( search forums )
The official hurricane thread.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Maxx
July 7, 2005, 3:55 am
The hurricane, DENNIS is coming straight for Pensacola, just like friking stupid Ivan did.

Over the next few days, my power will probably be out, which sucks.

Stupid friking hurricanes.

Deleted User
July 7, 2005, 4:19 am
here in california, all we have to worry about are freeking earthquakes.

vash763
July 7, 2005, 4:26 am
here in washington its the same

Maxx
July 7, 2005, 4:28 am
Yea, I guess it would suck a whole lot more to have no warning in advance for something like that.

Cookie.
July 7, 2005, 4:58 am
HAHA Here in canada we have to worry about freezing to death and getting eaten by polar bears!

LazehBoi
July 7, 2005, 5:00 am
And here in Australia we have to learn to box to protect ourselves against kangaroos!

Unlucky 13
July 7, 2005, 5:24 am
You box?
I learnt sprinting instead, makes up for my weak arms.

Green Barret
July 7, 2005, 5:24 am
Here at South Korea we are still in a cold war with North Korea... which has over 1000 long range cannons pointed at our major cites(one blast from all of them at once and I have to say good bye).

Captain Ben
July 7, 2005, 7:00 am
quote:Originally posted by LazehBoiAnd here in Australia we have to learn to box to protect ourselves against kangaroos!

You have to hate those large rats.

Elemental
July 7, 2005, 7:10 am
OH (Please refrain from swearing) there's a hurricane coming?!?
Great.
Last time I lost power for like a month..then had to go to someones house..since ours is by the ocean!
Dammit..when's it supposed to hit?

AerialAssault
July 7, 2005, 7:35 am
lol, owned.

Deleted User
July 7, 2005, 8:18 am
Here in Finland is too hot :)

Goofy_92
July 7, 2005, 9:28 am
Uhh... I agree that. G'morning Nookie! ;)

mickle89
July 7, 2005, 10:06 am
Here in Australia we worry about nothing. And no we don't have kangaroos in our backyard.

MOFO NOFO
July 7, 2005, 10:12 am
BUT WE DO HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT EMU'S, THEY CHASE OUR FAMILIES DOWN :O

Unlucky 13
July 7, 2005, 10:15 am
Yes, and they have CLAWS! THEY HAVE CLAWS! THEY HAVE CLAWS!

And they can rip you apart, supposedly.

lastpatriot
July 7, 2005, 11:48 am
They can kick you really hard.

Here in New Jersey, I just have to beware yuppies.

Maxx
July 7, 2005, 2:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by ElementalOH (Please refrain from swearing) there's a hurricane coming?!?
Great.
Last time I lost power for like a month..then had to go to someones house..since ours is by the ocean!
Dammit..when's it supposed to hit?

Watch the news.

It's doing the same exact thing Ivan did.(=bad)

Ya might wanna get out of here this time.

Liber_Lupus
July 7, 2005, 3:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by NookieHere in Finland is too hot :)

So is in Estonia. Thirty (Please refrain from swearing)ing degrees and my skin is all red and hurts.

Droopy
July 7, 2005, 3:15 pm
Here in Slovenia, we have to worry about vampires and gramlins.

If we want to.

Deleted User
July 7, 2005, 3:37 pm
in Norway, the living dead is roaming the streets... they're not really ALL that dangerouns, my sister is dating one.

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 4:33 am
in South Carolina, we have to worry about hurricanes,earthquakes,and rattlesnakes.

enjoyincubus
July 8, 2005, 4:35 am
I'm evac'ing Saturday. Ft. Walton, FL. (Please refrain from swearing).

Maxx
July 8, 2005, 5:12 am
Were staying.
:O

Dang it I don't want to board up the windows and wait in lines for gas and mre's.

Elemental
July 9, 2005, 3:28 pm
I know it sounds kinda stupid..but I like hurricanes....that dont ruin my house :P
Mostly because I like the rain and it's a thrilling and hair-raising experience whenever one gets close! (also a dangerous one)

Maxx
July 11, 2005, 2:28 am
It wasn't that bad.....

Yay for laptops and generaors!

?
July 11, 2005, 3:19 am
Living in South Georgia I am effected by these "hurricanes" I get heavy rain and terrible winds, yet I still go to work at arby's, it sucks having to go to work with road signs bent by wind and swinging streetlights :(

enjoyincubus
July 11, 2005, 3:39 am
It sucks being homeless, as I've just been informed our house has been demolished by the storm.

Actually, nothing of substance happened this time around, but I thought it sounded cool when I said I was homeless.

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 4:04 am

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 4:17 am
i watched the hurricane make landfall on CNN and the Weather Channel

enjoyincubus
July 11, 2005, 4:31 am
Yeah, the Weather Channel crew in Destin drove within walking distance of my house during their film shoot, explaining how nothing would be left standing in a matter of mere hours. The old woman next door phoned us three hours later to let us know our trash can had tipped over.

SuperKill
July 11, 2005, 4:34 am
must suck losing your house.
so like.. what are you doing after you house is wrecked? is there some kind of a home insurance that covers natural disasters? i'm not too keen on the subject cause the chances of a tornado in here is like the chances of a snowball in hell.

enjoyincubus
July 11, 2005, 7:33 am
In all seriousness, our house suffered very little damage. Supposedly, all we've is a bit of flooding. Our house is about 3.9 meters above sea level. 3.9 meters. And 200 yards from the bay.

The eye of the storm seemed to go between Pensacola and Navarre, in close proximity of my good friend's house. Strangely, their house suffered very little damage either...but some older homes are gone.

Yeah, those people will get some aid from insurance, and this dazzling organisation called FEMA will also aid in helping the homeless. Last year, a lot of people came together and volunteered to help clean up and get supplies out. I helped a little, and I think I will this year too, because had the storm hit 20 miles to the east, we'd be in a quagmire of our own..

--Slayer--
July 11, 2005, 7:38 am
Liber Lupus my friend told me that there was 40 degrees in Estonia.

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 5:37 pm
In here Finland, we have to beware of the drunken junkies.

But seriously, we really have nothing to fear.

SuperKill
July 11, 2005, 5:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by --Slayer--Liber Lupus my friend told me that there was 40 degrees in Estonia.

so ?
its not that big deal. atcually, 43 degrees in here while i post this msg. kinda works for the best cause i live in a beach city.

Maxx
July 11, 2005, 7:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by enjoyincubusYeah, the Weather Channel crew in Destin drove within walking distance of my house during their film shoot, explaining how nothing would be left standing in a matter of mere hours. The old woman next door phoned us three hours later to let us know our trash can had tipped over.

Lol, the weather channel is stupid.

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 7:49 pm
I just noticed that your sig doesn't work.

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 10:46 pm
All that hurricane amounted to was wind and rain. We only lost power because they turned it off so no accidents could occur.

God damn. What a weak ass hurricane.

Maxx
July 12, 2005, 1:26 am
It wasn't exactly weak, it's just that the eye was only 10 miles around.

Pathetic.

Ivan's eye was 75 miles around.

quote:I just noticed that your sig doesn't work.
Hmm...works fine for me.

enjoyincubus
July 12, 2005, 7:03 pm
At least we've Emily to look forward to.

Maxx
August 28, 2005, 4:59 pm
REVIVED ON ACCOUNT OF KATRINA!

Holy mama that thing is BIG. New Orleans isn't going to exist anymore.
O.O

Elemental
August 28, 2005, 5:14 pm
It passed just south of us, we lost electricity for about..10-13 hours total..I have some pictures if anyone wants to see a lil of it..but not too much, i couldnt go outside without being blown away :/

Deleted User
August 28, 2005, 5:17 pm
Oooh, upload the pics, I wanna see.

SuperKill
August 28, 2005, 5:19 pm
pics are always good.

Maxx
August 28, 2005, 5:21 pm
Yeah, but when it hit south FL, it wasn't near as strong as it is now. :|

EDIT:
Just got word we have hurricane days off school.

That's one good thing, i guess...

August 28, 2005, 5:46 pm
In malaysia, we have to avoid haze and burning to death from intense heat. Whoopiefreakindoo.

Maxx
August 28, 2005, 5:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by 117Whoopiefreakindoo.

SuperKill
August 28, 2005, 6:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by 117In malaysia, we have to avoid haze and burning to death from intense heat. Whoopiefreakindoo.

so how hot is it (measured by c') in there?

Vijchtidoodah
August 28, 2005, 9:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by 117In malaysia, we have to avoid haze...

DAMN POTHEADS!

Deleted User
August 28, 2005, 10:14 pm
Really, in malaysia they have a lot of haze. Its the Indoneisians fault, doing all that burning. I got sent some piccys. The haze was really bad.

And yes, Malaysia is hot and humid and dry all at the same time. I've been there. Its not nice. But the food is to die for (you probably will die after eating it, though). And I will be in malaysia for all of december. So no soldat for me. :(

lastpatriot
August 29, 2005, 1:04 am
I have family friends that live there.

We in New Jersey only get the weak tropical storms when a hurricane comes.

Elemental
August 29, 2005, 1:04 am
K..picsssss.......Not many of the actual action..cuz i could barely stand still outside -.-

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

and..my crap on my desk whilst the electricity was gone :/
[IMAGE]

oh, and me :P
[IMAGE]

Thats all :D

Deleted User
August 29, 2005, 1:22 am
muhahahaha..........sucks for New Orleans

Cookie`
August 29, 2005, 2:38 am
quote:Originally posted by Faulty Doorknobmuhahahaha..........sucks for New Orleans

Was the laugh at the beginning really neccessary?

Most likely New Orleans will be gone after this :O Seeing how most of the city is several feet below sea level and is surrounded by water basically. The city is protected by flood walls however that can withstand storm surges up to 15 feet, but these storm surges will most likely be 30 feet the news said :O So when the water goes in it will be trapped behind these walls and new orleans will be a lake!

vash763
August 29, 2005, 3:25 am
Dude that blue wall owns.

But it sucks for new orleans. My dad was just there on buisness

Michal
August 29, 2005, 3:48 am
The only hurricane that ever affected me was Isabel in 2003, I was supposed to leave for school but it was raining hard as hell, so I was like (Please refrain from swearing) that, and I stayed home even though school wasn't cancelled :P

Maxx
August 29, 2005, 4:37 am
Looks like were only going to get winds up to 100 mph at the most.

I feel REALLY DANG SORRY for New Orleans.
:/

I'll try to take some pics, if I can remember. And if I forget to, i'll just take some pics after it.
;D

AerialAssault
August 29, 2005, 4:59 am
[IMAGE]

Flatline
August 29, 2005, 5:16 am
I want a natural disaster :( Philadelphia never gets to have any fun.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 29, 2005, 5:17 am
Omg AA, im gonna come see you! I live in like the middle of SC.

Maxx
August 30, 2005, 2:31 am
quote:Originally posted by Maxx
EDIT:
Just got word we have hurricane days off school.

That's one good thing, i guess...

WHAT THE CRAP I ONLY GOT 1 HURRICANE DAY BECAUSE MY RICH-BUTTOKS SCHOOL HAS IT'S OWN COGENERATION PLANT, WHILST EVERY OTHER SCHOOL IS STILL OFF ARGABAGLAABAGRA!

Oh, and no pics yet. I'm just running on a generator right now.

I'll post 'em later.

karmazon
August 30, 2005, 4:32 am
boo hoo usa is center of the world again, what a catastrophe, I bet the american media will label it as the biggest catastrophe in the history of the world boo hoo help the africa and sri lanka

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 4:37 am
^^Go drink your nasty pop or soda or whatever on earth you call it and leave the members of this community alone. You realy realy annoy me.

Whats the point of having 2 hurrican threads?

karmazon
August 30, 2005, 4:58 am
Ok field marshal, I know that even though I annoy you you are still going to read my posts, instead of skipping them like a sane person would do it. So just to piss you off even more:

LOOK
[IMAGE]

OOOO NO...OH WAIT NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE TSUNAMI
maybe because it didn't happen in america right boo hoo

knock knock
whos there
boo
boo who
dont cry

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 5:27 am
You realy are pathetic

karmazon
August 30, 2005, 3:14 pm
So you did read my post field marshal, but I thought I'm pissing you off ?
Anyway both posts were a joke, I just thought of a random thing, next time it could be chess or space exploration, so stay tuned.

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 3:50 pm
When did I ever say you were pissing me off? I never said that in either of my posts, all i said was that you annoy me, and obveiously other members feel the same way. Thats fine you were joking but next time try and act more. . .mature. I dont care what you do in the bashpit but I only say this because you carry it out of here, in other peoples mod threads etc

karmazon
August 31, 2005, 12:21 am
annoying = pissing off fo me fo shizzle my nizzle fieldizzle marshazzizzle i wonderzizzle how longizzle can i writezizzle like thatizzle bizzle fizzle doggy televizzle

Elemental
August 31, 2005, 12:27 am
yar..so i got thursday for a half day of school...then friday off. We'll have to make it up eventually, but im ok with that, I needed a break :|

UGK
August 31, 2005, 12:32 am
hahaha u guys are screwed i live in New Mexico and nothing ever happens here! I play soldat while some people are beign killed by hurricanes. AHHH

The Geologist
August 31, 2005, 12:34 am
Yea, so funny -_-

Kazuki
August 31, 2005, 1:13 am
UGK ... please, for the love of God, stop being an idiot. Please.

Anyway, on the hurricane topic, I posted a sort-of summary in the other topic in the Lounge.

karmazon
August 31, 2005, 3:00 am
quote:Originally posted by UGKI play soldat while some people are beign killed by hurricanes. AHHH

WTF

N1nj@
August 31, 2005, 3:11 am
Its raining here in Toronto :(

AerialAssault
August 31, 2005, 3:19 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonquote:Originally posted by UGKI play soldat while some people are beign killed by hurricanes. AHHH

WTF
<3

Judge_Man
August 31, 2005, 1:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by Cookie.HAHA Here in canada we have to worry about freezing to death and getting eaten by polar bears!

ROFL! So true.. Stupid winter coming slowly..ARHGHGSS%

Cookie.
August 31, 2005, 6:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@Its raining here in Toronto :(

Yea its not even a tropical storm now and its raining occasionally with a light breeze :)