( search forums )
Silenced Weapons
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
--Slayer--
July 7, 2005, 7:32 pm
It would be useful for stealth,when you want to put a silencer on your weapon-you only press a button and the soldier puts it on your weapon.

Deleted User
July 7, 2005, 7:36 pm
If so it should be a secondary you can choose.That way someone can't silence their barrett and then law you.
Instead they pick the silencer secondary and put it on the weapon.

Goofy_92
July 7, 2005, 8:07 pm
You can make silenced weapon sfx and gfx yourself, it's easy. ;]

Keron Cyst
July 7, 2005, 8:37 pm
Yeah, I agree with Gen0cide` in that the silencer barrel should be a secondary to attach onto another weapon. If that's the case it'd still need another key.

@Goofy_92: he means it to be an actual change for everyone, so that enemies won't hear you firing. And yea, it should only apply to specific weapons (e.g. not sniper rifle IMO :-P).

KeyesBlob
July 8, 2005, 2:48 am
Then the enemy could go into thier sound file and make it loud. Then it wouldn't be silenced. Pointless, and takes time away from more important tasks that Michal has to implement.

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 3:16 am
Keyes,how many people would really do that?How many people would think to do that?

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 7:53 am
wouldnt mind a slilenced rugar, but even in realistic if you can fire at them they can see you. and i think they would notice that there getting shot. if you really want a silent weapon use the knife *rubs knife* ooh baby ive missed you bad

Green Barret
July 8, 2005, 10:29 am
quote:Originally posted by KeyesBlobThen the enemy could go into thier sound file and make it loud. Then it wouldn't be silenced. Pointless, and takes time away from more important tasks that Michal has to implement.

I have done this for several games i play. I did it to my Counter Strike and although its cheap, it works well.

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 12:52 pm
Yes that's a good idea

Keron Cyst
July 8, 2005, 4:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by Taalwouldnt mind a slilenced rugar, but even in realistic if you can fire at them they can see you. and i think they would notice that there getting shot....
Not if you attack from behind (enemies are invisible behind in Realistic Mode) and kill 'em quickly!

SPARTAN_III
July 8, 2005, 5:03 pm
simply make the silenced sound a quieter version of the standard gun sound. then if they attempt to mod the sound, it will end up as a massive KABOOM in their ears.

silencers should make the gun less accurate or less powerful