

Elemental
July 4, 2005, 11:36 pm
Just put a screenshot so that if people like it, theyll download it :/

zimmy
July 4, 2005, 11:41 pm
alright, hold on, I must upload these

zimmy
July 4, 2005, 11:50 pm
Okey, I apologize, I need to read the rules more often. Well here is a page with 3 screenshots: [URL]

Maxx
July 5, 2005, 5:06 am
Gotta love that retina-burning sensation.

....change the background color.

Rambo_6
July 5, 2005, 5:51 am
Zimmy, use the edit button. It makes life easier on all of us, trust me.

As for the map, the background color makes baby jeesus cry.

Keron Cyst
July 5, 2005, 6:32 am
Wow x.X

Okay, you want to try to make it look like it was made by Michal. Sorry if that sounds too harsh, but...

Messiah
July 5, 2005, 6:42 am
quote:Originally posted by MaxxGotta love that retina-burning sensation.

....change the background color.

Yeah that pinnk makes me want to rip my eyes out >_>

Goofy_92
July 5, 2005, 7:49 am
Pink... PiiinnkkkK.
Change it.

Hoodlum
July 5, 2005, 11:07 pm
The colors are way to bright.

Change em' up.

Hitman
July 6, 2005, 12:44 am
quote:....change the background color.quote:the background color makes baby jeesus cry.quote:Yeah that pinnk makes me want to rip my eyes out >_>quote: Pink... PiiinnkkkK.
Change it.quote: The colors are way to bright.

Change em' up...juuust a couple more of these posts and I think he'll get the message.

Knobs.

Deleted User
July 6, 2005, 2:06 am
Sombody did'nt read *cough* Hitman *cough*

From origional post (changed before your reply hitman)

quote:CHANGED, it is no longer pink, so just imagine these screenshots with a blue backround, its not that hard)

Anyway, on subject, the map is a bit bland, its good that it has some shading but it needs some more. And personally I dont like the layout to much. It's pretty good though

VodkaZombie
July 6, 2005, 3:01 am
It looks like a combo of Arena3, Bridge, and Inf through the screenshot. Download link not working.

Keron Cyst
July 6, 2005, 7:01 pm
Label where SGs, respawn points (not just for the soldaten; power-ups too), and the flags are at on the images.

PreeGo
July 6, 2005, 7:14 pm
It's a really GOOOD map..!!

but if you want to do it 120 % okaii, than change the colors in the back.. Details you know...

keep up the good work..