( search forums )
Level system + Soldat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
SuperKill
July 6, 2005, 10:38 pm
just had a random thought.
what do you think of some kind of a lvl system in soldat (yes just like the rpg's), only it does NOTHING at all besides showing your 'level'. (SuperKill - Lvl53)

it would be like, a new client starts as a level 1, and as he kills people online he gains levels.
for fairness' sake it could be made so a level 200 wont get points over killing a level 10 for example. a limit of 50 levels diffrence to get "exp" or something.

it wouldnt do anything like increasing the weapon damage or so, only to brag about your 'skill' (;p) and such.

note that instead of levels (1, 2, 3, 4~) it could be ranks (private, corporal, major, commander) .. whoever played stick soldiers should know how it goes.

state your opinions.

i am ahab
July 6, 2005, 11:22 pm
/me puts on flame proof clothing and stands next to superkill to see what craziness happens next

well to be fair, if you were going to do it, you'd need some cetralised server holding the rank data. maybe like an sql database perhaps.

but whats the limit sk? 100 levels? 10000 levels? no limit?

Deleted User
July 6, 2005, 11:22 pm
you mean like in americas army or gunbound?

Hitman
July 6, 2005, 11:26 pm
Although I have juggled this idea around in my head before, I think it's pointless to be honest. By adding a ranking system, Soldat turns into a competition and thus dramatically reduces the fun. It could also increase the amount of flaming in an online game, e.g. if a player ranked as 'private' suggests something in-game or asks to stop spawnkilling, etc, he could be flamed and called a n00b by his so called 'superiors' (rank wise) due to his and their rank(s).

I can see the coolness of it, but it's best to leave this concept to such games as Americas Army.

SuperKill
July 6, 2005, 11:54 pm
turns into a competition and ruins the fun?
weird, cause i thought competition is fun. maybe its just me.

ahab, yea you're right, it could be just like another lobby server, just instead of listing gameserver it will keep the rank data.
and why should there be a limit? :p

some extra crap:
it could be an option, like
[ ] Save your rank
or something. incase someone would like to play without gaining or contributing levels, or just someone who wouldnt like to lose his rank, they could shut it off.
players with the rank system enabled could have something that will show it, e.g - a little skull icon next to his ingame name, or have his name underlined, etc etc..

Hoodlum
July 7, 2005, 12:19 am
I actually like this idea.

Keron Cyst
July 7, 2005, 12:29 am
If this is to be implemented, then you should be able to hide your stats. or not count any at all so people can't judge whether you're a n00b or a veteran. And for me, competition doesn't always mean fun...

Deleted User
July 7, 2005, 1:19 am
What about people playing online against bots to raise they're score.
Or people spawncamping over and over to raise ranks?

Deleted User
July 7, 2005, 3:04 am
i guess it wouldnt count against bots?

_Mancer_
July 7, 2005, 5:50 am
Nah.. Been suggested but I dont like it.

This would have worked good when soldat was FIRST released. That means the people who already have a lot of kills and such would have to do it all over again.

MOFO NOFO
July 7, 2005, 6:42 am
Are you talking about YOURSELF, mancer :p.

_Mancer_
July 7, 2005, 6:51 am
Yes. :D

Deleted User
July 7, 2005, 6:53 am
i had a similar idea, cept it wasnt carried over to the next game. basicly your kills minus your deaths is your level or rank, it could be a new game mode. first to commanding officer or someting of the sorts

Deleted User
July 7, 2005, 7:25 am
Yea thats a nice idea

Deleted User
July 7, 2005, 12:16 pm
I like this idea. And It mustnt show your rank when u play coz in menu could be a RANK topic or somehting like that and there will be everything. {kills deaths scores ...etc}
And with a pic of your rank.
I like this much.

Deleted User
July 7, 2005, 3:05 pm
I dont like teh idea... sounds like that game wher u could run on walls and stuff.. (no, not matrix)

SuperKill
July 7, 2005, 3:07 pm
yea it does, but state why dont you like it perhaps? ;S

Deleted User
July 7, 2005, 3:15 pm
oh you mean like gunZ, never downloaded that game it was like 195mb