( search forums )
CTF_TrenchSap
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 3:26 am
If only I didn't suck at mapping.I got an awesome idea,and even better inspiration,I just suck.
http://www.warmuseum.ca/cwm/overtop/index_e.html
Play that game,thats what I want my map like.

Two buildings on each side holding the flag.
In from the flags is a trench,with a sap(Underground tunnel)going to the next trench.The second middle trenches have a stat gun heavily defended by sandbags and such,as do the trenches.Those trenches also have SAPS going under the middle and meet the enemy's SAP,to make the underground tunnel,and let enemies sneak into the opposing trench.
In the middle of the map,is a field,now dead grass and mud,covered with barbed wire,obstacles and sandbags.(No mans land)
I think this would be awesome,I just can't get the trenches right.

Keron Cyst
July 8, 2005, 5:00 am
Paint it, please (I don't care how nasty the pic. is, just make a rough sketch). I absolutely cannot picture the 2D terrain and as much as I'd like to help my visual of WWI combat in two dimensions is terrible. Please draw some sketch of what you think it should look like, no matter how crappy it may look.

And Field Marshal BM specializes in WWII xP

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 8, 2005, 5:26 am
Trenches are pretty hard to do, because alot of the times, you're not really going anywhere, which is hard to do for some Soldat players. But seeing that flash gave me a new idea as to how I could make these maps in a whole new way..., I'll see, if I've got time, I'll definitly try to make one.

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 8:26 am
Lunerfox,whats your msn again?I lost it somehow :P
And Il'l TRY doing a paint sketch,the trenches are the hard part

Here it is,all it needs is GOODness,and lots of sandbags and scenery.
The spawnpoints are dugouts.I dunno exactly if the trenches would work like that..
[IMAGE]

Keron Cyst
July 8, 2005, 4:38 pm
Shouldn't the SGs be next to the flags?

You can't crouch or go prone wherever you can't stand normally. Yeah, it sucks. I agree with the idea for littering the tunnel with sandbags & crates.

In the middle of the tunnel should lie a blocks-only-soldaten polygon.

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 9:43 pm
What do you mean by that keron?

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 8, 2005, 11:00 pm
MSN: Lunerfox2000@hotmail.com

I've always wanted to try for a flat King of the hill style Trench map, 3 trenches, a team on each end, and the teams try to occupy the middle flags for the longest time wins.

Keron Cyst
July 9, 2005, 2:55 am
quote:Originally posted by Gen0cide`What do you mean by that keron?
What do I mean by what? I suggested three things :-P

Deleted User
July 9, 2005, 3:57 am
I mean the blocks-only-soldaten lol

Keron Cyst
July 9, 2005, 7:22 am
Polygons can be given attributes. It'd be a polygon that blocks only soldaten but allows bullets to pass through, which I think should be placed in the bottom-middle of the map in the tunnel (still litter sandbags & crates around, tho').

Deleted User
July 9, 2005, 11:08 pm
Well then that completely gets rid of the SAP's purpose.
SAPS as tunnels dug underground that are used to dig straight through to the enemies trenches.Often explosives are placed there and blow off right before a major attack across no mans land as a distraction.

Keron Cyst
July 10, 2005, 3:08 am
I see, I see. But in Soldat's case of that pic. it looks like the path'd be too chaotic; they aren't supposed to fight each other, remember?

Or are they? x.X Never mind, it's your map...

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 1:59 am
Yeah they're supposed to fight eachother,lol.It's a second path,besides no mans land,which is the most dangerous.

Keron Cyst
July 11, 2005, 5:01 am
Then put small spike pits along the tunnel like that one in the bottom-left of Cambodia, and along the top-left of Rok just for the heck of it :-P

vash763
July 11, 2005, 4:26 pm
you should make the sap bottleneck in like two places. maybe have the dugouts face the opposite direction.

and make sure that when you do the sap, there is no straight line through it, or else you get campers at one end of the tunnel. that, and i believe no mans land should be littered w/ craters, and should be fairly large, like the distance of stat guns?

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 8:49 am
So,maybe have the trench like the bottom of RUN?

Keron Cyst
July 12, 2005, 6:02 pm
Ja, ja. And plenty of crates & sandbags.

The no man's land should have craters for soldaten to hide in from sniper & SG fire. Maybe put some invisible polygons/masses of colliders way up to prevent 'Minigun-spraying.