( search forums )
knife ideas
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
SPARTAN_III
July 9, 2005, 1:58 am
the first one:

in the player menu where you change your name and preferred secondary, there should be an dropdown menu to choose "knife style". this would have 2 options: stab or throw. stab would be the current mode, while throw would map the knife throw to the fire key and stab to a different key. this does NOT mean clicking fire will make you throw away your AK etc, what i mean is that using the "throw" style will make your knife as like a one-shot weapon.

second:

i would like to see the knife made into a "semiautomatic" weapon, meaning click once to stab (or throw) once.

third:

the knife should be able to "block" a knife by stabbing at the samemoment as the other knife. thrown knives can not be blocked

fourth:

you spawn with one knife. i think that if you kill a person who has a knife (whether equipped or unequipped) you should be able to pick up that person's knife as well as your own. you should only be able to carry 3 knives at once. this should only be available for the "throw" style.

Keron Cyst
July 9, 2005, 2:47 am
I don't think the first is necessary, although you had a good idea in mind.

I'd like the second (like the pistol, in which you have to let go of the mouse key to stab again).

About the third suggestion: are you trying to create swordfighting in Soldat?! Sacrilege!! :-P

Love the multiple knife idea, but it should take a bit to get another out (can't just toss one right after the other).

Captain Ben
July 9, 2005, 4:01 am
All of those ideas are abhorrent.

Unlucky 13
July 9, 2005, 4:21 am
The first one:
Not really needed, but would be fine, although a bit useless.

Second:
Yes, would lower the knife's stab ability to kill, but still wouldn't weaken long-range ability.

Third:
IMO this sucks, unless the knife can block a thrown knife, not really that good.

Fourth:
Nah, I think the knife styles would be singled out to just people using throw. One knife is cool enough.

Deleted User
July 9, 2005, 7:30 am
1. probaly not needed. i wouldnt mind it though
2. i like the knife the way it is, doing that would make it harder to mow down a group of zombies with the knife
3.YES sword fighting, GENIOUS(im a fencing nut), why didnt i think of that.....umm though i dont think much other people would like it. i mean when was the last time you blocked a knife with a knife.
4.i dont really like this idea, i lke throwing the knife in a knife fight then scrambling to get it before i get my knees chopped off by my foe :P

Koon
July 9, 2005, 7:37 am
the only one of these ideas i would like to be in the game is #2. there should be a longer delay than there is now to give the chainsaw a bigger edge over the knife in melee combat.

Deleted User
July 9, 2005, 8:50 am
The third is the best

Deleted User
July 9, 2005, 10:39 am
I hate nr 1. I use both stabbing and throwing (throwing the most)
and to throw with the fire button would be.. blah..
I modified my controls spechially for knife throwing and nade throwing.. change weapon, shoot weapon, throw weapon its all on the mouse (scroll is change, pressing down scroll is throw, right mouse button is nade)
the other ideas is.. well ok, but I'd rather leave the knife be as it is ;)

SPARTAN_III
July 9, 2005, 1:09 pm
the first idea i thought up for the "ninjas" out there who use the knnife primarily as a throw weapon, and psycho, that's why i gave my idea as an option.

keron, i agree that there should be a delay before pulling out another knife.

also unlucky is right, on second thought thrown knives should be blocked, but maybe a short delay after blocking.

and yes, maybe the multiple knife should be made available to all styles.

bl00dy_n0se
July 9, 2005, 1:38 pm
I would like idea 1. It's easier to press the fire button instead of "f". And i use the knife very often, so i would help me.