( search forums )
Map idea: inf_Predator
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Keron Cyst
July 9, 2005, 6:11 pm
If I tried to make this map it'd probably end up looking like intestines made of rock and some floating gallstones :-P

Okay, so I'm thinking of a map called inf_Predator, in which the two teams spawn right next to and can see each other (just at the beginning) like in ctf_Death (that close; maybe a bit farther), and they take tunnels leading away from each other as Bravo team hears all the members of Alpha team pick up 1 of the 15 Predator power-ups that lie right next to them. Bravo then scrambles madly to man the few SGs around its flag and hopes they can ward off the invisible Predators, that, if they manage to snatch, can carry back to their white flag (not where they respawned, somewhere else) to score. And there'd be even more Predator power-ups waiting for them to use at their base flag. The path from Alpha spawn to Bravo flag cannot be far enough to waste the Predator power-up's time (but you want Bravo to hear Alpha grabbing the power-ups as they run to the black flag).

Bravo gets CGs & BVs (abundant amounts waiting next to their respawn points, just like the Predator power-ups).

This would work extremely well if polygons that block only soldaten from Bravo team could be stashed in front of the Predator power-ups where Alpha's respawn & flag are :-)

Also, the Predators should be able to see each other (I hope Marcinkowski reads this topic).

paramud
July 9, 2005, 6:30 pm
Been done, based on the actual avp movie.

Keron Cyst
July 10, 2005, 3:19 am
Oh, really? Linkie! :-P