( search forums )
something that realy should be implemented
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 2:24 pm
i know that this isnt for the bot maker forum but it whould be great in the bot editor ,to be able to adjust the bot speed and health. that whould ,bring the bot making to another dimension,giving you the power to create many different bots , like zombies aliens predators and stuff..wheeeers michal!!! *whistle* yo MICHAL!
*WHISTLES* michal!!!!!

Goofy_92
July 8, 2005, 3:06 pm
That would be pretty annoying... Invinsible ultra-speed bots with miniguns. Think about that. >.<

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 3:16 pm
could actualalay be cool... 5 human player vs 1 SUPER UBER BOT
kewl..

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 3:23 pm
actualy i was thinking ,zombie bots with low speed and health higher than human. and an idea i just got right now.TERMINATOR THEME! machines walking slower than man with some health higher than human and a minigun !! PLEASE THIS HAS TO BE IMPLEMENTED! i mean come on it whouldnt be that hard to program

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 11:16 pm
XD awesome and funny

Michal
July 8, 2005, 11:41 pm
Actually I think this would be a really interesting idea. It would be great for zombie matches as well as any other possible co-op type gameplay.

Deleted User
July 9, 2005, 6:15 pm
m..m...michal?

Green Barret
July 9, 2005, 6:44 pm
Cool. Totally agree on this. A super bot(or bots) vs. humen players. This way we can play games sort of like the Preditor or Terminator movie series.

Deleted User
July 9, 2005, 6:48 pm
or Aliens.

VodkaZombie
July 9, 2005, 6:56 pm
You'll be playing this game for hours without killing a single bot.

Raptor
July 9, 2005, 9:48 pm
The game would be unbalanced since the bots would be stronger and faster than a normal soldier

Deleted User
July 9, 2005, 10:24 pm
Hmm ...nice and bad idea. I like it but it could'nt be so cool.
But im for good co-op or single player moding for soldat.
So IMO I agree :)

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 2:53 am
Montoya begging for it to be implemented does crap all, instead of whining think of a great argument for why it should be implemented and discuss it till the topic is so big that MM has no choice but to see it. and i think this would go great with the new two gosteks feature

Fangus Deef
July 10, 2005, 3:22 am
there's thousands of ways to make bots better. THOUSANDS

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 10, 2005, 3:34 am
Yeah, making the thread long works, at least, thats how the sniper line got implantmented.

Captain Ben
July 10, 2005, 4:24 am
Pressure points would be good. Zombies couldn't get hurt unless you shot them in the head a few times!

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 6:28 am
you know i dont think people will overspam the bots because if they make them too strong, then themselves wont be able to kill them,besides most server people are reasonable. i mean whats the use of a bot that cant be killed.and about the zombie bots i was thinking that they ,could have 20 % more health than human and 40 % slower than human,so things whould be balanced.And for the terminator, iwas thinking that the bots should have
30% health more than humans and,20 %slower ,but they will have miniguns and they will be fewer than humans

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 6:22 pm
come on guys !! i need your replies! on this !! i need supporters

TheFunktopus
July 10, 2005, 6:36 pm
Sounds like a good idea, it would make bots way more fun. It would also be great if you could change respawn times of the bots. Like, a super-powerful bot that respawns every minute, or a small horde of weak but fast bots that respawn every second. Getting this to work is probably hard, though.

Deleted User
July 11, 2005, 7:40 am
no no no setting the bot speed and health whouldnt be hard to program.But setting respawn speed ,thats a game element. that should be hard. NEEEXT!

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 8:23 am
Come on people! i need your opinions on these!

Goofy_92
July 12, 2005, 8:41 am
Don't spam! This is ok, but if it'll be implemented, we need balance.

UltraMagnus
July 12, 2005, 10:25 am
this sounds like a really good idea, would add a differnt angle to soldat, and would make it possible to use bots to train on.

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 1:00 pm
yeah thats a great idea!, my thought is the multiple choices of making bots!

COME ON COME ON! MORE REPLIES!I NEED AS MUCH REPLIES AS POSSIBLE!DAM IT WHERE IS MICHAL!

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 8:37 pm
Holy christwagons, this is one of the best ideas I've ever seen. This could take themed battles into a whole new level! This has my full support.

And I DON'T CARE if it would be ''unbalanced''. It would still be fun. And I agree with Capt. Ben.

PS. And please don't spam Montoya.

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 8:43 pm
This would be a good idea with the gostek idea in the next version.
It's also be cool with if the bots could be forced not to jet, so that zombie maps would make more sense. And you could make a horde style game mode too. I'm all for this idea.

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 9:28 pm
I am great that people support my idea like that!! cmon !! more posts more posts!

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 9:35 pm
This thread is being filled fastly with your own spam posts.

UltraMagnus
July 12, 2005, 10:12 pm
buts being forced not to jet is a good idea, although it could lead to alot getting stuck

a-4-year-old
July 12, 2005, 10:49 pm
i like this idea. most ppl are smart enough to not make a superunkillableultrabot but make the bots harder and more chalenging + we get to make alein/robot bots that are really good and reinact movies like "mars atacks!" and "terminator" SWEET fully support this idea

Chaos Controll
July 13, 2005, 1:06 am
This IS an awesome idea. Even if it is unbalanced, like the bots have 500% more health, and are faster or whatever, when has a bot been able to beat a good human player, or players. Great way to practise for noobs too. Try killing something 2X as strong and fast, then moving to human matches would be easier too. (it would help killing and staying alive if the opponent is so much stronger) It could only make the game better

CottonTheMoth
July 13, 2005, 2:37 am
I would love for this to be implemented! Having a bot that goes 2x your own speed would be very good practice for keeping an accurate shot. It'd be so awsome to watch a bot zip around the course at unthinkable speeds...kills barretards too.There needs to be a bot that finds all players that arent moving and finds them extremely fast and kills them. :D
/addbot hunter!!!
The anti barretard weapon!!
(even though I myself am a barretard)
super speed bots in ctf would suck so bad though.
XD

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 6:19 am
i dont spam i just wait for more replies over my own!! anyway MORE MORE MORE!!! :)

Aegis
July 13, 2005, 7:16 am
I support this in the sense that it would be interesting to see more dynamic bots, but personally nothing can replace practice practice practice against real players for training. Bots can never imitate a player, because people do unexpected things, whereas bots run on a set of instructions.

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 7:27 am
No montova,you ARE spamming.
Posts without a purpose like yours' are spam,and if you continue,expect getting shunned and possible banned if it gets worse.
The bot idea is good, but you said something about respawn speed?There already is respawn speed.
Play the game a little more before you go suggesting things.

vash763
July 13, 2005, 8:31 am
im with this idea, regardless if he's spamming.

give it a points system though, the more you put into one section, the less you can have in another.

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 8:43 am
actualy i didnt say anything about respawn speed. a guy said that. and i didnt mentioned this this for practice ,but for the more choices of creating bots.like slow zombies with big amount of health

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 9:24 am
quote:Originally posted by Montoyano no no setting the bot speed and health whouldnt be hard to program.But setting respawn speed ,thats a game element. that should be hard. NEEEXT!

Um,no,that was you.

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 9:33 am
quote:Originally posted by TheFunktopusSounds like a good idea, it would make bots way more fun. It would also be great if you could change respawn times of the bots. Like, a super-powerful bot that respawns every minute, or a small horde of weak but fast bots that respawn every second. Getting this to work is probably hard, though.
... ahem

UltraMagnus
July 13, 2005, 9:42 am
Montoya if your going to spam atleast try to disguise your posts as half pointfull ones!

and, although if this was implemented there would probabally be a couple of weeks where just about every n00b is hoasting severs with uber-mega-bots-of-death or incredibly crap bots, it would probabally stop and make some really cool servers after that

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 10:21 am
making uber mega bots is realy stupid...useless...worthless...whats the use of a bot that cant die :( !

vash763
July 13, 2005, 11:16 am
well look at starcraft, cause i played it online a loooooooooong time ago. you rarely ever see 3v1 human on super army

also even if you didnt want it for practice, it would still be used for practice. specially for barreters i think

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 11:39 am
i played starkr4ft for 3 months online ...then i got sick of it, the only strategy multiplayer that attracted me was red alert 2...ah,good days...aaaanyway back to our subject.Any more comments? damn cant anybody call michal!!

dude
July 13, 2005, 2:52 pm
red alert 2 tht game is ausome..although soldat has ridden over that and now i dont play no more

EDIT: srry off topic

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 4:32 pm
yeah i was going to say that...

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 4:47 pm
I used to play it a long time ago...

But I don't do that anymore, because I got stuck with both of the campaigns. The last mission for both of them is extremly hard. The whole friggin' map is filled with enemies.

But it was a good game back then.

Sniff... memories.

TIR_Blade
July 13, 2005, 6:23 pm
wouldn't this make it possible to make a bot that is named, looks, and says human things...this would make framing somebody for cheating possible :(...it hurts...it hurts so much

UltraMagnus
July 13, 2005, 8:21 pm
but couldnt you just go into a game with a trainer and using that persons name to do that?

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 8:42 pm
You're right. It's just the same.

a-4-year-old
July 14, 2005, 12:20 am
quote:Originally posted by TIR_Bladewouldn't this make it possible to make a bot that is named, looks, and says human things...this would make framing somebody for cheating possible :(...it hurts...it hurts so much

that wont happen
1 cant bring bots into a random server
2 unless you are an obsessive person who wants a 5% health bot with the same name of that guy that called you a noob, you wont want to do that
:)

Vanana
July 14, 2005, 4:39 am
cool idea, many ways of having fun...
imagine you, with a MP5, against 15 predators in the "flashback" map

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 6:23 am
lol i dont stand a chance!

rabidhamster
July 14, 2005, 1:34 pm
i think it would be cool, as long as the server name would have (MB) in front, for modded bots, ex. (MB) Terminator Server.

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 2:19 pm
yeah actualy i never thought about that! Great idea! but are you people sure this will make Michal notice? i mean what are the chances

Deleted User
July 19, 2005, 12:42 am
Good Idea

Deleted User
July 21, 2005, 9:53 am
Great Idea! just thought i should add my support :P

What do you guys think about the possibility of bots using different gosteks so you can be playing against little alien dudes that could bit you and what not? or even things from alien vs predtor :) massive munch-gods...

Swebonny
July 21, 2005, 10:09 am
Pretty good idea...A Super Bot would be great in the servers to creat chaos.

Deleted User
July 21, 2005, 10:43 am
lol montoya 77 posts all from this one topic, what did i say about not whining, if the idea is good enough one of MM idea scouts will bring it to his attention.

Psyker
July 22, 2005, 6:22 am
i just want a really, really, really fast bot so i can practice aiming with different weapons

Futile
July 23, 2005, 2:33 pm
This suggestion is great. The bots are absolutely worthless atm, _any_ improvement is much welcome, and this particular idea seems to be really really usefull.

Alamo
July 23, 2005, 2:39 pm
Rambo ain't very different either, so I don't understand why everyone is all about balance. As long as you have appropriate numbers of bots and players there's no problem.

Deleted User
July 23, 2005, 4:51 pm
But there should be a filter.

Deleted User
July 24, 2005, 1:46 pm
Ahh, something like ''no modified bots''?

Deleted User
July 24, 2005, 2:40 pm
yeah i think michal should like make a online/single player mode where you keep going forward and killing zombies n then u fight a boss. kinda like a mission mode.

Dark_Noddy
July 26, 2005, 1:05 pm
I like this Idea ! It would be awsome to be able to make super bots etc, and to allaya who is (Please refrain from swearing)ing about "superbots are unbalanced" THEY ARE BOTS ! Its not like YOU have to have them in EVERY GAME YOU play.. But there should be a filter checkbox AND a tag in servername..

Darkfist007
July 26, 2005, 4:11 pm
Sounds like a good idea. If all the bots have under 50% normal health a barret would go through a handfull before stopping. >.< That would be funny. But yeah I like the idea, but it may be abbused by people like me and my friends, a server with 4 bots 100% acc and 175% health. >.<

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 10:35 am
man i can feel it! its getting close !!! :D

Kyklis
July 29, 2005, 4:22 am
Hmm...good idea. Itwould be fun watching 20 zombies advance. Zombies with 400% health, but really slow moving would be funny. Cept no jets :P. Terminator would be awesome too. I'm behind this idea 200%.

Rambo_6
July 29, 2005, 6:57 am
Modifying certain bot aspects is acceptable, since bots are so easy to kill. Modifying their weapon power or jets would be a no-no, since jets are map-specific, and making their weapons stronger would be bad since they could easily overpower you with most guns.

Giving them more health or slower walk-speed, however, would be a neat idea.

Btw, you'd better stop spamming, Montoya. You may think you aren't, but you are. MM will eventually have a look at this topic., so no need to yell about him.

Deleted User
July 29, 2005, 9:36 am
what are the reasons not to implemen this ??

Rambo_6
July 29, 2005, 3:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 jets are map-specific, and making their weapons stronger would be more unfair since they could easily overpower you with most weapons.

Cookie.
July 29, 2005, 4:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by Leo Da LunerfoxYeah, making the thread long works, at least, thats how the sniper line got implantmented.

Find the link to that post it was hillarious :P I think sniper line got implemented because noone understood what he was asking! lol

Anyways sniper line rocks :\

Deleted User
July 30, 2005, 12:13 pm
i believe sniper lines is useless

Deleted User
July 30, 2005, 12:53 pm
your useless, sniper line roxars my boxars

Deleted User
July 31, 2005, 8:02 am
im useless??? i am the one that thought the bot idea >.> i cant understand why nobody suggested it yet

Deleted User
August 3, 2005, 4:31 pm
anybody knows when 1.2.2 is released?

-Claw-
August 3, 2005, 5:47 pm
Niice idea, im really for this one! :]

E: After it is ready, i think 1-2 weeks..