( search forums )
Idea for more weapons....
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Zegovia
July 7, 2005, 4:18 pm
I know that more weapons to soldat has already ben
suggested, but i got a idea of how it could work.

[IMAGE]

The weapons are divided in groups 1-9 and *. these slots have four slots (I to IV) in wich various weapons are named in. As you can see, Slot I contains the regular weapons in soldat while the remaining slots has others.

Note that im NOT referring to that i want the new weapons in the pic to be put in use (even though it would be intresting to see :P), Its just an example, and also note that i couldnt find any good reference to group 0 (the minigun) in slots II to IV..... :/

Okay this is how my idea works. when a player wants to run a server (or just a botmatch), the player can go into the options menu and open a "Weapon menu" to open up a window, quite as the pic showed above. then the player can choose weapons (slot I is default) by checking one of the small boxes in the slots. after the player has selected a weapon in each Slot the game can begin..... also an alternative is that there can be a "Random" or "shuffle" box to check so each match uses diffrent weapons. :D

The weapons should be of course well balanced, having a strong point and one (or a number) of weak points, such as that the crossbow is deadly and silent but has only one shot at a time or that the 454 casull has awesome stopping power but only five shots, a heckofa recoil and inacurate at a loong range (and maybe a considerate loading speed and fire rate.). ;)

That all folks, and please dont be a smartass or such (meaning flamer, spammer and allround mean person!), otherwise discuss as you wish.....thank you..... ^^

Deleted User
July 7, 2005, 4:31 pm
well your right, its been suggested a million times, even by me a couple of times but the way you set it is interesting. personly id hate having to choose which weapons i wont before a game, then youll have arguments over which ones to pick, and then constant whining when people dont get there way, and then even more weapons for stupid posts like, dual desert eagles are over powerd and things of the sorts. if it was a different game it would probaly work

zyxstand
July 7, 2005, 6:35 pm
the way i'm seeing it is you want differnet looking weapons of the same type - so you could just use different pictures for them...

oh - and for another type of minigun, perhaps the venom (as used in wolfenstein) might fit in although there it says its a sub-machine gun... check it out for yourself:
http://www.wolfensteinresource.com/weapons/venom.htm

^^ LINK ^^ LINK ^^ LINK ^^

Zegovia
July 7, 2005, 8:03 pm
Yeah sort of, but they will have diffrent stats and effect. :/

Keron Cyst
July 7, 2005, 8:44 pm
That is an interesting weapon selection method. I however think that a 4x14 chart is way too large xD

Also, I don't like the checkbox method; you should still be able to quickly grab a gun and get into the game by just clicking on the name. Plus (this is just IMO), you should be able to see one Roman numeral at a time, and scroll through the rows by using the arrow keys or clicking on arrows at the top of the weapon menu. I really like this idea, since it would add plenty of more weaponry to the game, although it might make it a bit more complex.

And specifically for the weapons themselves in that chart, ACT the Axe and Riot Shield should be switched. And isn't the M-60 a vehicle machine gun? Shouldn't that be under 0?...

BTW, with this method you'll have to add a preferred Primary weapon along with Secondary under the Player tab xP

EDIT @zyxstand: different-looking weapons of the same type? No, he's not suggesting just graphic & sound mods like how we can all already reproduce; this is for adding raw new weapons to the game, man B-)

Zegovia
July 7, 2005, 9:41 pm
My idea whas that you have this 14x4 (well sorta) chart in the options menu before the you run a server,and then you select one of each group, and then have 14 diffrent weapons to play with...

Your meaning that you have a number of weapon lists noted in roman numericals that you can switch between before you respawn? hmmm that didnt sound so bad either. ;)

Edit: oh and yeah! i whas meaning brand new fresh weapons, not modded old ones.... ^.^

Keron Cyst
July 7, 2005, 9:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by ZegoviaMy idea whas that you have this 14x4 (well sorta) chart in the options menu before the you run a server,and then you select one of each group, and then have ten diffrent weapons to play with...
Oh. OH. That definitely simplifies things.

But then you can't change while still in a server if you're bored! :-P

i am ahab
July 7, 2005, 11:10 pm
true. but you cant change while yr in a server now either if yr bored ;)
call me crazy, but maybe admins could have an option to change weapons -> the change would come into effect at the start of the next game....

im not against the idea.

or how about if the idea were extended to the current weapon set, but the power of each were alterable for each map based on the server config? so for longer range maps like run the ruger is more powerful, but for close range like kampf then the mp5 is made a better choice?

i have no idea what thisd do to the game. i just come up with the thought. i dont bother thinking it through ;p

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 7:48 am
^^^
quote:so for longer range maps like run the ruger is more powerful

ahab your just describing a weapon editor.
its an okay idea, i just dont think itll ever be implemeted

i am ahab
July 8, 2005, 9:58 am
quote:Originally posted by Taal^^^
quote:so for longer range maps like run the ruger is more powerful

ahab your just describing a weapon editor.

yes i am dude. but at the mo i dont think it rotates the weapon damage percentages when it changes map does it?
to bring more effect to longer range weapons on longer range maps....

Zegovia
July 8, 2005, 10:40 am
the idea whas that the admin should have control over wich 14 weapons (yeah i corrected myself i did say ten in my previous post! DOH! :P) the server shall use using that chart. :/

And if yur bored, there can be a random option so each match uses diffrent weapons...... ;)

Or there can be so that the players have powers over wich weapon they wanna use, so they make their own list using the chart in the options menu. so then players will hunt each other with diffrent weapons...

Captain Ben
July 8, 2005, 12:04 pm
Soldat needs more weapons. Not as in close range automatics/long range automatics, but about 3-4 variations of each, with only minor changes.

-TomPenny-
July 8, 2005, 3:07 pm
nice one zegovia.. i would really like to see this added in soldat..
if i understand right.. for each option from 1-9+0 + sec. you would have 4 choices.. guns in each group have same power as classic.. but other effect sounds.. would be good.. but how could you do a "weapon pick" in game? would look massive.. :D all in all i like the sawn-off shotgun idea a lot.. + the silenced version of uscom could be good.

Zegovia
July 8, 2005, 4:48 pm
No! not modified versions of the old ones, brand new guns that are made from scratch with other characteristics, stats and sounds than the regular ones. well balenced to not become overrated against the classic ones and so on. XP

Well the weapons in the chart whas just to give a idea of how it would work.
im sure we can work out wich other guns would be added. even though some of em would be intresting.... such as the sawn-off shotty as you mentioned... ;D

Keron Cyst
July 8, 2005, 6:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by -TomPenny-... guns in each group have same power as classic.. but other effect sounds...

No! The guns are completely different, brand-new guns. They are not simply modded versions of the old ones.

kwanfei
July 8, 2005, 7:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by -TomPenny-... guns in each group have same power as classic.. but other effect sounds...

No! The guns are completely different, brand-new guns. They are not simply modded versions of the old ones.

Yet! We want new GUNs, not MODs

vash763
July 8, 2005, 8:19 pm
ok, so the person running the server, selects 1 weapon from each of the 14 catagorys (and the weapons are new weapons, diferent stats) and those are the weapons that show up when you join and have to pick a gun. and there could also be a randomize button, that would randomly pick the 14 guns for you.

Now then, if I have that right, SHOULD you be able to set up like auto matches only? where you can use all the auto weapons? or Snipers only, and use all the weapons in row 8?

Like you could select one out of every catagory (you don't have to just like now) OR you could just select one catagory?

Zegovia
July 8, 2005, 10:45 pm
Yep you can chose any weapon of the groups I to IV in the slots 1 to 9 and *...

The random option will randomise the list of 14 weapons after each match.....

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 11:13 pm
a crossbow.....like my idea which you have to click once to reload, click second time to cock weapon, click third time to shoot :D wait will it just be a skin or an actual new weapon?

Michal
July 8, 2005, 11:47 pm
I suggested something like this a while ago, I still think it would be pretty good.
Something similar could be done with the weapons editor (once it comes out of course ;P) + mods + a configurator type program.

Zegovia
July 9, 2005, 1:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by dascooa crossbow.....like my idea which you have to click once to reload, click second time to cock weapon, click third time to shoot :D wait will it just be a skin or an actual new weapon?

Yeah its gonna be a bunch of actual new weapons.......

Come on people, read the posts so we dont have to repeat ourselfs over and over!

Keron Cyst
July 9, 2005, 5:44 pm
That's amazing. I posted that text in size 3 and he still managed to get past it (he probably just hit End and started utilizing the Quick Reply from there).

Deleted User
July 9, 2005, 10:42 pm
Wohoo , I had suggestion with new weps , this is co0l idea and I like it very much. New guns ^^ Yea I support this idea at 100%.

P.S.: but , think about it...its easy to say [self-critic] : "Yea I want new guns." but when I play I think there are enough of guns :\ I dunno ... I'd like new guns , but ...but ...

Jello
July 10, 2005, 8:00 am
I think it would be damn near impossible to balance that many weapons...

Zegovia
July 10, 2005, 4:03 pm
We dont need to have a 14x4 sheet, i made it big to give it a greater impression... ;)

perhaps a 14x3 sheet.... :D