( search forums )
"Ready to Respawn"
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Keron Cyst
July 8, 2005, 6:21 pm
I hate having to try to find some safe zone on a map and then type "brb" and quickly take out groceries, or go run some other form of errand and give enemies free kills. I think that when your respawn time is over it should say something like Ready to Respawn, but your soldat should not actually respawn until you push some key or move the mouse or somethin'. This way you can quickly be AFK and not mess up your statistics. This would also give time to choose a different weapon set without risking enemies killing you while you're inactive, since you wouldn't respawn until you have your weapons picked and are absolutely ready (not necessary for first spawn of a match; enemies are too far away to reach you quickly, anyways).

While I'm on it I think there should be some kind of AFK-aware system in which if you specify in Esc (a fifth option tag, or something) that you know you're AFK and are quickly hurrying to get back into the action you can't be vote-kicked (you automatically leave after 5 min., anyways).

wunderbear
July 8, 2005, 6:33 pm
Good idea. I've often been trying to choose a weapon, only to spawn early and be killed before i can choose. An interesting idea. Perhaps a "Spectator Mode"?

kwanfei
July 8, 2005, 8:01 pm
Nice, i would like to see that

PreeGo
July 8, 2005, 9:01 pm
I think thats a good idea..!
I often got killed of some "stupid" campers in my own spawn..!

Its a nice idea..!

Maxx
July 8, 2005, 10:42 pm
That would be wonderful, so, so wonderful.

I don't agree with the last 2 lines though.
That would make it too complicated.

Raptor
July 9, 2005, 9:35 pm
That's an excellent idea Keron Cyst! I really would like to see this in the next Soldat version!

Deleted User
July 9, 2005, 10:46 pm
Good idea, it will prevent from AFK-kills [but I dont like afk anyway] and spawning <-and that important!

Keron Cyst
July 9, 2005, 10:52 pm
@wunderbear: it'd take too long (yes, those precious seconds) to get out of the game and then join as a spectator. Sometimes I'm called off the comp. and need to be off somewhere else right away.

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 2:47 am
great idea, i fully support it. infact im goin on a hungar strike, im not eating til this is implemented.........god im hungray

Keron Cyst
July 10, 2005, 3:01 am
*lol* Better bust out those energy drinks, then xD

Alamo
July 10, 2005, 11:23 am
Awesome idea! I wonder why noone thought about this earlier. Should definitely be added.

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 11:29 am
I like it... by example hit Z and you spawn again. thats nice

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 11:45 am
hmm not hit Z I think... then noobs will be frustrated and wonder how they will come into play...
and since they dont know where the chat button is either, they will just sit and wait till they grow tired and uinstall soldat :P or not... but it should go away by pressing fire button. thats my opinion....

oh and, great Idea Keron

SPARTAN_III
July 10, 2005, 2:41 pm
how bout you would spawn when you've chosen your primary weapon.

UltraMagnus
July 12, 2005, 10:43 am
i think this is a excellent idea, would be great if you have spawncampers or need to take a leak

Deleted User
July 13, 2005, 9:27 am
A great idea. Maybe there should be a big button ''ready to respawn'' in the up of the monitor?

I hate servers with very little respawn time.

What if you could stay invisible (and invincible maybe) for couple of seconds after you've respawned? That could prevent spawncamping, probably. But it could create some other problems, though.

Vanana
July 14, 2005, 4:45 am
agree!

Keron Cyst
July 14, 2005, 7:27 am
quote:Originally posted by Fluffy... Maybe there should be a big button ''ready to respawn'' in the up of the monitor?...
No, no, I was thinking just have the text replace the respawn time countdown once it reaches 0.0 secs.

Captain Ben
July 14, 2005, 7:40 am
My grand add-on to idea would be a button you press while you're dead. It would be better that way, because you wouldn't always have to press the 'spawn ready' button.

Da cHeeSeMaN
July 14, 2005, 7:27 pm
yes you have to shoot to come back like liera that would be good

rabidhamster
July 14, 2005, 7:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIhow bout you would spawn when you've chosen your primary weapon.

YES!

Keron Cyst
July 14, 2005, 9:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenMy grand add-on to idea would be a button you press while you're dead. It would be better that way, because you wouldn't always have to press the 'spawn ready' button.
I thought about that, but see, what if you accidentally press something right after you die (like due to lag; you were living on your comp. when you were supposed to be dead, and then you drop a second later) and then you have to get off for a bit afterwards?

Maybe you could press again to de-activate automatic respawn if you accidentally pushed once.

Icy ReBiRtH
July 14, 2005, 11:37 pm
I like the "After you choose your primary weapon." It's newbie friendly.