( search forums )
Were you a Soldier?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Pigtard
July 8, 2005, 9:52 pm
Yes, we all hate Soldiers, but, were you ever one when you first played? Were you ever in their shoes, or did you change your name right away? Me, I changed my name since my friend explained to me how to play.

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 9:54 pm
Sometimes I play as soldier when I'm just playing to screw around,but I changedmy name right away.

MOFO NOFO
July 8, 2005, 10:11 pm
EVERYONE has been a soldier FFS, this topic is just useless spam and should be locked.

Raptor
July 8, 2005, 10:19 pm
I once was a Soldier too
quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOEVERYONE has been a soldier FFS, this topic is just useless spam and should be locked.

I agree... Lock the topic.

_Mancer_
July 8, 2005, 11:03 pm
Its not spam you idiots, hes asking a question. A usless question, but it isnt spam.

karmazon
July 9, 2005, 12:16 am
I change my name right away in every game to "karmazon" cause I rocksorz yo bocksorz

Deleted User
July 9, 2005, 12:57 am
ha. once i played as "Michal Marcinkowski".

Unlucky 13
July 9, 2005, 2:08 am
I didn't change my name at first, when I played against bots, but once I got online I changed my name.

VodkaZombie
July 9, 2005, 2:11 am
Robots dont have emotion, so I dont really understand what the point really was?

Keron Cyst
July 9, 2005, 2:42 am
quote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13I didn't change my name at first, when I played against bots, but once I got online I changed my name.

Same here. And @VodkaZombie: they're just called bots. And his point was that, in fighting emotionless bots, he wouldn't have to put up with "Go change your !@^%# name Soldier" from long-time players who believe they're "1337" :-|

Jello
July 9, 2005, 2:42 am
I changed my name when I started playing online, like Unlucky 13. I played against bots for a very long time though (I think it was a year) because I couldn't acess the lobby. I was too dumb to realize I needed to download a patch.

VodkaZombie
July 9, 2005, 4:51 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by Unlucky 13I didn't change my name at first, when I played against bots, but once I got online I changed my name.

Same here. And @VodkaZombie: they're just called bots. And his point was that, in fighting emotionless bots, he wouldn't have to put up with "Go change your !@^%# name Soldier" from long-time players who believe they're "1337" :-|

I know, It was a joke. I'm glad atleast someone understands my humor.

Keron Cyst
July 9, 2005, 7:21 am
Thanks ;-)

Deleted User
July 9, 2005, 10:30 am
I changed to Psycho right away... the only time I was a solidier was when I had to reinstall the game and dint bother to change the player settings ^^

Goofy_92
July 9, 2005, 10:46 am
Nope, I changed my name immediately.

Alamo
July 9, 2005, 12:21 pm
I changed my nick immediately. In the beginning i only played occasionally on my 56k modem. Now i had a time in which i called myself Soldier and would own everyone :) ... I'm back to Alamo now though.

i am ahab
July 9, 2005, 12:24 pm
i was a soldier. full helmet and no jewlery :O

Deleted User
July 9, 2005, 12:36 pm
lol i once played as soldier only to get people saying "go chnage your name noob" and then snap thier pansy white (please refrain from swearing)

Green Barret
July 9, 2005, 1:46 pm
Playing alot of FPS games since i 1997, I knew how to change the name. In fact, before I play any game what so ever, I read that game's manuel carefully so I never start as a total 'noob'.

And that's why I hate people who ask dumb questions such as 'how do you use your jet?'. RTFM everyone!

Captain Ben
July 9, 2005, 2:16 pm
'h0w u og invisabl/'
The way I go with online names is that I'll use one name while I'm learning how to play the game, then once I get recognizeable skill, I'll change it into the one I'll use forever more.

grand_diablo
July 9, 2005, 2:33 pm
Thats one of the things I always do when installing a new game: changing the nick.

So no, ive never accidentally played as Soldier, just sometimes to react ppls reaction on a "Soldier" who owns them, I managed to earn 4 kickvotes within 10 minutes although i didnt do anything wrong but owned the rest of the server :p

Alamo
July 9, 2005, 3:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by grand_diablo
So no, ive never accidentally played as Soldier, just sometimes to react ppls reaction on a "Soldier" who owns them[...]

Same here :)

Felix
July 9, 2005, 3:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by aznbl00dha. once i played as "Michal Marcinkowski".

All ppl who take that name, are usually cheaters, who thinks it's funny
to cheat with the name of the creator, ha ha ha, im laughin -.-

SPARTAN_III
July 9, 2005, 4:54 pm
i've ALWAYS been The Unrealist

Keron Cyst
July 9, 2005, 5:28 pm
Why not Spartan III?

?
July 9, 2005, 9:04 pm
Actaully the first thing I did was look for a name change slot, because I new online games let you choose your name most of the time, but I never really acted like a "newb" I always just attacked and killed everything I could, only thing that probebly pissed off the people that played with me was that I could never get the flag back to the base.

_Mancer_
July 9, 2005, 10:28 pm
When I started I was "Iron Cross"

But that reminded me of hitler so I got the name Mancer from Necromancer (summoner of death)

Oh the irony...

MOFO NOFO
July 9, 2005, 10:46 pm
i used to be caller Stealther

?
July 9, 2005, 11:29 pm
/me forgot about name history

Well... It went GrAm, to OnE GrAm, then Jazzy Joe, and then finally SE{Jazzy Joe}XY

?
July 9, 2005, 11:29 pm
/me forgot about name history

Well... It went GrAm, to OnE GrAm, then Jazzy Joe, and then finally SEXY

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 3:11 am
i was gunslinger when i first started playing, and always used the dual desert eagles

Avarax
July 10, 2005, 4:01 am
i've been HarryPopper right from the start.

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 7:13 am
I changed it right away to Dragon_X, but then my brother changed it to his name, so i had to change it back to mine ~_~

Hoodlum
July 10, 2005, 3:45 pm
I was a soldier for a little but then I figured out how to change my name.