( search forums )
health protection...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
July 9, 2005, 5:23 am
prolly should've thought of a better title....but anyways:

a new ability for anyone to give him/her invincibility against any forms of attacks at the expense of some health and disability to walk or move in air...

let's say 'c' would be the new default button for this, while you hold it you cannot get hurt from other people however it slowly drains your health...very useful for escaping tight situations ie in ctf when you just capped the flag...

another thing: i love barret but i do think that it's a bit overpowered, so this feature would weaken the barret:
ie: you're running away with flag on top in ctf_run and a barreter is chasing you below - so everytime you jump a little gap hold 'c' and stay protected.

also good against:
-) knife attacks, since it's predictable when knife will be thrown
-) M79 projectiles, since you see the projectile fly [at you]

IN GENERAL:

while holding 'c':
A) musts
__1) you're totally invincible
__2) health drains slowly
__3) you cannot move
B) optional
__1) weapon disabled (including nades)
__2) reload/recoil stopped
__3) total input disabled
__4) falling still hurts in real mode

Deleted User
July 9, 2005, 7:19 am
not a too bad idea, but i dont think it would fit in. it would either be abused, or not used at all. i really dont think it would fit into the game at all
p.s shouldnt be able to use it with the flag

Keron Cyst
July 9, 2005, 7:25 am
You have a good idea in mind but I don't think it'll be implemented :-/

Koon
July 9, 2005, 7:40 am
if you cant move while its activated what good would it be in escaping tight situations?

Deleted User
July 9, 2005, 10:42 am
wtf that is the wierdest idea I have ever heard... a soldat just turns into a ball of steel?
what the f*ck is that? I hate this idea, it would totally ruin soldat in my opinion.
I mean.. he just suddenly "becomes invisible" of some wierd reason...
nonono I hate tihs idea and if it gets implemented I kill myself thankyouverymuch

SPARTAN_III
July 9, 2005, 1:12 pm
its a bit broken, and i dont think it would fit.

Green Barret
July 9, 2005, 1:50 pm
Oh, yeah. If this is ever implimented, the M79 would become useless. How pathetic.

Captain Ben
July 9, 2005, 2:11 pm
Not exactly an abhorrent suggestion, I kind of can see some its uses, but besides getting down the shaft in INF_Fortress safely, I can't see any other good in it.

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 9, 2005, 3:43 pm
its the same concept as SSBM guys, its not like its totally a new concept...

Keron Cyst
July 9, 2005, 5:42 pm
Yeah, but Soldat's supposed to have a touch of realism... :-P

zyxstand
July 9, 2005, 8:21 pm
it already has that 'touch'... i was totally thinking about super smash bros for this idea...
escaping tight situations as in; ctf_kampf, got the flag in red base, enemy throws nades x100...

you do know i meant invincible, psycho - not invisible...