( search forums )
Most Overpowered Weapon (NOT most-abused)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Keron Cyst
July 8, 2005, 4:26 pm
Most overpowered is different from most-abused, so don't just scroll down to the Fast Reply and say that all campers are barretards.

I think the GL is the most over-powered weapon in Soldat. It reloads extremely fast and can kill anyone no matter what condition their health, or whether they have the Bulletproof Vest (the Barret's bullet can't penetrate it; it's hilarious to run up to a sniper, have him fire at point-blank, see that you're still alive, and fist him to death as he says "OMG HAX" xD Knife can't penetrate vest either). It kills every time provided the 'nade gets a direct hit and reloads in, what? 4 seconds? Sure, the LAW can kill someone with BV provided a direct hit (which IMO is much harder), but it has a 10-second reload rate. If an extra second was added, or if the damage was lowered so that someone with a BV could survive at least one launched grenade, it'd be more balanced.

The sniper rifle, most overpowered? Please; it's an anti-tank weapon (as the manual states). Of course it'll tear a soldat in half! And it's easily binked. Is there an annoying camper who always gets you with his sniper? Use an auto. One time Alpha was using nothing but sniper rifles and I busted out trusty weapon 4 and I didn't kill any of them; I just smacked each with 3-5 bullets and none of 'em were able to kill me; I grabbed the flag and capped while they missed all their shots - some when I was 5 ft. in front of 'em - from the bink effect.

If the Ruger killed in two hits all the time I'd consider it overpowered since it's not binked at all. Weapon 2 is a little overpowered in that if you're close enough to your target you've basically won, since it sprays out its clip of 30 bullets in less than 5 seconds. It'd be more balanced with a slightly higher reload rate, even if just by half a sec.

Denacke
July 8, 2005, 4:27 pm
Stop the weapon discussions already, your posts aren't really contributing anymore.

-Claw-
July 8, 2005, 4:33 pm
This becomes.. Barrett users: "All spray weapons are" Auto users: "Whine" :|

mickle89
July 8, 2005, 4:37 pm
quote:some when I was 5 ft. in front of 'em - from the bink effect.

You actually see Soldat maps in feet. Are you serious?

Felix
July 8, 2005, 4:38 pm
I think this is the 45th thread about weapon, it's annoying! damnit.

Keron Cyst
July 8, 2005, 4:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by mickle89... You actually see Soldat maps in feet. Are you serious?
*lol* Oh, no, no, I was just estimating the distance between the enemy and me xD I still would like to see the GL weakened and MP5 reload rate raised.

And @Denacke: I'll go stop making threads under General Discussions. I felt like I had to rant about something :-P

AerialAssault
July 8, 2005, 6:11 pm
its a 40mm grenade launcher. its power is countered by its short range and the fact that its easy to dodge the grenade.

SuperKill
July 8, 2005, 8:02 pm
is it too hard to call m79 in its own name?
anyway i cant believe anyone even thinks that m79 can be somehow overpowered. its so easy to avoid from.. *many other reasons here, altho i'm tired*
kinda makes me happy have an opponent with m79 cause i know there's a slight to no chance he'll get me.

the minimi is currently the real overpowered weapon.

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 8:07 pm
hmm. i always thought the ruger was overpowered. but i use it, so im not complaining.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
July 8, 2005, 8:35 pm
I really hate when people tell me to not use m79 because it's overpowered. I'm just good with it. I think the main reason people dislike the m79 is because a lot of people use it. People like it because it can boost them and blow things up.

Cookie.
July 8, 2005, 8:57 pm
Soccom and law probably are

b00stA
July 8, 2005, 9:03 pm
No more topics about weapon balance please.