( search forums )
Forum idea -- grading system
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
kwanfei
July 7, 2005, 3:13 am
I believe everytime when MM lockon the forum and check the posts, he cannot read all the topic. He may randomly choosing topic or look at the replies. But the replies don't mean anything, because many stupid posts was flamed with hundreds of replies and those excellent suggestions only has a little. So, if the forum has a voting system, it would help MM to pick those "good" posts only.

Here are my ideas:
On the corner on every topics, there is a tool that people can grade the topic with points. It can be done easier with only "Good" and "Bad" voting, or maybe just give "Good point" to a topic.

Then, when MM lockon, he can just choose the posts with high appreciation to read.

Deleted User
July 7, 2005, 4:05 am
what a five star idea.....if only it was implemented

Deleted User
July 7, 2005, 5:23 am
Like someone suggested before,It shouldn't show our posts,but maybe it could have a ranking system that goes up on length and amount of posts.If people voted for good posts and stuff,some idiots would click the lowest,you know it would happen.

zyxstand
July 7, 2005, 5:49 am
well i'd say something like how well thought-out the idea is...not how much you like it...cuz somtimes, some ppl love it and others hate it but the idea itself is well thought through...so big M should come in and decide himself!

MOFO NOFO
July 7, 2005, 6:50 am
we'll i'd say that THIS should be moved to forum news and suggesgions.

kwanfei
July 7, 2005, 7:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOwe'll i'd say that THIS should be moved to forum news and suggesgions.

Thanks, I moved this topic to that forum already.

ThaD
July 7, 2005, 7:18 pm
well he may appreciate posts which many people don't, let's say there's a topic about flying Zeppelins in Soldat which would probably get very low rank but hey! MM likes that and we have flying Zeppelins in the newest Soldat version.

In one word, I don't think it would be that helpful, Michal can easily rate a topic by it's name and then decide if it's worth reading

kwanfei
July 9, 2005, 2:45 am
quote:Michal can easily rate a topic by it's name and then decide if it's worth reading

But MM cannot read all the topics on the forum, right?
And this can help MM to know what the PLAYERs want, not only the things MM wants to add.

ThaD
July 9, 2005, 10:33 am
heh of course he can, he's God remember? ;)

what players want isn't important, 95% of the topics in Improvements/Suggestion forum are hard/impossible to implement or just useless ideas. Even if Michal implements some of the players ideas it's crap often (stationary guns...). But, as i said before, it's no problem to read all the topics in suggestions forum so this discussion is plain

kwanfei
July 9, 2005, 6:50 pm
Well, you really think MM can do that? Even though Michal can read all the topics on Game Improvements / Suggestions, but we have more than one forum. You think he can read everything on every forums? Remember not everyone have so much time to waste like you.

You said MM is god, yah he is, but he is god because he created the game, not because he can read a hundred post in a minute. Think before you post.

And you cannot rank the topics by their name. For example, if MM wanna add a new gun to soldat and he wanna see what type of guns most people wants, and there are so many suggestion about new guns on the forum already, which one should he pick? Randomly? Go by replies? Like I said before, has a lot of replies don't mean the suggestion is good. So, i think a ranking system would help MM A LOT.

ThaD
July 10, 2005, 8:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by kwanfeiYou said MM is god, yah he is, but he is god because he created the game, not because he can read a hundred post in a minute. Think before you post.

it was a joke if you didn't notice...

anyway why won't you ask Michal if he approves your improvement?

kwanfei
July 10, 2005, 8:54 pm
quote:
anyway why won't you ask Michal if he approves your improvement?

If he read this post

ThaD
July 11, 2005, 11:03 am
yess but there are so many topics...he may miss one

send him an email

kwanfei
July 13, 2005, 8:09 pm
alright

As you said, MM may miss some post, so this improvement is needed :P

papasurf31
July 14, 2005, 1:12 pm
Best idea I've seen since the last time this idea was suggested.