( search forums )
bullet trails fx
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
July 6, 2005, 9:02 pm
an option to have cool and rather long-lasting bullet trails!

i know you might say "edit your bullets bmp" but the problem with that would be that it doesn't 'curve' - i'ts just a straight line that gets tilted as it files. I want something like the LAW M72 trail...that reminds me; could you also make the LAW trail with better and more detailed bitmaps?

comments plz!

EDIT:

kinda like in halo, the trail you see from the sniper rifle!

Also, with adjustable trail-time - meaning the time it takes for trail to disappear.

Just imagine people spraying with HK's (or even mini's) and you see all these trails!

VodkaZombie
July 6, 2005, 10:22 pm
The LAW only fires one large bullet therefore you can see the trail it leads onto the target. When your dealing with other weapons such as auto's it wouldnt look right. I guess the barret and m79 could use it.

Keron Cyst
July 7, 2005, 12:41 am
Why do you want that? It's fine the way it is; the RL's trail is due to smoke, and for quote:Originally posted by zyxstand
... better and more detailed bitmaps...
, just mod them yourself ;-)

zyxstand
July 7, 2005, 1:15 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystWhy do you want that? It's fine the way it is; the RL's trail is due to smoke, and for quote:Originally posted by zyxstand
... better and more detailed bitmaps...
, just mod them yourself ;-)

quote:Originally posted by zyxstandi know you might say "edit your bullets bmp" but the problem with that would be that it doesn't 'curve' - i'ts just a straight line that gets tilted as it files.

...i understand that law would be the only gun to have reason to leave a trail, but i'm asking for longer-lasting trails.
Just for cooler effects*

Keron Cyst
July 7, 2005, 2:16 am
*lol* Quote wars :-D

quote:Originally posted by Keron CystWhy do you want that? It's fine the way it is...

I guess it'd be kinda "cool," but I don't think it's worth the programming time which could be spent working on the weapon discard-&-pick-up bug.

zyxstand
July 7, 2005, 4:15 am
these lil features don't need much programming, i'm guessing...it's rather simple and nothing too new...just some slight editing here and some minor tweaking there - and tadda

Green Barret
July 7, 2005, 5:13 am
quote:Originally posted by zyxstandthese lil features don't need much programming, i'm guessing...it's rather simple and nothing too new...just some slight editing here and some minor tweaking there - and tadda

How much programming time does MM have? Besides, this really isn't needed at it would lag low end computers.

zyxstand
July 7, 2005, 5:52 am
it don take long to program, i'm sure!
and if you mean internet lag then i'd have to say NO because its totally client-based
and if you mean compter's too slow to handle it then that just sux for you, get a better computer, and don't make soldat a low-quality game cuz of your low capabilities.

Vijchtidoodah
July 7, 2005, 5:56 am
I would actually really enjoy this idea. Being in the middle of a large firefight with bullet trails all around you would be too cool.

MOFO NOFO
July 7, 2005, 6:36 am
the law doesnt use a trail, it use's a .bmp file as a trail, the rest use "smudge"

zyxstand
July 7, 2005, 2:17 pm
yes, i know - i did intend for the bullet trails to be a nice trail left behind...

Deleted User
July 7, 2005, 3:00 pm
could be very kewl :P but I would have to see it before I can say I really like or hate the idea :O

A.L.blackhawk
July 9, 2005, 12:06 am
yea i agree with that, but in real life the law dousnt make a trail like that, only from the weapon when the projectile is fried.